Misleading Rates

Levir03

Last week, Carnival briefly (24 hours) reduced the published rates on some of their 3 day cruises to Ensenada out of LA to $159. However, when I tried to book one, the actual lowest rate was somewhere around $229. I called Carnival, and they told me it must be an error with the website. So again today, the rates have dropped. April 3 on the Imagination, for instance, is showing $179 for an interior room. However, if you try to book it, the lowest rate is $209. There is another rate for $219 with a $25 OBC, but that still doesn't bring the total rate to $179. The upper/lower rooms are still available, but even those aren't as low as the advertised rate of $179. Has anyone else noticed this? It's a little disappointing to say the least, especially when their phone reps refuse to help or explain.

Last week, Carnival briefly (24 hours) reduced the published rates on some of their 3 day cruises to Ensenada out of LA to $159. However, when I tried to book one, the actual lowest rate was somewhere around $229. I called Carnival, and they told me it must be an error with the website. So again today, the rates have dropped. April 3 on the Imagination, for instance, is showing $179 for an interior room. However, if you try to book it, the lowest rate is $209. There is another rate for $219 with a $25 OBC, but that still doesn't bring the total rate to $179. The upper/lower rooms are still available, but even those aren't as low as the advertised rate of $179. Has anyone else noticed this? It's a little disappointing to say the least, especially when their phone reps refuse to help or explain.

Can you take a screen shot of the rates u r seeing?

Is it possible that you are showing a cashed page and the prices have changed since then? Try clearing your history and cookies then see what it says. I'm not sure if that is the problem, just throwing one possibility out there.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Is it possible that you are showing a cashed page and the prices have changed since then? Try clearing your history and cookies then see what it says. I'm not sure if that is the problem, just throwing one possibility out there.

I initially thought that as well and I tried everything to ensure that wasn't the case. Signed out of my account, cleared cookies/cache, searched using different browsers, different devices, even different locations. All gave me the same rate.

I initially thought that as well and I tried everything to ensure that wasn't the case. Signed out of my account, cleared cookies/cache, searched using different browsers, different devices, even different locations. All gave me the same rate.

However, I just logged out and searched again and it only showed me the $219 rate (for April 3 out of LA). When I logged back in again, it showed me the $179 rate. I am still not able to book it at $179 - no special offers or special rates, etc. Really odd.

However, I just logged out and searched again and it only showed me the $219 rate (for April 3 out of LA). When I logged back in again, it showed me the $179 rate. I am still not able to book it at $179 - no special offers or special rates, etc. Really odd.

Maybe there WAS a special rate tied to your VIFP number, and all the rooms that were under that rate (as they were probably capacity controlled as the specials are) sold out. That's the only thing I can think of.

Ive seen various erroneous rates for the past week or so. The biggest (IMO) was rates that ended in 4, you go to book and then the rate jumps up (sometimes by a hundred dollars) and ends in 9. Another poster had a thread about it. He/she called Carnival and got nowhere. The other forum users also sided with Carnival saying they shouldnt honor their own glitch.

That is really odd. I just tried it and it said $179 interior for the sailing on the 3rd of April but when you go in to do a booking it said $249 then you can drop down other rates (tiny little blue link line under the big rate in bold) and it gave the lowest rate as $209 and that was a California resident rate.

Not sure what's going on.

Same type thing happened to my on the search for Fantasy rates. Said rate of 249, but in booking the lowest was 399. I tried it a few different sessions on different days, same result. I called, and even the rep. got the $249/$399 experience. She just said sorry. "Want to book at $399?" I declined. I understand system problems exists, but should not for almost three days. I do internet compliance for a living, so I thought of 'bait and switch' and Unfair Deceptive Abusive Acts Practices (UDAAP), but decided to let it ride.

Same type thing happened to my on the search for Fantasy rates. Said rate of 249, but in booking the lowest was 399. I tried it a few different sessions on different days, same result. I called, and even the rep. got the $249/$399 experience. She just said sorry. "Want to book at $399?" I declined. I understand system problems exists, but should not for almost three days. I do internet compliance for a living, so I thought of 'bait and switch' and Unfair Deceptive Abusive Acts Practices (UDAAP), but decided to let it ride.

Completely agree. A system glitch is one thing - I wouldn't expect them to honor a $1 rate when in reality they meant to type $1,000. But this seems to be occurring on a regular basis, I certainly don't think it is an accident or a typo.

I work in a direct-to-consumer field (marketing but still very involved with the retail portion) and if we mess up, we always honor whatever was originally presented to the customer (unless its completely outrageous). And $179 for interior cabin is not so outrageous that Carnival shouldn't honor the price.

Edited by pink317
grammar

Worked fine for me, I just did a mock booking and got multiple offers including $176 for a "west coast" rate. This is a guarantee room rate so you cannot pick your own room.

There was also a $183 spring into summer rate which gave a $25 PP onboard credit. This was on the imagination for April 3.

this is for 3 in a room, I would guess that is somewhere in the fine print but didn't feel like reading everything that small.

Edited by Sfdtiller

Worked fine for me, I just did a mock booking and got multiple offers including $176 for a "west coast" rate. This is a guarantee room rate so you cannot pick your own room.

There was also a $183 spring into summer rate which gave a $25 PP onboard credit. This was on the imagination for April 3.

this is for 3 in a room, I would guess that is somewhere in the fine print but didn't feel like reading everything that small.

Still, the best rate I'm able to get is $209 for the West Coast Sale, or $219 for the Spring Into Summer Sale (with $25 OBC pp). I'm doing mock bookings with 1-2 people. I find it hard to believe they'd advertise prices that assume 3 per cabin, that's never been the case before (that I know of).

Still, the best rate I'm able to get is $209 for the West Coast Sale, or $219 for the Spring Into Summer Sale (with $25 OBC pp). I'm doing mock bookings with 1-2 people. I find it hard to believe they'd advertise prices that assume 3 per cabin, that's never been the case before (that I know of).

Lol...I just did a mock booking for April 3 on the Imagination and got a price of $129 pp, too bad I live in Florida and not California or I would go!!