Oasis - Feb 22nd sailing - short review

Hi all, just got back from the Feb 22nd sailing on the Oasis. We have sailed 6 times on Princess and this was our second on RCCL. First cruise on RCCL was on Indy.

Embarkation - Flawless and well organized, on ship by 11:30

Main Dining Room - Excellent food and never had to wait for a table - we did my time dining

Buffet - typical buffet food: saucy, salty and luke warm, edible - to be expected IMO

Chops - Excellent

Balcony Room - small but adequate and clean

Entertainment - all excellent, did comedy & aqua show and come fly with me

Promenade - Great place to people watch, great service at Globe & Atlas Pub

Formal Nights - absolutely hillarious to watch people dressed in there formal clothes prance up and down the Promenade like their s*#t dont stink - not all but most

Pool - If you want to sit up on the top deck and watch the pool games be prepared to smoke about 3 packs of cigarettes even if you dont smoke.

Disembarkation - took the late exit and thought all the chaos would be over, wasnt overly impressed with the crowds, seemed much quicker and easier on the smaller ships.

Overall a very good cruise and the food was fantastic. Never felt crowded or had to wait for a lounger or place to sit considering the number of people on the ship. We definately like the smaller ships (Freedom class) better as they seem to have a more personal feel. We wanted to do the big ship and glad we did, it is an engineering marvel.

Forgot to mention, If Oasis is new to you be sure to reserve shows well in advance. We never had to do this on any of our other cruises. Especially comedy show, venue is very small. Cheers

Forgot to mention, If Oasis is new to you be sure to reserve shows well in advance. We never had to do this on any of our other cruises. Especially comedy show, venue is very small. Cheers

Do you know how far in advance the shows can be booked?

Formal Nights - absolutely hillarious to watch people dressed in there formal clothes prance up and down the Promenade like their s*#t dont stink - not all but most

Interesting comment....can you describe this 'prance?'

We tried to reserve about a month and half in advance and there was very little still available. Sometimes you can book when you first board at Studio B if spots are still available but no guarantees.

Thanks for your review. I always like to read what others think of their sailings.

We were also on this cruise. Love the Oasis and it was our second time on it. Food is subjective, but we didn't have the same experience as the op in the dining room. We thought it was sub-par this time. We ate there three times and luckily had booked the specialty restaurants for the other nights. We agree with the op that Chops was outstanding!! Best service was at Chops and the Solarium Bistro came in a close second.

As for formal night, guess we didn't notice any prancing and I know we sure aren't prancers. :) However, I would say 85% participated in formal night.

Great cruise! Looking forward to the Quantum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app