Boarding question

Hi all,

Hubby and I are sailing on the Jewel on Monday afternoon. Our plane arrives in Sydney about 10.30am and we have arranged transfers with P&O. According to the e-tickets boarding is between 1-3, I'm wondering if they actually board earlier than that - I've seen reports of from 11.30am. 1pm seems so late, particularly if we have to sit around at the terminal - and from what I've read there's nothing at the terminal to keep you occupied for 2 hours or more??

Any ideas appreciated.:confused:

I'm not sure I would be worrying too much. If your plane gets in at 10.30am it is unlikely that you will get to the terminal much before around 12.00 noon anyway. When you get there you can then see the 'lay of the land' to see if they will let you on a little earlier.:)

Hi all,

Hubby and I are sailing on the Jewel on Monday afternoon. Our plane arrives in Sydney about 10.30am and we have arranged transfers with P&O. According to the e-tickets boarding is between 1-3, I'm wondering if they actually board earlier than that - I've seen reports of from 11.30am. 1pm seems so late, particularly if we have to sit around at the terminal - and from what I've read there's nothing at the terminal to keep you occupied for 2 hours or more??

p&o commence boarding between 11.30-12 noon if they are time and you should be able to check in and board once you arrive at the port

Which terminal? The Overseas Passenger Terminal or the White Bay one? Monday morning/lunch time is a pretty hectic time in the city, so I would imagine you would be probably not arriving at the terminal as early as you think, as has been said above.

If it is the Overseas terminal at Circular Quay then you should be able to check your baggage and have a wonder around the Rocks area. If it is White Bay then I don't know that area.

Which terminal? The Overseas Passenger Terminal or the White Bay one? Monday morning/lunch time is a pretty hectic time in the city, so I would imagine you would be probably not arriving at the terminal as early as you think, as has been said above.

If it is the Overseas terminal at Circular Quay then you should be able to check your baggage and have a wonder around the Rocks area. If it is White Bay then I don't know that area.

going by sydney ports they depart from white bay so they should be able to check in and board any time after 11.30 -12.00 noon

Hi all,

We cruised Jewel in February and arrived at the terminal at 1230. We were able to check in immediately and were seated and eating our lunch in Horizon at 1330.;)

The hold up was the scanning area.:mad:

Umm it's a domestic flight, no customs/immigrations. Simply hop off and grab bag off carousel. All good, I think it would be 60 mins max

It would help everyone if posters on cc updated there personal information to include there location. Even if you just put your location as your country, such as Australia or USA or whatever.

I can understand AussieVisi2r thinking you are an overseas visitor as this is a common question asked by them.

Yes, White Bay is remote but there is a little local history there if you look closely that will keep you entertained for 15 minutes:)

The temporary Sydney Exhibition and Convention Centre has been built there as well creating even more traffic chaos.

Hugh

Edited by cassamanda