.......idle jottings

ho-hum

C f

You should care about the LHC, it's 15,000,000,000 of your tax dollars at work, and is tearing apart the very fabric of the universe to see what's inside.

As a plus, you can prattle on about it at the TOTY bar and seem smart :D

No Raggy you dont sound strange ..... noooo way but HH would just check the new medication with your healthcare professional.

I suspect if you were to prattle on about the fabric of the Universe then you would pretty well have the bar to yourself....oh the poor barman !

No HH trades on his looks !

Shallow ... yes but HH does'nt mind telling you that in his white suit, cuban heels, opened black shirt, exposing his chunky gold chain over his hairy chest sipping his colourful pina colada with fruit and umbrella then it has the senoritas smiling (or is that sni gg. ering ?).

"Hallo pretty ladies".

And if that does'nt reel them in then HH's "piece de resistance" is brought out.

"HH knows Jim Avery you know"

Bingo.....works every time.

Oh the old HH charm.

If you could bottle it, you would make a fortune.

You may notice the odd arrangement of the word beginning "sn" and ending "ing". Well the uber guardians at CC believe HH is adopting a dis-tasteful and derogatory term: which he aint by the way. So this was the only way round it !

Edited by ho-hum

You know there are occasions when chums on Sea Dream fall out with one another.

Two chums, Bernie and Rob from Eire (Southern Ireland to you) were at the TOYB one day and yes they had been drinking, when a dis-agreement arose.

Well it happens does'nt it.

No one gave it another thought until that is, it was reported on Irish state television that there was a "commotion" in Dublin when they met up with one another at the "All Ireland Final".

Sadly HH must report the despicable behaviour that then followed which is contained on the link below.

Please be advised that graphic violence and strong language is described.

Ladies, look away, your refined sensibilities would be forever tainted.

Guys, you are beyond saving.......it is very, very funny.

And if that does'nt reel them in then HH's "piece de resistance" is brought out.

Old Pal, I remind you to be very careful with the use of that information. Some women have been known to lose all control upon hearing such.:eek:

Old Pal, I remind you to be very careful with the use of that information. Some women have been known to lose all control upon hearing such.:eek:

You're right !

Once a lady threw up !

So Sea Dream, take the confidentiality of those that charter their vessels very seriously and quite rightly so.

So now that the Monaco Grand Prix is over, it is safe to say that;

Tag Heuer, the Swiss watch company chartered Sea Dream.

And this from their own website states:

"The night before the race, it was on-board the SeaDream, which was moored in the Principality's harbour and decked out in brand colours, that Jean-Claude Biver, President of the LVMH Group Watch Division and CEO of TAG Heuer, welcomed guests of the brand to a cool and exclusive party: new brand ambassador Cara Delevingne (who also started the Grand Prix as a "Grid Girl"), Fernando Alonso and the McLaren-Honda Team, the team with which TAG Heuer is celebrating 30 years of partnership this year– the longest partnership in F1, which in itself is very symbolic – and also Mark Ronson as DJ… All of this in a coolly relaxed atmosphere to celebrate the unique history of TAG Heuer with motorsport and in particular with the ACM, the iconic organiser of the Grand Prix, an institution which in 2015 is itself celebrating its 125th anniversary."

Bet the crew loved this charter.

No HH does'nt know who Cara Delevingne is either.

In the photo is Christiano Ronaldo (footballer), Fernando Alonso and Jensen Button.

image.jpg.7ad0de7aa048d0361fa54804d9d27c5e.jpg

Edited by ho-hum

Well, I'm just relieved my invitation was lost in the post. Don't have much time for that preening hussy Ronaldo. He can play a whole game and still look immaculate in his whites. Reminds me of Jeremy Guscot, the rugby player. All other players were caked in mud, blood and snotters apart from the precious "Ariel Soap Powder" boy.

TAG Heuer? My trusty £ 9.99 Timex piece from last century still ticks along merrily thank you very much Mr Jean-Claude Biver.

"Jean-Claude Biver, President of the LVMH Group Watch Division and CEO of TAG Heuer, welcomed guests of the brand to a cool and exclusive party"

Well, the economy must be coming back, managements are back to squandering shareholder money on frivolous things.

Bah humbug ! And a yah-boo sucks t'boot !

But seriously the event is Tag Heuer's prime time to shine.

It is a MUST !

The circuit was lined with their logos and name and there were also similarly festooned gantries (is that the right word) over the circuit.

It is part hospitality to their big customers, part publicity and part promoting their product on the world stage deriving the best product placement possible suitable to their aim and corporate identity.

And what better place than the Monaco Grand Prix.

By the way, chartering Sea Dream would also be a lot cheaper than booking a hotel.

What do you expect the company to do ? Hire TGI Friday's ? Haha

Edited by ho-hum

Not arguing about the advertizing aspect of logos at the race. But any company's buyers or decision makers that are influenced by such "hospitality" will not be in business long. So assuming the large customers are savy business people, then the hospitality is a waste of money.

I worked in marketing at a large tech company and know firsthand what a waste this stuff is. And I've worked at OEM cokpanies and been on the receiving end of such hospitality. Again, the suppliers were wasting their money.

Oh, but did we have some fun in the dot com days :eek: Many a CEO and VP ended up getting divorced...

Well, I'm just relieved my invitation was lost in the post. Don't have much time for that preening hussy Ronaldo. He can play a whole game and still look immaculate in his whites. Reminds me of Jeremy Guscot, the rugby player. All other players were caked in mud, blood and snotters apart from the precious "Ariel Soap Powder" boy.

TAG Heuer? My trusty £ 9.99 Timex piece from last century still ticks along merrily thank you very much Mr Jean-Claude Biver.

Haha..........yes Alan Clarke formerly of HH's club, Fulham (but better known as one of Don Revie's Leeds boys) was another apparent dilettante.......he always had his collar turned up, as if he was cold but he was a great player.

HH has never worn a watch and is never late (can't abide lateness....no, not proud of that...has a persnicketiness about it, which HH does'nt like to be thought of in that way).

And your assignment this week is discuss the statement;

"Watches (expensive kind) have nothing to do with knowing what time it is"

Edited by ho-hum

HH has never worn a watch and is never late

That's the difference to gcmv - he almost always wears a watch and is almost always 20 minutes late ... :D (Sorry ho-hum, but gcmv couldn't resist).

Only 2,5 weeks waiting for "soullessly" cruising on Europa 2 ... ;)

We will be staying in Lisbon for four days before the ship departs - what do you think about this chef - we want to try out his restaurant?! :eek:

http://www.restaurante100maneiras.com/?q=N/-/76

"And your assignment this week is discuss the statement;

"Watches (expensive kind) have nothing to do with knowing what time it is""

Of course not, one's personal assistant(s) takes care of those sorts of things.

Reminds me of a great old saw:

One's station in life is inversely related to how many keys one carries.

Speaking of watches, we have a small fortune of them languishing in the gun safe :confused: Mrs D likes to buy them more than wear them, it seems. She even bought me one, but it is far too heavy and gaudy to wear. But she makes me wear it to weddings and funerals....

"And your assignment this week is discuss the statement;

"Watches (expensive kind) have nothing to do with knowing what time it is""

Of course not, one's personal assistant(s) takes care of those sorts of things.

Reminds me of a great old saw:

One's station in life is inversely related to how many keys one carries.

Speaking of watches, we have a small fortune of them languishing in the gun safe :confused: Mrs D likes to buy them more than wear them, it seems. She even bought me one, but it is far too heavy and gaudy to wear. But she makes me wear it to weddings and funerals....

My best watch.dyt001224LARGE.jpg.efee494dcb3bf878a12129d53d89c72a.jpg One for black tie, one for white.

Edited by Jim Avery

Is anyone else having a problem scrolling dowm on this thread when using an ipad or similar tablet ?

Maybe the thread is over-weight ! (Yes just like Hum)

Every answer will be entered into the monthly draw for a chance to go shootin' in Arizona courtesy of ol "snake hips"

That's the difference to gcmv - he almost always wears a watch and is almost always 20 minutes late ... :D (Sorry ho-hum, but gcmv couldn't resist).

Only 2,5 weeks waiting for "soullessly" cruising on Europa 2 ... ;)

We will be staying in Lisbon for four days before the ship departs - what do you think about this chef - we want to try out his restaurant?! :eek:

http://www.restaurante100maneiras.com/?q=N/-/76

You are too quick and bright for dumb old Ho Hum !

Haha…..20 minutes late !

You old scoundrel you !

You know very well HH can’t explain it to everybody…....because it is very, very naughty !

And very, very funny.

You can tell a joke very well, something HH is terrible at.

HH remembers very well, the night you told that joke around the dinner table. Our chums from home, whom we see on a regular basis, often remind us about it. Happy times.

We ALL want to hear all about Europa 2; promise you will tell us.

HH suspects it the exact opposite to SD.

E2 must win “hands down” in so many aspects BUT SD “gets under the skin”.

No it’s not perfect BUT it has Soul.

Anyhow who needs perfection ?

HH gave up on that years ago......kind of does'nt suit him anyhow.

Can write this drivel without a jot of concern or self-respect.

Now did HH claim E2 was soul-less ?

He certainly has no experience of E2 but that's not stopped him commenting on a whole range of subjects before though !

He has an opinion about everything !

Big “know it all”, that he is.

"Pompous prat".

Thankyou mother.

Knowing you old friend and your lovely wife, Frau GCMV, HH knows you are a fun loving couple and will have a great time wherever you are.

We wanted to do the Netherlands to Southampton “Taster” but other commitments, affairs of state etc…you know, prevented us. Next year ?

HH still would love to experience E2 in a small dose.

Don't know how he would cope in the rarified atmosphere of uber service and facilities.

Suspect we would feel like "The Clampetts" from "The Beverly Hillbillies" on first entering Beverly Hills from their home in the backwoods.

"So each couple has their own toilet ? And it's inside the cabin ? Oh my ! You here that Ma, you dont have to dress up and take the rifle with you when you go to the outside toilet in the woods. Like at home. That's great, is'nt it"

Of course you would'nt understand HH's worries because he is'nt .....err German.

You see, the Brits kind of accept sh....... happens and if we have a penalty shoot out with Germany in football, well we just know who is going to win !

Anyway, HH suspects the German people will find out pretty soon that the world is'nt perfect when the Greeks default on their loan !

What were you thinking, lending them the money in the first place !

The Brits would'nt have loaned the Greeks so much ..... well nothing actually !

The "cradle of civilisation" ! Yeah right.

HH suspects E2 will be "moth-balled" because of the increased costs of losing the money loaned to Greece and the financial burden it will cause on each German tax payer (a rare phenomena in Greece: paying tax, that is).

So in a way accepting sh..... happens is, well, kind of a grounded preparation for life.

Oh and while HH is alienating whole people's of the world.

HH can't abide shrill "positivity" especially the Evangelical kind.

God help us !

That gleeful attitude to others and events in life which is nauseatingly irritating and just plain stupid.

But there was a waiter onboard SD for many, many years; a German waiter. Now HH loved that guy (we are still in contact even though he left to care for his mother, who sadly died recently). Now he divided opinion completely. Some, well thought he was ............ (well lets not go there) and others loved him for his stand alone professional service sans fanfare: HH was one.

Stop rambling Hum !

Sorry.

God that chef is scary ! Would'nt complain about the food in his restaurant, that's for sure.

Though would'nt be planning a relaxing, dining night out for two in a restaurant run by Hannibal Lecter either !

Very disturbing, very disturbing indeed........a lot like "German Expressionist" art !

Truly weird.

German classical music on the other hand.......world class.

As is E2.

We will do it, one day.

Love to do the Queens Grill on QE2, too but only after a big win on the scratch cards bought from Mrs.Patel at the local Post Office and paper shop whenever Hum pops in for the "Racing Times" and a packet of "ready rubbed".

NOTE: HH would like to apologise to newish readers if anyone is offended by this over-simplistic, national stereo-typing. Kindly take a "large pinch of salt" whilst reading this high grade drivel as longer term readers can testify.