Some GF info about Mongolian wok

kajasmin

GF soy sauce in of itself is new to me. Although I have heard theories that the fermentation of the soy sauce actually kills the harmful gluten properties. Might explain why I can tolerate it a lot better than other stuff (altho its pretty salty so I sometimes skip it anyway). Drs and scientists are looking more into the fermentation theory. Asian food can be tricky to find GF. I'm glad I have more of a sensitivity than an all out allergy. Happy digestional battle fighting!

If you are replying to me, yes, I know what the first or second ingredient of soy sauce is. I haven't personally come across wheat-free soy sauce so far, so that's why I said GF soy sauce was new to me (and therefore I'm not surprised that CCL didn't have it, I haven't seen it either.) I also was just saying that there is some discussion regarding the fact that the fermentation process of soy sauce renders the harmful gluten protein harmless, even if the first ingredient is wheat. This is a theory in the works though.

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

Contacted Special Needs- Mongolian Wok does not have GF soy sauce. :( I had asked before and since I thought someone might like to know... decided to post.

The soy sauce on Fascination last weekend at Mongolian Wok was Kikkoman's. You could carry your own onboard if you must have soy sauce.

The soy sauce on Fascination last weekend at Mongolian Wok was Kikkoman's. You could carry your own onboard if you must have soy sauce.

Its not that I need soy sauce. The mongolian wok cooks their items in sauce and it has soy sauce in them. As a Celiac I can't have that cross contamination even if I did bring my own. :(

The MDR does have gf soy sauce they use for menu items.

Its not that I need soy sauce. The mongolian wok cooks their items in sauce and it has soy sauce in them. As a Celiac I can't have that cross contamination even if I did bring my own. :(

The MDR does have gf soy sauce they use for menu items.

Celiac here as well. On Lido, find someone in a white uniform. Explain to them that you need gluten free and you would like Mongolian Wok. They will make it happen :p Of course, it will not have sauces or anything on it, but it's good nonetheless. I usually get rice noodles and vegetables and I've never *knock on wood* gotten ill!

Edited by iamsteph

Something else about the Mongolian Wok that's really great: there's almost zero chance of cross-contamination...or getting the previous person's hot sauce in your order. :)

This is because, on Liberty anyway, the cooks used individual woks for each person's stir-fry, and as soon as each order was finished cooking the wok was rushed to the back, washed thoroughly and rinsed. They were working like DEMONS to keep a steady supply of cleaned woks flowing back to the cooks. I was very impressed, because shore-side stir-fry restaurants don't typically go to those lengths to clean their grills.

Something else about the Mongolian Wok that's really great: there's almost zero chance of cross-contamination...or getting the previous person's hot sauce in your order. :)

This is because, on Liberty anyway, the cooks used individual woks for each person's stir-fry, and as soon as each order was finished cooking the wok was rushed to the back, washed thoroughly and rinsed. They were working like DEMONS to keep a steady supply of cleaned woks flowing back to the cooks. I was very impressed, because shore-side stir-fry restaurants don't typically go to those lengths to clean their grills.

The Wok is my favorite for Lunch....

On the Fascination they also wash the woks after

each order.........

Wow..I would like the wok too sometime and this clean level impresses me...i have heard unfair rumors about getting sick from food staying out too long there I think..I am sure accidents happen..but this makes me happy...sounds like they are very careful to keep fresh...hope GF can bring her tamraind and enjoy...

Celiac here as well. On Lido, find someone in a white uniform. Explain to them that you need gluten free and you would like Mongolian Wok. They will make it happen :p Of course, it will not have sauces or anything on it, but it's good nonetheless. I usually get rice noodles and vegetables and I've never *knock on wood* gotten ill!

Yes a person in White..........

The Lido has a Maitre'D............

On the Fascination I made friends with the Lido Maitre D.....

Edited by BARBARA J.W.