Hair dryer on reflection

My wife is asking me to post this...

She has a 1875 watt iconic hair dryer and wants to know if the hair dryer in the sky suite is comparable? She has very long hair and was wondering if the women out there would recommend bring hers or using Celebrity's?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My wife is asking me to post this...

She has a 1875 watt iconic hair dryer and wants to know if the hair dryer in the sky suite is comparable? She has very long hair and was wondering if the women out there would recommend bring hers or using Celebrity's?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Bring your own. I have thick hair and I use a Yellowbird 1800 watts. The ship's hairdryers are worthless for thick or long hair!!

FWIW, there's a reason that the ship-provided hair dryers are only 1200 watts. Even at home, using an 1875 watt hairdryer is marginal in many cases. Quite a few home electricity circuits are sized at 15 amps. That means the wire is sized to carry up to 15 amps, and the circuit breaker is generally a 15 amp breaker. This is not universally true, some fairly new homes use 20 amp circuits in the bathrooms & kitchen. But an 1875 watt hairdryer on a 15 amp circuit is really slightly overloading that circuit.

Power (watts) = voltage x current (amps.) Voltage is 120 volts, so doing the math an 1875 watt dryer at 120 volts is actually drawing 15.625 amps all on its own - with NOTHING else plugged into the same circuit. Sometimes at home you can actually feel the outlet & plug area getting warm after running one of those dryers for a few minutes. I'm not positive what the service is on cruise stateroom outlets, but its a good guess that its a 15 amp circuit also.

So, not trying to say don't take your own hairdryer (because nobody would listen to me anyway! :D) but be aware, don't try to use anything else when they're plugged in, and don't leave them on high any longer than necessary.