Arison to Sell Ten Million Shares of Carnival Stock

yogimax

Love the sarcastic smile!:)

As an expert, you must know that the average daily trading volume of CCL is about 4 million shares.

Very simply, that means Arison's shares will cause a 2 1/2 day overhang of the stock.

:rolleyes: yes... he's going to unload all his shares in one trading day :rolleyes::o

lol

large volume share buys/sells are staggered over a long period... much like how when a large fund changes its positions...this isn't you selling your 50 shares of aapl here.

I love this forum..it's so amusing..I don't come here for any cruise related info or discussions but a window into a whole different world.

Edited by gilboman

Micky Arison will be selling ten million shares of Carnival stock. That's roughly $385,000,000. Not bad considering all the problems Carnival and Costa have recently had.

If you own Carnival stock, you have to ask yourself some questions. Yes the news story I linked below says it's for tax and other purposes, but it still gives a sense that Micky is not thrilled with the company's future. Add to that the recent stories of thousands of free cruises being given to fill cabins and I see a real red flag. ]

Former CEO selling 9% of his stake and you are seeing red flags?? Really ?? This is funny. Took you 6 days to find this and post ? Also can you post your source where it shows that Carnival gave out "thousands" of free cruises to fill rooms please. Thanks.

Nope, doesn't work that way. Let's say Arison wants to get 38 1/2 for his shares.

As a buyer, I may be willing to buy the shares, but not at 38 1/2. Maybe, I'm willing to pay 37.

With a huge number of shares being offered, the price will tend to drop due to supply and demand.

Oops, missed 9:30 stock opening!

did you buy fb when zuckerberg sold 41 million shares? it went down in price right? ;)

he sold 41 million shares in one day right!!! price must've went down to like 0!!!:eek:

execs as in mid/lower level employees who don't already have a gazillion shares... a large stakeholder selling for diversification, estate planning and tax purposes doesn't really count.

I'm happy that our room steward call now call himself an Executive.;)

I agree that selling for estate planning and tax purposes don'r really count but 'diversification' can be a red flag. Is he planning to invest in Royal Caribbean or NCL, - not a good sign. :eek: Or is he investing in T-Bills or other lower risk stuff to offset the cyclical nature of the Carnival investment? Or is he planning a big off season free agent signing binge - not a good sign if you're not a Miami Heat fan!

In the end it's only about 5% of his holdings in Carnival and 5 million got sold last Friday already. The other 5 million can be sold anytime over thee next fifteen months. It's not a mountain of stock, just a molehill. ;)

Nope, doesn't work that way. Let's say Arison wants to get 38 1/2 for his shares.

As a buyer, I may be willing to buy the shares, but not at 38 1/2. Maybe, I'm willing to pay 37.

With a huge number of shares being offered, the price will tend to drop due to supply and demand.

Oops, missed 9:30 stock opening!

I have to agree with you but then again let's get back to this circle. Arison sells 10,000,000 shares at $30.00 a share (not the $38 1/2). Every one sees the dramatic price decrease and thinks "I can buy this $38.50 share for $30.00 so why don't I buy 10,000,000 shares." The question is: "Is or was a Carnival share ever worth $38.50. Only time will tell. One thing for sure. Your Broker will tell some to sell at $30.00 and then a week later, he will tell others to buy at the $30. Hence the circle and the success of the Stock market.

I'm happy that our room steward call now call himself an Executive.;)

I agree that selling for estate planning and tax purposes don'r really count but 'diversification' can be a red flag. Is he planning to invest in Royal Caribbean or NCL, - not a good sign. :eek: Or is he investing in T-Bills or other lower risk stuff to offset the cyclical nature of the Carnival investment? Or is he planning a big off season free agent signing binge - not a good sign if you're not a Miami Heat fan!

In the end it's only about 5% of his holdings in Carnival and 5 million got sold last Friday already. The other 5 million can be sold anytime over thee next fifteen months. It's not a mountain of stock, just a molehill. ;)

well I don't think your room steward has to file a public disclosure on his share movements...but then..maybe he has enough shares to warrant it ...:D