Copenhagen Hotels June 2006

Every hotel is showing "no rooms available" for 6/13/06. I emailed the Marriott in Copenhagen and they said they are sold out due to a "Congress" in June. (I'm assuming that means Convention). What do we do if we want to arrive the day before our Princess cruise? :confused: :confused:

Any suggestions???

Thanks .....

You could do a Princess pre-cruise package. For the cruise I did in July, they had one to three day hotel deals you could purchase. The hotel choices were the Radisson SAS Royal (located near Tivoli), another Radisson I don't recall the full name of, and I think a third hotel. If you got a hotel room through Princess, the transportation from the airport to the hotel and hotel to the cruise ship were included as part of the package.

I considered doing the pre-cruise hotel package, but it was cheaper to do the hotel myself and take the train from the airport.

I was trying to book about 300 days in advance in Copenhagen and NONE of the hotels showed any availablity. So I went on Trip advisor and made some reservations at some of the hotels listed as like their number 6 or 7th picks. Now about 40 days prior to the trip to Copenhagen and low and behold. I went on Radisson's Website and viola a low priced weekend package rate including a breakfast and all taxes for less than the low rated hotel. So I cancelled and rebooked.

BEWARE Copenhagen has a 25% hotel tax. If it is not included in your published rate be aware. It might be worth using a precruise if you don't want to chance it. Remember some hotel booking engines for example hotels.com charge a fee such as $25 for cancellation. It was still worth the cancellation to stay at a landmark hotel Radisson SAS Royal.

We will be looking forward to it. Good luck

Archived