Touring Halong Bay and Ho Chi Minh City

Keith1010

We just completed two private tours of these areas and thought they both were extraordinary.

The first tour was Halong Bay and this is the second time we have visited this area by Junk Boat. We made the arrangements through the tour company who we booked our Ho Chi Minh Tour with and they utilized a colleague for the Halong Bay Tour.

We were in the same size Junk Boat that we were in two years earlier through the cruise line and rather than having 30 or more people on that ship, there were only 4 of us with a crew of 4 people including the tour guide. This made it very easy to see the views inside and up top outside and from side to side and unlike say a cruise line tour on our private tour we went into one of the largest caves for about 45 minutes. Everything was great and they met us at the tender pier (driver and tour guide) and drove us the 8 minute drive to where we picked up a small boat (could still hold 10 people easy) for a short drive over to the Junk Boat. Our tour was supposed to include what I thought was a snack and we had a seven course meal.

Most recently we completed a tour of Ho Chi Minh City and this was our third time there. Our tour was outstanding and we saw places that we have been to before (we wanted to do that) and we also saw some places for the very first time. Our tour guides was outstanding. He did a terrific job of answering each and every one of our questions, of getting us to the sites in a very logical order (for example we visited the Chinese Temple first before most tourists got there), would point out the perfect spots for picture taking including locals to get on camera, was very kind and courteous and knowledgable, and was very flexible in allowing us not only to change some things up during the tour but to also add in another site we wanted to see in lieu of another site.

If you have additional questions, please let me know.

Keith

We just completed two private tours of these areas and thought they both were extraordinary.

The first tour was Halong Bay and this is the second time we have visited this area by Junk Boat. We made the arrangements through the tour company who we booked our Ho Chi Minh Tour with and they utilized a colleague for the Halong Bay Tour.

We were in the same size Junk Boat that we were in two years earlier through the cruise line and rather than having 30 or more people on that ship, there were only 4 of us with a crew of 4 people including the tour guide. This made it very easy to see the views inside and up top outside and from side to side and unlike say a cruise line tour on our private tour we went into one of the largest caves for about 45 minutes. Everything was great and they met us at the tender pier (driver and tour guide) and drove us the 8 minute drive to where we picked up a small boat (could still hold 10 people easy) for a short drive over to the Junk Boat. Our tour was supposed to include what I thought was a snack and we had a seven course meal.

Most recently we completed a tour of Ho Chi Minh City and this was our third time there. Our tour was outstanding and we saw places that we have been to before (we wanted to do that) and we also saw some places for the very first time. Our tour guides was outstanding. He did a terrific job of answering each and every one of our questions, of getting us to the sites in a very logical order (for example we visited the Chinese Temple first before most tourists got there), would point out the perfect spots for picture taking including locals to get on camera, was very kind and courteous and knowledgable, and was very flexible in allowing us not only to change some things up during the tour but to also add in another site we wanted to see in lieu of another site.

Keith

Hi, Keith I am on a cruise with Celebrity next year and would like to get your guide info and how to contact them. We will be in HCM City and Halong Bay also. Jimksact at aol dot com

Thanks, Evelyn

Need name & how you contacted this company. Thanks,h

Keith

We are on Celebrity Millenium 's December 21 sailing from HongKong to Singapore,

Looking for 3 couples / 6. People to join us on this Halong Bay tour ?

The Roll Call for the Dec 21 cruise we are on is very quiet, so I thought I would post the details here, too.

Interested - please email me at

Gawst999 at Mac dot com

Thanks

Graham:)

Ha Long Bay

Pick up at Halong pier to board a 04 hours private boat trip to enjoy the beauty of Halong with: Thien Cung grotto, Dau Go Cave, Dinh Huong, Ga Choi Islet which are crammed with stalactites and stalagmites. There are numerous rocks and islands, which are predominantly composed of hardened dolomite together with smaller amounts of calcium carbonate. Fresh seafood is served on boat. After lunch, disembark and end tour at Halong pier.

Per person quotation for group of 2 is US$ 170

For group of 8 per person quotation is US$91

Inclusive services : Boat, Guide, Transfer, Lunch

We are on Celebrity Millenium 's December 21 sailing from HongKong to Singapore,

The Roll Call for the Dec 21 cruise we are on is very quiet, so I thought I would post the details here, too.

Gawst999 at Mac dot com

Thanks

Ha Long Bay

Pick up at Halong pier to board a 04 hours private boat trip to enjoy the beauty of Halong with: Thien Cung grotto, Dau Go Cave, Dinh Huong, Ga Choi Islet which are crammed with stalactites and stalagmites. There are numerous rocks and islands, which are predominantly composed of hardened dolomite together with smaller amounts of calcium carbonate. Fresh seafood is served on boat. After lunch, disembark and end tour at Halong pier.

Per cruise critic rules the only place to post information about sharing at tour is your roll call. :)

Keith

Keith

Hi Keith, do you recall the name of the tour company you used? It would really help out. The tours I saw on line were quite expensive, much more than the ship's tours. You can email me at: joshienana@hotmail.com. Thanks, Arleen

Hi Arleen,

If you need to proceed the Vietnam visa through an agent, this link would be help: http://vietvisa.ca/index.php/vietnam-visa. You don't need to send the passport, and you can apply on-line. Good luck!

We'll be cruising and have been told we can get the Viet Nam visa on the ship for $40.

I thank you for the information.

Arleen

Most cruise lines obtain the visa on the ship. I would see if that is the case and if so do it that way and not on your own.

Keith

Keith, you have been most helpful. I appreciate you sharing your tour information. I have received several replies from different tour companies in Viet Nam and will compare them all seeing what they have to offer including the one you recommended.

I thank you again.

Arleen :)

• 1 month later...
Keith, you have been most helpful. I appreciate you sharing your tour information.

Arleen :)

Thanks Keith 1010, for sharing the info with all of us. Arleen, after you do your research would you mind sharing the info with us on CC? We are on Celebrity Millennium December 7, 2014 sailing. Just signed up and am now doing my homework. We are over-nighting in Hanoi and arrive at 1 pm so would like to get to Ha Long Bay with a stay over-night returning the next day as our cruise doesn't sail until 10 pm.

If anyone has any options to do the above, please chime in.

Gawst999 at Mac dot com

Thanks

Ha Long Bay

Hi Graham - could you please send me an email so I can contact your tour guide. cruiztime at yahoo dot com

We will be on Millie next year and I am trying to get our tours planned. Thanks ..... Marion

Hi Keith

My husband and I are on Azamara Quest tour 1/5/15 and we have never been to Vietnam. Your private tours sounded great. Would appreciate your tour guide contact info for Halong Bay and Ho Chi Minh City. If you would, kindly email lorene1@aol.com?

Thanks much! Lori

Hi Keith

My husband and I are on Azamara Quest tour 1/5/15 and we have never been to Vietnam. Your private tours sounded great. Would appreciate your tour guide contact info for Halong Bay and Ho Chi Minh City. If you would, kindly email lorene1@aol.com?

Thanks much! Lori

Hi Lori:

Have you criuised on Azamara before? I love Azamara and because the ship is so small they can get into poorts closer to the main cities than the Celebrity ships can. You will have a womderful experience.

Msrion

Hi Keith

Thanks much! Lori

Lori, e mail sent.

Keith