.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Ol' Ragnar grew up in the north east (of US), can't imagine living in the snow again when there are places like SoCal where it is in the 70s in January...

Here is SoCal in Jan, as seen from ol' Ragnars recliner. No more shoveling snow for ol' Ragnar.

Gotta go, have to check the supplies in my earthquake/brush fire survival kit :eek:

image.jpg.02507133139781ef76c9b70e774e66e2.jpg

Seabourn Spirit

You could say Seabourn Spirit is a pretty looking ship as we tied up in front of her in Bridgetown, Barbados this morning.

HH was told it is the last of the small Seabourn vessels to be sold to Windstar later this year.

The view is that it has declined in standards in recent years. HH cannot confirm or deny this, having never been on it but that is the "word on the street" (or should that be the deck).

And then it "farted" ! Out came this thick black smoke ! Yuk ! OK a little later it stopped but that goy old HH wondering, did the new owners get a guy to check the engine, clutch, brake pedal, exhaust and all other relevant parts ?

If it were HH it would be sent straight back to the garage that sold it.

"Hey get this fixed and throw in a set of new tyres" (or whatever the nautical equivalent is).

HH doesn't think if he ever cHeated on SD it would be with Europa 2 as one suspects it lacks soul.....HHH needs.

Perfection is not all that !

Yes its a sure pretty ship.

How many passengers ? 200

Another issue with mechanical problems and chums of HH will be looking around for alternatives. Of course the 25% offer from shoreside management and the mechanical repairs which seem to be holding up have quelled grumbles (for now) but is there a real alternative ?

And lo and behold, blondie's been on it many years ago with a girlfriend.

Yes great cabins but the outside space and pool is dreadful and no real outside dining. What !

So a no go then ? Definitely not !

image.jpg.8c8ad6275ea8bfaabe2e363afa36375a.jpg

Ol' Ragnar grew up in the north east (of US), can't imagine living in the snow again when there are places like SoCal where it is in the 70s in January...

Here is SoCal in Jan, as seen from ol' Ragnars recliner. No more shoveling snow for ol' Ragnar.

Gotta go, have to check the supplies in my earthquake/brush fire survival kit :eek:

OMG !!!

Raggy it's amazing !

70 in January you say

IPA beer in the fridge too

Not far away from Butch either.

Big dog.

..mmmmmmmm

The internet to-day has a veritable spring in it's step, an enthusiastic meet the day approach.

Why so ?

New Communications Officer joined yesterday.

A tweek here, a tweek there, blowing out the cobwebs at the back of the "gubbins" and voila......a zippy-do-dah service.

Edited by ho-hum

Sunday......and it must be Bequia.

What for Sunday lunch ?

Traditional lobster pizza at Max's Pizzaria of course with a few cold beers, naturally.

65 Club Members this week: 26 stayed on from last week.

New arrivals bring a new energy......lot of fun at "sail away" last night meeting up with old chums.....well you know what it's like.

The sea out of Barbados was not "choppy" at all and the wind has died to a gentle breeze thus feeling a low humidity now.

And this morning at 7.30am it is partially cloudy and heating up.

Have a nice Sunday wherever you are.....wrap up if it's still cold where you are.

Lets see how good the internet is in downloading a photo of approach to Bequia taken a moment ago.

90 secs......oh sorry it's upside down ! You would have thought by now, HH would have learned. But sorry will have to sends as battery is at 5% !

image.jpg.54db172c49c008a5e11cc0d7b868f72e.jpg

Saw in this post that this week they had 65 people on board and of that 26 stayed on for second week. what kind of deal does SD give people on board to entice them to stay for another week?

We've had 7 cruises before with SD, never looked into 2nd week deal.

We have cruise in 2 weeks, was just giving it a thought Maybe get good bargain for that 2nd week if SD I is low on people.

Getting that Sea Dream itch.......Hope internet keeps up !!

Thank You

Saw in this post that this week they had 65 people on board and of that 26 stayed on for second week. what kind of deal does SD give people on board to entice them to stay for another week?

We have cruise in 2 weeks, was just giving it a thought Maybe get good bargain for that 2nd week if SD I is low on people.

Thank You

I think what h-h was saying is that 65 of the passengers on board are Club members (i.e. prior cruisers). I'm certain that there are more passengers on board than that.

SD offers a discount (10%, if I'm not mistaken) for the 2nd and subsequent weeks for cruises booked back to back.

Thank You

Yes ctbjr 1309 is quite correct.

The 65 Club Members alluded to are also referred to as "repeaters": those that have done more than one voyage.

In fact there are some 96-ish passengers on the current voyage out of a capacity of 113.

Without checking with the "boss", there is a 10% discount for one voyage after another (known as a "back to back"), again as ctbjr1309 advises but there is also an additional 15% if it is booked onboard.....not bad eh !

Ho Hum,

Do you have a stop on my Beautiful island of St.Lucia this week?

No Kathy, we did St.Lucia last week.

This week it's: Barbados - Bequia - Dominica - Iles de Saintes - Nevis - St. Barts - Jost van Dyke - St.Thomas

Guest Comment Card & Scores for last week

1. Yacht Embarkation: 7.5

2. Stateroom Appointments: 7.5

3. Stateroom Stewardesses: 10***

4. Cuisine: 10*****

5. Restaurant Services: 10*****

6. Bar Services & Sommelier: 10****

7. Concierge / Reception & Shop: 10

8. Onboard Recreation: 9

9. Shoreside Activities: 9

10. Ports of Call: 8

11. Spa Services: 10

12. Overall Appearance of the Yacht: 8

13. Overall Impression of your Voyage: 9

Comments

Hotel Manager: Christophe Cornu is exceptional (again).

Captain Willassen had a trying week seeking benign waters and good weather which he handled extremely well.

Very strong teams throughout ship catering to 85 Club Members.

Club Director (Hayden) & Activities Director (Michelle) very impressive, hard working and both immensely personable.

Goran (waiter): incredible.

HH,

What made #1... 7.5 just curious!? 😉

1. No map identifying port position relative to roads and port layout itself. Have ended up in wrong ports before and have been given wrong port addresses before ! Much clearer port arrival instructions needed. Its Sloppy by shoreside management.

2. Broke wheel off case and lost it (wheel that is).

3. Slight Delay in obtaining bags to room. Just want to get un-packed ASAP.

4. Passengers Offered sparkling wine on arrival (although never ourselves) still it is a poor show.

5. Nauseating television Sea Dream promo on tv (they forgot to turn it off on our arrival: usually it is not on).

6. No protection from elements on arrival and departure.

7. Industrial gangway: could be embarking on the Mersey ferry to chemical works off the Wirral, Liverpool.

8. Lacklustre arrival and departure.

9. Queue on processing.

10. Silly medical questionnaire. Do you have Ebola ? Sorry sir, your leg fell off. On arrival the crew have severe colds, so you need protecting from them ! Just covering backside procedure. If they really meant it, then brief "look" at passenger. Anyway no prior health guidance in welcome pack.

11. No sanitary hand cleaning stations on arrival and no advice given at first night reception. Would want better referral to hand cleaning especially when children are onboard.

12. Nothing has changed over the years to improve the process except Captain is in attendance to wish guests adieu, so why ask the question if nothing is done to improve the process ! We really want your feedback. Oh no you dont !

Yes HH is quite a stickler is'nt he ?

So 7.5 is more than fair if you consider just a few of the points are valid. Maybe it should be even lower ?

Very high scores for most of the Guest Comment Card apply thereafter the main failings relate to shoreside management's performance not shipside crew....who do their very best, as always.

H H,

I am glad I asked!!...especially since you bring up the detail about hand sanitizers...children and food stations= gross!

10, made me laugh out loud!! Haha! But in all seriousness! you definitely make a good point...you should make sure they get these things in order before our Feb 14th date please!:eek: