RCCL transfers IAH to Galveston Port

Have posted in several places but so far have had no information.

Am looking for details of RCCL transfers from IAH to post of Galveston....information about time, collection point, drop off etc etc. have already booked it so costs not important..just details if possible please.

Thanks

have already booked it so costs not important..just details if possible please.

Did RCL tell you the time of the very first RCL bus leaving IAH? I am looking for transfer options for May4 and have a hard time researching as well. Thnx for posting :)

Unfortunately it is very difficult to get information. All I was able to get from customer services was that we'd get vouchers and details from ground staff, on arrival at the airport....not really very helpful.

Hopefully someone who has used transfer service will be able to help!

We did this transfer a few years ago. You have to give the cruise line your flight information so they know your when your flight should arrive and they keep watching for your flight even if it's late. You will need to watch for the Royal Caribbean sign a person will be holding and they will direct you to where you need to go. As the bus fills up that bus will leave and another one will show up and it keeps going until the last passenger is accounted for.

Hope this helps a little.

Thank you for your reply.....I should have mentioned we are arriving the day before and spending the night at Marriott hotel at the airport, then taking the transfer on sailing day.

Any idea of the first transfer please ?

It will be early, but not so early before enough planes have arrived. they had 4 buses when we took it and there would be more later on. Basically we got our luggage, checked in and waited in line for a while before boarding. As we were in the first group, we arrived at the port before check in even started. I think we left the airport around 9:30. It was three years ago, so I dont recall the exact time.

Thank you.....good to have some idea.

RCCL customer services very unwilling to give out any information in UK.....wish we had asked before booking...they might have been more forthcoming then !!!!

Any suggestions for buying wine before embarking please ?

Thank you for your reply.....I should have mentioned we are arriving the day before and spending the night at Marriott hotel at the airport, then taking the transfer on sailing day.

Any idea of the first transfer please ?

I'm trying to understand...

You're coming in the day before embarkation. Does that mean that you must return to the airport on sailing day to board the shuttle to the cruiseport?

I always thought that the transfers from airport to cruiseport were strictly for those arriving "same day" as the cruise. Maybe something changed?

Yes we fly in the day before the cruise, stay overnight at the Marriott hotel on the airport site, then catch the transfer to the port.

Didn't realise there was an issue about catching transfer if arrive day before departure.....Maybe it's because it's an international flight and it's an international transfer shuttle service ????

The Marriott is actually in the terminals and you will take the underground train (more like a mini tram) to the Marriott. You will never even leave the airport. Not sure if the marriott has a shuttle to local places or not. But to get wine will be difficult without a car. IAH is actually north of Houston and your closest place would be Humble (h is silent so pronounce "umble" if asking for directions) There are a couple of grocery stores, a sam's club, a liquor store, and a walmart all close to the airport in Humble on FM 1960 but you will need a vehicle (hopefully the marriott has a courtesy van), all are to far to walk to. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for this information- have asked previously but failed to get a clear response.

Would be great if the hotel has a shuttle to visit a Walmart.

Unfortunately, the email address for the concierge at the Marriott seems difficult to find, so I haven't managed to contact them regarding a shuttle service.

Suppose a taxi wouldn't be too expensive, and probably cheaper than buying wine on the ship.

Thanks again for your information.

The direct # for the hotel in the states is 1-281-443-2310 ( I think you dial 00 first from the UK). The hotel does have a shuttle van but they don't list if it is complimentary for anything other than the airport or if they will drop you off and pick you up at local places. I can't see the purpose of the shuttle for the airport though because the tram is more convenient and by the time you loop through the airport it is probably faster as well. The Walmart is just a little over 5 miles. You probably would be better off just pre-buying your wine on the ship though if you had to pay for a cab. When I was in Minneapolis we found as long as we were tipping the shuttle driver took us anywhere within reason we asked. He just would drop us and we would call when we were ready to be picked up. Good Luck! Hope it works out for you.

I do not know the zip codes around IAH, but if you Google Fine Wines and add the zip code, you should be able to locate a store. Plus once you locate one, use MapQuest, use the hotel address and the liquor store...That way you will have directions for the hotel shuttle, should they be willing to take you and wait for you

Thanks to both-

We found hotel shuttles in Minneapolis very good for dropping off at Target etc. too. Don't think it was a Marriott though

Hopefully the Marriott shuttle at Houston airport will do the same.

Thanks again for your helpful suggestions.

Thanks so much for this information- have asked previously but failed to get a clear response.

Would be great if the hotel has a shuttle to visit a Walmart.

Unfortunately, the email address for the concierge at the Marriott seems difficult to find, so I haven't managed to contact them regarding a shuttle service.

Suppose a taxi wouldn't be too expensive, and probably cheaper than buying wine on the ship.

Thanks again for your information.

I think you'd be coming out ahead by getting a taxi and going to a nearby store for wine. Yesterday I bought 2 bottles of champagne, one I have bought on the ship at $37 a bottle and paid $15 at Spec's (a local liquor store)

I think you'd be coming out ahead by getting a taxi and going to a nearby store for wine. Yesterday I bought 2 bottles of champagne, one I have bought on the ship at $37 a bottle and paid $15 at Spec's (a local liquor store)

Thanks for that....is Spec's near the airport please ?

Thanks for that....is Spec's near the airport please ?

The nearest Specs is 11.5 miles away.

Spec's Wine, Spirits and Finer Foods, 13313 Kuykendahl Road, Houston, TX 77090

The one near Humble is actually in Atascocita and is 12 miles away, but in a much nicer area.

7034 Farm to Market 1960, Atascocita, TX 77346

This is a little closer and certainly easier to get to.

Goody Goody Liquor

9805 FM 1960 Bypass Rd W Humble, TX 77338

(281) 446-0763BsAt4ube4GblQIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

goodygoody.com

You can let the driver know that it's right next to the Dearbrook mall.

Hope this helps. This area is very close to where I live...

The nearest Specs is 11.5 miles away.

Spec's Wine, Spirits and Finer Foods, 13313 Kuykendahl Road, Houston, TX 77090

The one near Humble is actually in Atascocita and is 12 miles away, but in a much nicer area.

7034 Farm to Market 1960, Atascocita, TX 77346

This is a little closer and certainly easier to get to.

Goody Goody Liquor

9805 FM 1960 Bypass Rd W Humble, TX 77338

(281) 446-0763BsAt4ube4GblQIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

goodygoody.com

You can let the driver know that it's right next to the Dearbrook mall.

Hope this helps. This area is very close to where I live...

Agree with MrTallPaul that Goody Goody is your easiest option. It is in the strip center by the mall that has Outback Steak in it but close to Pappadeaux's (which happens to have great TexMex if your looking for local flavor for dinner).

Have never shopped at Goody Goody but I am assuming you are just getting a couple of bottles. I buy wine at specs and you can find a full range there.

There is a Specs in Kingwood that is 11 miles and quicker to get to than the other two. The other two have many many traffic lights where the one in Kingwood is mostly going on the Freeway with only 3-4 lights after you exit the freeway the address is:

1420 Kingwood Dr

Kingwood, TX 77339

Thank you so much for this information.

Would you happen to know if there's a Walmart or Target closer to the airport please ?

Walmart is closer but Target is not that much further. There is a road that cuts through from the walmart to the target (Townsend Rd) that there is nothing on but they have been doing construction on it and have had it shut down going one direction while construction has been being done, not sure if it will be open both ways when you go or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

I was about to book RCL transfer from IAH for my next cruise, but I've just learned the first scheduled departure of a RCL bus does not leave IAH until 11am... and therefore you don't get to the pier any earlier than 12:30. I'd like to get there much earlier.

So... I want to book one way IAH to Galveston (not round trip, getting off the ship I want to book RCL excursion plus IAH drop off), so now I am looking for private transfer from IAH to embarkation. I've hunted the internet on my own quite a bit, and read the Gulf Ports thread. There just doesn't seem to be any relatively inexpensive options (ie. even around $100)... for two adults best I'm finding $130 for private vehicle. Shared shuttle works out to $110 for both and the schedule not much better than RCL.

I hope some of you can refer me to a good option you have used before.

Thx!! :)

The cruise line transfer is $ 47 per person per direction.

Your return flight must depart from 12:30 pm onwards from IAH or 12 pm onwards from HOU.

The PRE hotel is the Hotel Galvez which includes transfer from the hotel to the ship for $ 158 per person.

There is no cheap way to the pier.

I have also used Super Shuttle and their ExecuCar division (limos & town cars). Runs about 150.00 plus tip to the driver. An extra 2.00 for second person.

You will need to make up a dummy flight for the arrival transfer if you are going back to the airport the next day.