New Platinum benefit: 2X free laundry per 7 day cruise?

kiyoko

In another thread, someone posted that on the Jewel, that they were given 2 free laundry bags per 7 day cruise per platinum member. Can anyone confirm whether this is fleetwide? I checked the NCL website but it still lists the one free bag per 7 day sailing per platinum member. Was hoping someone can confirm whether this will be a new perk--especially on the Getaway. Will be great if I don't have to overpack like I usually do. Thanks.

Edited by kiyoko

In another thread, someone posted that on the Jewel, that they were given 2 free laundry bags per 7 day cruise per platinum member. Can anyone confirm whether this is fleetwide? I checked the NCL website but it still lists the one free bag per 7 day sailing per platinum member. Was hoping someone can confirm whether this will be a new perk--especially on the Getaway. Will be great if I don't have to overpack like I usually do. Thanks.

If you both are platinum your will each receive one bag for the seven day cruise.

In my experience, you can give them laundry any day. I would not want to send dirty clothes too late in the cruise, so as not to hamper my packing. Day 5 would give enough time for clean clothes to reach you sometime on Day 6, so you could pack at least on the last day.

My husband, on the other hand, likes to send his wrinkled shirts on the first day, so he will look neat and pressed for the duration of the cruise. (Smart man, who would rather someone else do the ironing.)

In another thread, someone posted that on the Jewel, that they were given 2 free laundry bags per 7 day cruise per platinum member. Can anyone confirm whether this is fleetwide? ....

Can you refer us to that thread?

Edited by garycarla

Can you refer us to that thread?

It was a thread started by Love my butler entitled "laundry special price increase". The last post on that thread was made by me on March 8, 2014. jlstilp mentioned that a platinum member was entitled to the free laundry twice during a 7 day cruise. In the past, I know that if you have two platinum members then each member gets one, and therefore 2 free laundry service, but I understood the post as each member gets 2 free.

If you both are platinum your will each receive one bag for the seven day cruise.

That's my understanding as well, but jlstilp seemed to indicate on the thread mentioned in my last post above that it was two for each platinum member.

I was on the Jewel last week and noticed the change with the increased price.

On a separate laundry note from the Jewel - as a Platinum on the laundry service "coupon" that I received the first day in that folder, it specifically said that laundry service will be offered 2x this cruise (7 day) and the laundry service is available to platinum both times. I thought that was great they specifically called it out in advance - even though I only used it once.

Here is the quote above.

Not sure if these means:

a) Offered two times and you could use it both times

or

b) Offered two times and it was available both times, but you can use it only once.

Any help out there?

I wish I would have saved that document so I could post it here - I should have been thinking ahead - sorry.

It said that the laundry bag special was going to be offered twice during the cruise and platinum members were allowed to take advantage of it both times. It struck me as strange as I had never seen that before (have been platinum for 2 years now). I have seen variations of give it during the laundry bag special day or give it any day you want - but never called out as being able to do it more than once.

Since I have not seen this on another ship and no one else has brought it up either - I think this is unique to the Jewel sailing at this time.

As I said in my response on the other thread, going forward, I will not assume I am getting the free laundry service more than 1x on a 7 day cruise.

John

Here is the quote above.

Not sure if these means:

a) Offered two times and you could use it both times

or

b) Offered two times and it was available both times, but you can use it only once.

Any help out there?

I'm beginning to think that it is option b, since no one has responded to this thread that it was a. I also went back and reread the other thread and it sounds like the coupon may only have allowed the free laundry once but that it could be used on one of two days. Guess I'm still stuck trying to fit an inordinate amount of dirty clothes into that flimsy bag. At least we can use mine one day, and my son's another day. In any event, my next sailing is this Saturday on the Getaway, so I'll post here to let you know what I find out. Thanks.

I wish I would have saved that document so I could post it here - I should have been thinking ahead - sorry.

It said that the laundry bag special was going to be offered twice during the cruise and platinum members were allowed to take advantage of it both times. It struck me as strange as I had never seen that before (have been platinum for 2 years now). I have seen variations of give it during the laundry bag special day or give it any day you want - but never called out as being able to do it more than once.

Since I have not seen this on another ship and no one else has brought it up either - I think this is unique to the Jewel sailing at this time.

As I said in my response on the other thread, going forward, I will not assume I am getting the free laundry service more than 1x on a 7 day cruise.

John

Thanks for your input.

On our cruise on the Jewel from Feb 2-9 and February 9-16 (b2b) it was one per platinum per week and it specifically said it could only be used on the days the specials were offered to everyone.

However, a lady at the purser's desk said it could be used anytime.

Maybe it has changed to two per platinum per week, we'll find out at the end of the month.

Edited by gooch47

We just did the 12 day on the Breakaway followed 3 weeks later by a 7 day on the Breakaway. On the 12 day both my husband and myself received 2 laundry bags free (total 4) on specific days. The days they were valid was printed on the back of coupon. On the 7 day we each received one bag to use any day.

Edited by jrsegrl

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the Getaway and wanted to followup on the Platinum free laundry benefit. It is only 1 free bag per Platinum member per 7 day sailing, but that free bag can be any day you choose.

By the way, the Getaway was fabulous and the best ship we've ever sailed from the stateroom, food, crew, service--everything was excellent. Can't wait to go back in May so I can get to all the things we ended up not having enough time to get to.