Welcome back those on the March 1st Reflection.

mg33626

As you will see there is much discussion about overbearing loud music on recent sailings, and also a few who feel there is no such thing as "too loud" even if it were at a wake. JK?

I would love to hear your thoughts.

They posted this on another thread:

Just off Reflection and did not encounter ANY music at "deafening" or "concert level" volumes.

DJ music was appropriately loud late at night at the Sky Lounge and of course at the Martini Bar - it's clearly part of what makes this place hop and attract a large crowd. DJ music may have been loud at times (especially if sitting near the speakers) around the pool (not my scene so we sunned ourselves on the deck above - not loud at all) but it didn't seem to drive anyone away.

Live music in the public areas (even after a week I never did quite remember if there were one or two of these spaces) whether it was top 40 by Vibes or swing by the big band (can't remember their name) was loud but certainly not ear splitting - does anyone REALLY expect this sort of music to be played softly??? Live music in the theatre was obviously loud but no louder than any similar productions I have attended off ship.

Not once did we encounter "piped music" in public areas, atrium(s), restaurants etc. at levels anywhere near obtrusive. Not once did we have to raise our voices to enjoy conversation. Not once could we not find a pleasant spot (and typically several) somewhere on the ship to enjoy relative silence (I say relative as there's always some bozo who can't discern between talking and shouting). Not once were we unable to find a bar which was unsuitable for quiet conversation.

These discussions always remind me of my late MIL - a delightful woman but one with an infuriating habit of parking herself in front of one of my 4 foot high speakers at parties or large family gatherings and asking that the music be turned down. People, if you find the music too loud in one venue, why not simply move to another?

Once I've gathered my thoughts I'll be offering my review of Reflection on this board. In the meantime, I will simply say that the music on this (our first ever) cruise was a positive contribution to what was one of the most enjoyable weeks of our lives.

"are we here yet?"

https://clocks.cruisecritic.com/count...ity Reflection

Last edited by wpgcycler; Today at 07:54 AM.

As you will see there is much discussion about overbearing loud music on recent sailings, and also a few who feel there is no such thing as "too loud" even if it were at a wake. JK?

Hi, I'm the one who posted the above comments. I might add, my wife does not like loud music and is often asking me to turn mine down. Some way into the cruise I told her about all the chatter on this board about loud music on Reflection and she was completely befuddled. Look for my review in the coming days.

Great! We'll be looking for your review. I am specifically interested in loud piped in music at the Sunset Bar. That's where I like to spend my time....Kindle in lap, ignored, while I stare at the ocean....

While I'm sure there was some, I honestly didn't even notice it.

Hi Mg33626,

As the question was asked and answered, and we have a very active thread this topic : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2002130 , let's continue the music discussion on the above thread.

Thanks for your understanding. This thread is now closed.