VIFP Platinum upgrade

blondietink

Well, the fine print reads up to $100 off past guest rate plus the $100 OBC. However, when checking the cruise we are looking at (Sept), there is no past guest rate listed (even when looking at the other rates you have to click on). Turns out that the promotion is $20 more than Early Saver rate and the ES rate would give me free upgrades, whereas with the promotion I would have to pay extra for the upgrades.

I even put in the other members of my household's VIFP number (who did not get the promotion) to see what the PG rate was, and there still is no PG rate listed. :confused:

Seems that actually being Platinum is a negative....

Few Platinums received the free cruise offers. Not sure what Carnival is trying to say to us. First, they diminished the value of being Platinum (remember the free slot tournament), now they kind of thumb their noses. I'm guessing they actually want us to go away.

I agree... what they need to realize is that many of the new cruisers they got over the years, came because we told them how great it was... I still enjoy cruising on their ships but have to wonder why they are doing these things, when they know the other lines have not diminished their loyalty programs. Actually, Jh said that at the end of last year they were looking at revamping the loyalty program again... wonder when that will happen...

We got the offer. It seemed good to us - but its only up to 11/14.

I believe a "taste" of platinum was the idea - for those of us who are no

where near any status.

If this makes you mad - then you need to get out more. IMHO

How did they take back Diamond when there was no Diamond level before? Diamond is 200 or more days, period. If you didn't have 200 days then you were never Diamond. And Milestone, which is a different program, never changed either. You still get the same perks after your 25th, 50th, 75th and 100 cruise.

Let me explain. Before the Diamond level was added, Milestone was often referred to as the next level after Platinum. Furthermore, you used to need 10 cruises for Platinum. For many of us who were near the "MILESTONE LEVEL" of 25 cruises sailed, we were told by JH and many other Carnival employees that if we were within 2 cruises of hitting that number 25, we would be indeed grandfathered into the highest level, which is DIAMOND.

I don't hold this against JH or the other Carnival employees as this is the information was given to them. But i do feel that Carnival should have stood behind what they were telling their employees and what the Milestone cruisers were being told by them. It certainly won't stop me from cruising with Carnival. it is pretty obvious that I love doing so by my number of cruises taken. This is just an explanation to you and others that post the same thing you did.

Edited by cruzn buckeye

We got the offer. It seemed good to us - but its only up to 11/14.

I believe a "taste" of platinum was the idea - for those of us who are no

where near any status.

If this makes you mad - then you need to get out more. IMHO

When you reach your Platinum Milestone or Diamond status, then tell me about it. It does not make me "mad". Remarks like yours are really uncalled for. Enjoy your Platinum status. It is nice.

I understand the complaints from those of you that earned your platinum status. How can you tell yourselves apart from us commoners? Do you have a special handshake or something? I guess you would rather Carnival not do anything to encourage newer cruisers from continuing to sale with them. Sorry just my opinion.

I don't consider myself "special" or above anyone else. I enjoy cruising with all ages of people and actually enjoy cruising with the new cruisers because sometimes I can help them with questions they have regarding their cruise. if you feel you are a "commoner" and I am above you, that is your problem, not mine, because in no way do I feel that way. Remember that I too was once a first time cruiser. And never ever felt envious to those who were lucky enough to have cruised many times. And never, ever said ugly things to the. As far as encouraging new cruisers, word of mouth from cruisers like myself, have brought onboard many many many new cruisers. In the last 3 cruise, i have brought 6 new cruiser along. Word of mouth.

Let me explain. Before the Diamond level was added, Milestone was often referred to as the next level after Platinum. Furthermore, you used to need 10 cruises for Platinum. For many of us who were near the "MILESTONE LEVEL" of 25 cruises sailed, we were told by JH and many other Carnival employees that if we were within 2 cruises of hitting that number 25, we would be indeed grandfathered into the highest level, which is DIAMOND.

I don't hold this against JH or the other Carnival employees as this is the information was given to them. But i do feel that Carnival should have stood behind what they were telling their employees and what the Milestone cruisers were being told by them. It certainly won't stop me from cruising with Carnival. it is pretty obvious that I love doing so by my number of cruises taken. This is just an explanation to you and others that post the same thing you did.

Milestone was not a level. It was a one time perk at 25 then a one time perk at 50 and so on. Diamond was always 200 days.

Milestone was not a level. It was a one time perk at 25 then a one time perk at 50 and so on. Diamond was always 200 days.

Yes, Diamond is always 200 days. Did you read my complete post? Read my post. Pay close attention. We were told it was a "level" and those at Milestone "level" would be grandfathered to Diamond. And in the famous words of Forest Gump " that's all I have to say about that...:rolleyes:"

I don't consider myself "special" or above anyone else. I enjoy cruising with all ages of people and actually enjoy cruising with the new cruisers because sometimes I can help them with questions they have regarding their cruise. if you feel you are a "commoner" and I am above you, that is your problem, not mine, because in no way do I feel that way. Remember that I too was once a first time cruiser. And never ever felt envious to those who were lucky enough to have cruised many times. And never, ever said ugly things to the. As far as encouraging new cruisers, word of mouth from cruisers like myself, have brought onboard many many many new cruisers. In the last 3 cruise, i have brought 6 new cruiser along. Word of mouth.

It does not seem you can convince those who have not yet reached Platinum or Diamond that our angst has absolutely nothing to do with them. Our criticism is only directed at Carnival management for the lack of respect they have had for our loyalty. I think that I can speak for most that we do not think of them as "commoners" or beneath us in anyway. In fact as far as I am concerned I do not blame them in anyway for taking advantage of these offers. What I do have an issue with is for those who have not yet reached Platinum/Diamond criticizing all Platinum and Diamond cruisers and accusing us of holding ourselves above them and any other other descriptive phrases they have used. Bottom line is they really do need to look at this from another point of view and not be quite so defensive. This defensiveness is really a misplaced position.

And I am one Platinum (should be Diamond, but they took that back), that is really not happy with this. FTTF made the priority lines crowded enough, now giving it to others who are not even Platinum or FTTF??? Really?? Whatever...:rolleyes:

How would they take back the Diamond, Diamond has always been based on cruise days, never the amount of cruises.

It does not seem you can convince those who have not yet reached Platinum or Diamond that our angst has absolutely nothing to do with them. Our criticism is only directed at Carnival management for the lack of respect they have had for our loyalty. I think that I can speak for most that we do not think of them as "commoners" or beneath us in anyway. In fact as far as I am concerned I do not blame them in anyway for taking advantage of these offers. What I do have an issue with is for those who have not yet reached Platinum/Diamond criticizing all Platinum and Diamond cruisers and accusing us of holding ourselves above them and any other other descriptive phrases they have used. Bottom line is they really do need to look at this from another point of view and not be quite so defensive. This defensiveness is really a misplaced position.

Perfectly stated.:)

How would they take back the Diamond, Diamond has always been based on cruise days, never the amount of cruises.

At one time, Milestone was considered a level. After you reached your first milestone cruise, you card went from Platinum to White. And for every cruise after that. When the new levels were talked about, and before they actually posted the plan, those that were Milestone or within a cruise or two of Milestone were told that they would be grandfathered into the highest level when the new program came out. The highest level of the new program is Diamond.

Edited by cruzn buckeye