.......idle jottings

ho-hum

While the UK is still in lock down serious mode about electing some 650 empty heads to the funny farm, we in the real world are still being exposed to the seemingly unrelenting barrage of quite the most barking mad happenings.

Later Farmer Barleymow commented that ever since Don sold his Ferrari F340 he has been itching to get back out on the open road. Perhaps Barleymow should buy him some flee powder instead.

My God man, you started early, obviously not a "dry day".....dogs driving tractors ehhh ..... was that before the pink elephant or after ?

Pull yourself together man.......ladies of fine sensibilities read this !

Raggy, you share something with our 1st World War, British Prime Minister, Lloyd George.

He too was quoted about:

"He couldn't see a belt without hitting below it"

Margot Asquith

And to borrow a phrase from the John Wayne film, Rio Bravo

"Hey Sundance, how do you like them apples ?"

Haha

Day 6 and still no crossing blog !

The format is all set up, it's ready to go, just needs refreshing...... whoever is responsible in Oslo needs ......... !

Maybe Hum is right all along about shoreside management, if this is an example.

This morning (14 April, 2015) there is quite a moderate southerly swell (1-4m) but the surface is sooo smooth with very little wind and blue skies.

image.jpg.d9d0567692508ac798511faec78124be.jpg

My God man, you started early, obviously not a "dry day".....dogs driving tractors ehhh ..... was that before the pink elephant or after ?

Pull yourself together man.......ladies of fine sensibilities read this !

Mr Hum...whilst your on the high seas, just ensuring you are up to date with the most earth shattering headline news.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/don-sheepdog-runaway-vehicle-traffic-scare-scotland/

It is so ridiculous it always had to be true!

HH,

Beautiful Picture!!!...trying convince my better half to experience a crossing for the first time...don't think it will happen...? If there's no golf course being towed behind the Yacht he wants nothing to do with it! Hahaha!

Oh! Well!...there's always Venice in July! 😉

Also! I am off to Holland next week! Sooo looking forward to it!

Enjoy the crossing Guys! And give Blondie a big hello and Hug from us!...oh! And you can have one also! 😃😘

Kathy.

"He couldn't see a belt without hitting below it"

Suppose I earned that:(

"Mr Hum...whilst your on the high seas, just ensuring you are up to date with the most earth shattering headline news.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/don-shee...care-scotland/

It is so ridiculous it always had to be true!"

Of course the poor dog was confused as to where he was supposed to sit when left alone, the steering wheel on that vehicle is on the correct side :D

HH,

Beautiful Picture!!!...trying convince my better half to experience a crossing for the first time...don't think it will happen...? If there's no golf course being towed behind the Yacht he wants nothing to do with it! Hahaha!

Oh! Well!...there's always Venice in July! 😉

Also! I am off to Holland next week! Sooo looking forward to it!

Enjoy the crossing Guys! And give Blondie a big hello and Hug from us!...oh! And you can have one also! 😃😘

Kathy.

Haha Kathy, I'm having the same problem with Mrs D, except she would need a shopping mall towed behind the yacht :o

Day 6 and still no crossing blog !

The format is all set up, it's ready to go, just needs refreshing...... whoever is responsible in Oslo needs ......... !

Maybe Hum is right all along about shoreside management, if this is an example.

This morning (14 April, 2015) there is quite a moderate southerly swell (1-4m) but the surface is sooo smooth with very little wind and blue skies.

The answer I got from an email to Adrienne d'Annunzio on April 21:

Hello,

We are still waiting for an update on the crossing blog. Once I have details I will let you know.

Best regards,

Adrienne d'Annunzio

Manager SeaDream Club

The answer I got from an email to Adrienne d'Annunzio on April 21:

Hello,

We are still waiting for an update on the crossing blog. Once I have details I will let you know.

Best regards,

Adrienne d'Annunzio

Manager SeaDream Club

Good of you to take the time and trouble "muddleaged".....a few others could learn from your initiative (hint, hint).

It's now the week-end, so unless the guy responsible has turned back into work, then we wont be seeing the blog this side of the weekend, will we ?

Of course everybody on the boat is putting a "brave face" on things and HH won't press the dear crew.

Meanwhile here is a beautiful photo taken by an officer which gives a feel of the xing.

The water has been so smooth but there are swells.

The weather is cooler but still beautiful and we still eat out every night.

Blue skies.

Pod of 15-20 dolphins alongside boat at 4.00pm: many passengers saw them from TOYB.

A very happy group.

Blondie, with SD's permission, put on "Singalong with the Sound of Music" in the Main Salon: it was a riot, several ladies (10) were in tears !

Calls to put on "Carry on Cruising" sadly ignored....so requesting a "Private Viewing" with invitation only (which will be open to ALL) to circumvent official route. Guess they may think it is a tad "low brow"...,,they would be right.

Lecture to-day "Reagan returns to the Ranch". A dead horse being "flogged" comes to mind.

Four crew members talk about their lives after lunch.....dammit HH has important meetings about this time after a wine infused lunch with Mr.Pillow..zzzz.

Club Member's Party tonight. It will be all of us as there are 33 CMs out of 39 and 3 of the non-CMs are the lecturers !

Blondie, HH and chum of Blondie & HH dine with the Captain tonight. So best behaviour Hum !

HH has a few Noregian jokes to hand to impress Captain and get "Carry on" film on !

What's the difference between a Norwegain and a canoe ?

A canoe sometimes tips.

Two Norwegians were driving along when the driver stops and asks his passenger to check the indicators.

"Are the indicators working"

Yes they're working...oh no, they've gone off....no they're back on again.....nope they're off again !

Private viewing is in the bag !!!

Have a wonderful week-end chums.

image.jpg.40877552d2d79635d69135a3501a97d0.jpg

Edited by ho-hum

A singalong Sound of Music ....en costume je presume? To think it wasn't recorded on the blog, how very triste. Bookings would be pouring in for the next crossing, wouldn't they?

You are a most talented scribe dear Ho, between you numerous naps, that is. Carry on......and Thank You

Hello,

Best regards,

Adrienne d'Annunzio

Manager SeaDream Club

Hope nobody's holding their breath awaiting a follow up....

SDII: Transatlantic Xing - Sunday, 26 April, 2015

Sea: Moderate Southerly Swells: 3 - 8 feet

Next Port: Funchal (28 April, 2015; arriving with SDI)

Temperature: 18C (it's a guesstimate..brrrrrr)

Sunrise: 06.11

Sunset: 19.17

07.00: Early Risers Coffee

08.09.00: Tai Chi

09.45: Walk a Mile

10.00: Yoga

10.45: Guests & Crew photo by pool (what a lovely thing to do)

11.00: Lecture

12.00: Pass around of food

12.30: Lunch

14.00: Various games

16.30: Quiz

17.00: Walk a Mile

18.30: Cocktails

21.30: Disco

07.00: Early Risers Coffee

08.09.00: Tai Chi

09.45: Walk a Mile

10.00: Yoga

10.45: Guests & Crew photo by pool (what a lovely thing to do)

11.00: Lecture

12.00: Pass around of food

12.30: Lunch

14.00: Various games

16.30: Quiz

17.00: Walk a Mile

18.30: Cocktails

21.30: Disco

And people don't realize how exhausting it is to have to live through and participate in this routine. It's a wonder you have time to post HH!

Ho-hum, if you are lacking things to do, could you possibly track down one of the fabled "bed extenders" and post a photo of it? And I'm refering to the cabin beds, not the bed of a pickup truck :)

The SD bed size is the main thing that keeps us from booking SD more often. That, and the likelyhood that Jim may be on board :eek:

Ho-hum, if you are lacking things to do, could you possibly track down one of the fabled "bed extenders" and post a photo of it? And I'm refering to the cabin beds, not the bed of a pickup truck :)

The SD bed size is the main thing that keeps us from booking SD more often. That, and the likelyhood that Jim may be on board :eek:

You should be so lucky. And since I have had my feet hang over the end of the bed since around 14, I don't let those little sissy beds on SD bother me. We don't need no steenkin bed extenders.😎

How was the bed size on the little Seabourn ships? The Windstar version of the cabin looks nice, but can't tell much about the bed:

Bigger than SD beds. Way bigger bathroom but not as granitey nice. Still have feet over the end.......as usual. Don't be a Girley man (as your previous Governor famously said) and just sleep on the floor. (Deck for you nautical types). Yes, the cabins were nice.

At the Club Members Party the other night, when ALL passengers attended, Captain Willassen presented a most generous gift of a 14 day consecutive voyage to two fortunate passengers who had amassed 500 voyage days (each) on Sea Dream.

At the same time, a similar "ceremony" was taking place on SDI, which is sailing parallel to SDII, approximately 60-70 miles North of SDII (no, not in sight; maybe tomorrow).

The Captain initially took to the floor of the Main Salon where a bottle of sparkling wine and a copy of "Ye Olde Sea Dream Cookbook" were positioned on a small table to one side.

The Captain said a few words about a "special occasion" and in walked, nearly half the crew from ALL the various departments, and stood behind the Captain and onto the stage.

The Captain advised the assembled passengers that two passengers had reached a milestone in voyages and were to be presented with a gift.

HH thought "Oh God, not the bloody bottle and book !"

The two passengers were invited to join him for the presentation. As they stood either side of the Captain, the Captain took out an envelope from within his jacket and read out a letter from the Owner, Atle Brynestad, with details of the very generous offer.

What an amazing gift, the couple were highly delighted and thanked the Owner (via the Captain) for the gift graciously explaining the reason for the number of voyages was because of the CREW and beautiful vessels.

The wine and book were a ruse, arranged by the naughty and mischievous Club Director: extremely funny !

And so the couple were warmly congratulated by the Captain, assembled crew and passengers.

Later they ate with the Captain, Hotel Manager, Club Director together with the chum they were travelling with and were also rewarded with some lovely wines.

The next day, the couple were photographed with even more of the crew by the Pool Deck either side of the Captain and then this was followed by most of the remaining passengers.

All HH can say is, very, very, well done Atle.

What a wonderful thing to do.

It was obvious they were delighted and will no doubt remember the event and extremely generous gift for the rest of their lives !

07.00: Early Risers Coffee - HH just went to bed

08.09.00: Tai Chi - HH still in bed

09.45: Walk a Mile - HH deep under the covers

10.00: Yoga - HH hates sports

10.45: Guests & Crew photo by pool (what a lovely thing to do) - Blondies part, HH wears sunglasses because of small eyes

11.00: Lecture - HH receives his daily curtain-lecture by blondie not to tell rude jokes tonight

12.00: Pass around of food - HH's core competence; combined with sufficient liquid

12.30: Lunch - HH enjoys the rosee

14.00: Various games - HH takes a deep siesta

16.30: Quiz - HH takes a shower to be prepared for the evening/night challenges

17.00: Walk a Mile - this challenge is too big for HH

18.30: Cocktails - HH's core competence II

21.30: Disco - Blondie on the table, HH at TOYB

Dearest ho-hom,

gcmv felt so free and wrote down some suplementary notes in the daily (ho-hum) routine ... ;)

Btw. Baltic Sea was great - 7 days of sunshine, but 18 C were the maximum there! :)

Edited by gcmv

At the Club Members Party the other night, when ALL passengers attended, Captain Willassen presented a most generous gift of a 14 day consecutive voyage to two fortunate passengers who had amassed 500 voyage days (each) on Sea Dream.

At the same time, a similar "ceremony" was taking place on SDI, which is sailing parallel to SDII, approximately 60-70 miles North of SDII (no, not in sight; maybe tomorrow).

The Captain initially took to the floor of the Main Salon where a bottle of sparkling wine and a copy of "Ye Olde Sea Dream Cookbook" were positioned on a small table to one side.

The Captain said a few words about a "special occasion" and in walked, nearly half the crew from ALL the various departments, and stood behind the Captain and onto the stage.

The Captain advised the assembled passengers that two passengers had reached a milestone in voyages and were to be presented with a gift.

HH thought "Oh God, not the bloody bottle and book !"

The two passengers were invited to join him for the presentation. As they stood either side of the Captain, the Captain took out an envelope from within his jacket and read out a letter from the Owner, Atle Brynestad, with details of the very generous offer.

What an amazing gift, the couple were highly delighted and thanked the Owner (via the Captain) for the gift graciously explaining the reason for the number of voyages was because of the CREW and beautiful vessels.

The wine and book were a ruse, arranged by the naughty and mischievous Club Director: extremely funny !

And so the couple were warmly congratulated by the Captain, assembled crew and passengers.

Later they ate with the Captain, Hotel Manager, Club Director together with the chum they were travelling with and were also rewarded with some lovely wines.

The next day, the couple were photographed with even more of the crew by the Pool Deck either side of the Captain and then this was followed by most of the remaining passengers.

All HH can say is, very, very, well done Atle.

What a wonderful thing to do.

It was obvious they were delighted and will no doubt remember the event and extremely generous gift for the rest of their lives !

Congratulations, HH & Blondie. How truly nice it is that your loyalty to SD has been recognized and appreciated in a tangible manner. Bravo.

This is fantastic and, I must say, well deserved. Kudos to SD for the recognition and kudos to the serial cruisers for their loyalty and support of SD over the years. I'm happy to be able to say that we knew them way back when!

We won't be seeing pictures of the award ceremony on the blog - there will be no blog.

Got this today:

Hello,

At this point in time, we have not created blogs for the crossings. I understand some guests were expecting them, and looking forward to it. We are currently working on some changes to our social media and web policies and those policies will not be ready in time for the spring crossings. Please ahead to the fall crossings.

Thank you,

Adrienne d'Annunzio

At least Ho-Hum is keeping us up to date!