Eurodam April 13 Greek Isles too hot and seas too choppy?

Stevero2

Don't think it will be too hot. We were there in Sept Oct and it was quite pleasant. Had no problem in Med. in that area. Of course, just like here in Caribbean, fronts can come through. Only island we went to that took extra energy was Santorini. After reading CC, we opted for a ship tour which let us off at the container port instead of having to take a donkey up the cliffs/walking up the cliffs, using the cable car with a crowd from the ship. Only thing bad about the tour was that you were expected to go back to container area at a certain time. Husbands got off the tour in the town an walk around for awhile and had gyros. Wives went back to ship via port.

Mykonos has a webcam--just do Mykonos webcam in goggle and you will find it. Enjoyable island for eating, touring, drinking and octopus!

we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam on a similar cruise in 2011. We were cruising Greece in Mid April and it was sunny, about 80 not too hot and real pleasant. The waters were very calm. Almost no ship movement to speak of. The available tours range from a lot to physical activity to almost none. You have a lot of choices. Some of the ruins involve some walking on uneven ground but I just brought some good walking shoes and I was fine. And I am the most ungraceful person I know. If there is a place to trip I will do it. But even I had no problem.:)

Last year (2013) I was on a Greek Isles cruise during the same dates you're looking at. The water was very smooth throughout the trip -- and believe me, on a 20,000 ton ship, you would feel it if the waves were rough. Not sure why you think it would be choppy at that time of year?

The weather was also perfect. Not chilly but not so warm that you were miserable sightseeing. I ate dinner out on the back deck nearly every night, it was so pleasant.

Here's a photo showing the smooth seas:

DSC00296.JPG

Edited by cruisemom42

• 2 weeks later...

Today we noticed some excellent HAL pricing on a few April and May Med sailings-Noordam and NA. We watching pricing and hoping to get a few offers like this for a Sept/Oct cruise.

Edited by iancal