.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Jose is one of my favorite SeaDream folks. He is one reason SeaDream is so special.

Well its been a while knotsheadusc: the lady famous for her "I'm gonna cheat on Sea Dream just once" fame !

Have you done any river cruises now you are Germany based again ?

That's not really cheating merely an innocent "dalliance".

Kindest regards from ALL that "hang out" here on a wet Wednesday afternoon or similar.

We miss your observations and commentary.

Looks like a good one, but we have been to all those islands, and Mrs D is adamant about the southern Caribbean :o

Quite understand old chap and Jim's suggestion does look very interesting.

Good luck old friend.

If you do it, tell us all about it (new Windstar, islands, life !)

And then later HH discovered Azamara have a "Chief Blogging Officer" !

How impressive is that ? And they give great advice and try to sort out problems.

For example read this:

"Hello Goorawin,

I have communicated with the Market Lead for Australia, explaining your unhappiness. Her name is Clarissa Williams. Please send her an email at cruiseadmin.au@rcclapac.com, mark it attention Clarissa Williams, and please mention you have posted on Cruise Critic. She will let me know when she's heard from you.

On behalf of all us, I apologize for your frustrations. Hopefully it will be cleared up soon.

B.rgds,

Bonnie

Bonnie MacLaird

Chief Blogging Officer

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)"

Now compare that to Sea Dream's performance. No competition is there.

Now that is some name is it not? Imagine the scene...

"What does my little gorgeous Bonnie want to do when you grow up to be a beautiful young lady?" asked her doting mother.

"Chief Blogging Officer of a cruise company that has shiny big boats, listening avidly to our customers so I can really rub the noses in the dirt of that pesky SeaDream mob".

"Oh Bonnie, you are so clever, I am sure you will go far".

"Yeah, especially free cruises to sunny places!"

Will SeaDream be spared from the blogging MacLaird?

"What does my little gorgeous Bonnie want to do when you grow up to be a beautiful young lady?" asked her doting mother.

"Chief Blogging Officer of a cruise company that has shiny big boats, listening avidly to our customers so I can really rub the noses in the dirt of that pesky SeaDream mob".

Will SeaDream be spared from the blogging MacLaird?[/quote

Sorry, image did not post.

Edited by Jim Avery

Will SeaDream be spared from the blogging MacLaird?

Oh shame on you MACT !

Every line dripping with sarcasm ....... sooo delicious !

Love it !

Haha

Oh deep joy !

- Porsche breaks down

- nasty sound from Jeep's axle

- running machine STOPS

- power to washing machine dies

- wifi, dont ask

- visitor over weekend who drinks and eats 24/7 (but love him)

- Blondie's crown cracks (no the one in her teeth, silly !)

- to sort this out, to sort that out

- swimming pool leaking

- pond leaking

- Sea Dream management "demanding" to know why HH does'nt love 'em

- Reservations Department "screw up" again and again and again

Drinking a very lovely Amarone de Valpolicella ........ and relax.

Oh and it's another beautiful day.......Spring has sprung ........ Big Life is here.

Rejoice

And we sail on SD soon for the xing ........ With 42 other souls (other souls HH said ! Really what's got into you today ?).

And we sail on SD soon for the xing ........ With 42 other souls (other souls HH said ! Really what's got into you today ?).

The keyword again for gcmv: "SOUL" - next try to convince ho-hum ... :D

Btw. gcmv can't believe that a Porsche broke down. ;)

The keyword again for gcmv: "SOUL" - next try to convince ho-hum ... :D

Btw. gcmv can't believe that a Porsche broke down. ;)

Mmmmmmmm......yes a beautiful video, thanks you "tempter you !"

Just saying there is a 5 day "Taster Cruise" in late May, 2015: Hamburg to Portsmouth.

http://www.cruiseline.co.uk/cruise/view/153914

Just maybe..........

Are you on commission or something ?

The Porsche's sophisticated braking system is the culprit but ordinary brakes work.

Did'nt hear from you over Easter MACT.

Suppose there was no wifi in the vaults at Hatton Garden.

Mum's the word !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3029066/Robbery-gang-use-heavy-cutting-equipment-break-vault-Hatton-Garden-jewellery-district-steal-300-safety-deposit-boxes.html

Keep it schtoom or Blondie will not be as "sparkling and dazzling" on the crossing as your order specified.

Oh Mr Hum..."Amarone de Valpolicella"... how very decadent for early April. Uncork, pour and let the troubles of the world drift away.

Edited by MACT

Having just awoken from a chocolate induced Easter stupor and still trying to comfort the young ones after they were force fed “chicken” which apparently had four legs (just trying to be useful and reduce the proliferation of bunnies this time of year…very tasty indeed, just like chicken I hear you cry) what adds to the sheer madness at this time of year but…

Yikes, our glorious mother country, the creator of modern civilisation, the platform for which so many others built their own burgeoning democracies, the power of good over evil, the caring shoulder (oh get on with it…Ed) has, wait for it…no government!

No government?!? (some would suggest that there has been no governing for the last five years…!). How on earth is Great Britain, that cradle of democracy going to survive? For the next month, no new laws will be past, no new Commissions set up to investigate the very same so called problem as the previous one that took many years to complete to the tune of millions of pounds, not even any useful reviews of previous reviews of reviews?

Bejesus…how on earth will the common man survive?

News squeaks out from a well-placed cheese munching source located behind the skirting at the Palace that Queen Betty is getting rather peeved (“bloody hell, it’s all Greek to me” exclaimed Prince Philiabilitious) that no political party appears to be on the road to No. 10. So much so that the nation's dearest great grandma has hatched a cunning plan, corgi under each arm, to march down the Mall and take residence in that roomy Downing Street flat on the top floor, the one with the mock Tudor wallpaper, and rule over this green and pleasant land herself. Well, if her namesake Lizzi 1 did it then why can’t she? Okay, no beheadings, we’ll leave that to those who wear black tea towels on their heads.

In the meantime, it’s dawning of the tin hats and take cover for the next month. Roll on 8TH May when there will be dancing in the streets to mark VE Day. Seventy years ago peace broke out. Fat chance this year.

Mmmmmmmm......yes a beautiful video, thanks you "tempter you !"

Just saying there is a 5 day "Taster Cruise" in late May, 2015: Hamburg to Portsmouth.

http://www.cruiseline.co.uk/cruise/view/153914

Just maybe..........

Are you on commission or something ?

The Porsche's sophisticated braking system is the culprit but ordinary brakes work.

Lovely 5-day-tester to connect the heart and souls of Germany and England - especially created for ho-hum and blondie (as requested a few weeks ago) by the owner of the vessel. (He is German and his nickname is g..v). :D

When gcmv drives Porsche he never ever needs brakes ... ;)

It’s true, cancel austerity, because Britain will soon be rich, rich, rich!

No more begging in the street for the few pennies that the philanthropic Mr Hum casts towards the crabbit old woman and her family of twenty five scrawny urchins “Oh may the Lord be with you, your gracious Sir, the dog can keep its one leg, it’s a proper roast for us tonight”.

What brings this outpouring of nouveau rich joy? Oil has been struck, that is right…black gold…Texas T!!! Millions, nay, billions of barrels of the lovely sticky black stuff!!

And guess where the gushers are spurting? Right in the middle of “JR” Hum’s estate!!! There is a vast lake of liquid gold that has just been confirmed found beneath the posh part of Britain.

CEO’s from Shell, BP, you name it, they are queuing up at the gates of "JR's" estate waiting for their five minute audience with the oil baron. The Chancellor has been on the phone but they’re engaged, engaged, engaged…he wants to do a deal on drilling licences. Just think what this could mean…perhaps a continuous SeaDream charter by the newest oil baron in town. I reckon we should start applying now for all those lovely jobs soon to be available on his ranch. Dare I say, the perks of the job could be very rewarding.

Lovely 5-day-tester to connect the heart and souls of Germany and England - especially created for ho-hum and blondie (as requested a few weeks ago) by the owner of the vessel. (He is German and his nickname is g..v). :D

When gcmv drives Porsche he never ever needs brakes ... ;)

Damnation !

Cannot go !

A chum recently married in Oz and is having a celebration at a local gastro-pub on the commencement date of Europa 2's voyage !

Next year.

It’s true, cancel austerity, because Britain will soon be rich, rich, rich!

No more begging in the street for the few pennies that the philanthropic Mr Hum casts towards the crabbit old woman and her family of twenty five scrawny urchins “Oh may the Lord be with you, your gracious Sir, the dog can keep its one leg, it’s a proper roast for us tonight”.

What brings this outpouring of nouveau rich joy? Oil has been struck, that is right…black gold…Texas T!!! Millions, nay, billions of barrels of the lovely sticky black stuff!!

And guess where the gushers are spurting? Right in the middle of “JR” Hum’s estate!!! There is a vast lake of liquid gold that has just been confirmed found beneath the posh part of Britain.

CEO’s from Shell, BP, you name it, they are queuing up at the gates of "JR's" estate waiting for their five minute audience with the oil baron. The Chancellor has been on the phone but they’re engaged, engaged, engaged…he wants to do a deal on drilling licences. Just think what this could mean…perhaps a continuous SeaDream charter by the newest oil baron in town. I reckon we should start applying now for all those lovely jobs soon to be available on his ranch. Dare I say, the perks of the job could be very rewarding.

Yes tis true.....billions of barrels of oil under Ho Hum's feet but you know it wont be easy to get to the vast deposits ...oh no ..... first we have to dig through the diamond vein and lo and behold after that is the gold to get through.

It will take two years to get down to the actual oil by which time oil prices will be up to $120 a barrel but as "our" oil is posher than common oil, we could receive a premium price !

And if HH were ever to benefit from this boon then of course he would share it with you ALL, even ol Cabbie !

A life without chums ! Yikes !

Life is pretty good now that Spring has started to appear.

If HH were to spend a little bit on himself then it would be on traditional English handmade, brown shoes and his tipple would be from further up the slopes of Montrachet.

HH is a simple guy........oh and a jet.....and a helicopter to take HH to the airport where the jet is kept.

Well HH is not one to gossip...."heavens forbid" ...but one of our dearest pisters (French for "posters") is in the South of France !

Yes....and where is he staying ?

The Chateau de Chevre d'Or !

Oh my !

I hear that the South of France is lovely this time of year. Of course, now that the word is out via idle jottings I would imagine that the Chateau de Chevre d'Or must be overrun with paparazzi by now. Heaven forbid, indeed!

Having just awoken from a chocolate induced Easter stupor and still trying to comfort the young ones after they were force fed “chicken” which apparently had four legs (just trying to be useful and reduce the proliferation of bunnies this time of year…very tasty indeed, just like chicken I hear you cry) what adds to the sheer madness at this time of year but…

Yikes, our glorious mother country, the creator of modern civilisation, the platform for which so many others built their own burgeoning democracies, the power of good over evil, the caring shoulder (oh get on with it…Ed) has, wait for it…no government!

No government?!? (some would suggest that there has been no governing for the last five years…!). How on earth is Great Britain, that cradle of democracy going to survive? For the next month, no new laws will be past, no new Commissions set up to investigate the very same so called problem as the previous one that took many years to complete to the tune of millions of pounds, not even any useful reviews of previous reviews of reviews?

Bejesus…how on earth will the common man survive?

News squeaks out from a well-placed cheese munching source located behind the skirting at the Palace that Queen Betty is getting rather peeved (“bloody hell, it’s all Greek to me” exclaimed Prince Philiabilitious) that no political party appears to be on the road to No. 10. So much so that the nation's dearest great grandma has hatched a cunning plan, corgi under each arm, to march down the Mall and take residence in that roomy Downing Street flat on the top floor, the one with the mock Tudor wallpaper, and rule over this green and pleasant land herself. Well, if her namesake Lizzi 1 did it then why can’t she? Okay, no beheadings, we’ll leave that to those who wear black tea towels on their heads.

In the meantime, it’s dawning of the tin hats and take cover for the next month. Roll on 8TH May when there will be dancing in the streets to mark VE Day. Seventy years ago peace broke out. Fat chance this year.

Yes tis interesting times in our "fair and pleasant land".

Soon our great country (clues in the name Jimbo; GREAT Britain) will be deciding which Churchillian wannabe will be running the "shop".

Great Britain.......yeah right ! (As dear CC would say) is beginning the process of deciding whether to re-elect the "toffs" or elect the "oiks".

It is currently neck and neck with the added interest of a few other parties: "the loonies", "the wets", "the closet fascists", "the boyos from the Valleys" and the "fried Mars bar brigade"

Thankfully HH will be on the crossing for most of it.

HH alternates between fascist dictator to utopian benefactor and everything in between, so you see HH is not a "political animal".

Each have one or two good points but would'nt invite any to dinner !

Maybe the "closet fascist" but he's more of a "pint" man (certainly will not be pouring a Burgundy for "Essex boy with the fur collar".

Doesnt he have a mirror in his hallway ?

Obviously not !

Best comment about him was he is a "Pound shop Enoch Powell" (sorry to non-Brits).

These wannabes are truly dreadful and the "oik's" leader is really cringeworthy: he makes Mr.Bean look smart.

No the only one who passes off as "normal" is Miss Haggis but her policy seems to be spend, spend, spend ! So maybe not so normal.

We see these buffoons "wooing" the voters in all sorts of daft situations that simply prove how dis-connected they are from the ordinary British voter.

Even eating a burger proves beyond them.

Small mercies though, at least we dont have politicians advocating right to carry guns and upholding the religious beliefs of the "totally un-hinged".

Can you imagine a gun dealer refusing to serve a gay person a gun 'cos it's against their religious belief !

The frigging irony !

It could be worse, the current French set up is causing their economy to implode and what do the garlic eating peasants do ?

Yes strike !

You know it's Easter 'cos French air traffic controllers go on strike...protesting at not being allowed to take long leisurely lunches, no doubt (yes two bottles is pushing it).

Or the Italians, well at least they got shot of "Bunga Bunga Berlusconi" (what's "bunga bunga" ? Sorry CC rules do not allow HH to say any more).

But Italians love the creep !

And the Greeks !

What a "shower" !

Well at least they paid $450 million to the IMF but they found foreign money and bottle tops in the bag too and a half eaten kebab !

Well at least it's something.

They have more to pay unfortunately and will be doing so for the next 100 years.

The Greeks have requested certain relaxations and have suggested improvements to their system.

Now wait for this......they are going to collect tax from their people !

Wow !

Yes that's right.......they dont pay tax !

Extraordinary.

And it was the Germans who waived them through into entry into the European Union.

Yes the Germans !

The standard of oratory in the Chamber (Parliament) has truly worsened over the years ever since Blair and his "sound bites", though it was a great politician representing the "oiks" who said of one of the "toff's" politician:

"He's living proof that a pig's bladder on the end of a stick can be elected to Parliament."

No, none of this "shower" are Statesmen or have the "common touch" unlike dear ol Winnie.

So for your pleasure are two of some of his best come backs:

Playwright George Bernard Shaw invited Winston Churchill to the first night of his newest play, enclosing two tickets:

"One for yourself and one for a friend – if you have one."

Churchill wrote back, saying he couldn't make it, but could he have tickets for the second night – "if there is one."

The conservative Winston Churchill was often at odds with Clement Attlee, leader of the Labor Party, which advocated a greater role for government in economic policy. Churchill once entered a men's room to find Attlee standing at the urinal. Churchill took a position at the other end of the trough.

"Feeling standoffish today, are we, Winston?" Attlee asked.

"That's right," Churchill responded.

"Every time you see something big, you want to nationalize it."