We are trying to decide between...

JordanLovesCruisin

We are going to Roatan on Carnival Magic at the very beginning of April. We will have our 7 month old with us. We were looking at renting the A/C Private Cabana or Tabyana Beach Break. We want to make sure the beach is gorgeous and that there is shade for our babe.

The fact that the cabana has A/C makes it very appealing for nap time. But the Tabyana Beach looks fantastic and has a shuttle every 1/2 hour in case we need to go back to the ship early.

Any experiences?

First, because Carnval docks in Mahagony Bay, know that you could just stay there the whole day and be right at the ship for naptime, lunch etc. Manmade beach but many like the area alot. Sort of a private island beach day.

Tabyana beach break is on West Bay and is very nice with the high point being the wonderful, easy, fun walk-in snorkeling. For all levels of swimmers. Taby's stretch of beach is right where the best entrance area is.

Know too that if it's a windy day or even slightly rough, you will not stop at Roatan because of the poorly designed Carnival docking area.

Have a wonderful time.

We have docked at Coxen 4 times and are hopefully docking @ Mahogany this time. I was curious if you have any statistics re: how often the ship actually misses the stop. Looks like if it is that bad Carnival would do something to cure this as it only makes people mad when they miss Roatan, and scares the first time cruisers going there when they hear they may just have another sea day. I stay on top of the cruise news pretty well and have not seen many instances of Carnival not being able to dock lately. That's why I was wondering if you have any hard facts on this issue. Thanks..:)

First, because Carnval docks in Mahagony Bay, know that you could just stay there the whole day and be right at the ship for naptime, lunch etc. Manmade beach but many like the area alot. Sort of a private island beach day.

Tabyana beach break is on West Bay and is very nice with the high point being the wonderful, easy, fun walk-in snorkeling. For all levels of swimmers. Taby's stretch of beach is right where the best entrance area is.

Know too that if it's a windy day or even slightly rough, you will not stop at Roatan because of the poorly designed Carnival docking area.

Have a wonderful time.

I would also opt to stay at Mahogany just for the fact the child is so young. It just makes more sense to have your own little private cabana and no traveling time means you'll get more beach time there. I have been to West Bay and it's nice, but do you get a cabana there with your package? I didn't notice any when we were there. Yes, there's plenty of shade, but it won't be the same as having your private area, with some place to lay the little one down and in a/c. Most people head to West Bay because of the awesome snorkeling. Just my thoughts.