Pros and cons of purchasing drink packages??

Monarch523

Hey folks,

Ok so the basics. Do I like to drink? Yes. If I find a cocktail and a bartender that I think is the absolute best I will probably get a few however I like daquiris and it just seems that other than wine and beer the drink package that Carnival has (Cheers Program) only benefits that selection. Is it worth buying a package for daquiris or just purchase them each time around.....?

The answer varies. The cost of the package. The cost of the drinks you will have. The number of each type drink you will consume. Without that info, you can't say whether the package is good for you.

Also, some lines require all adults in a cabin to buy the package if one does.

The answer varies. The cost of the package. The cost of the drinks you will have. The number of each type drink you will consume. Without that info, you can't say whether the package is good for you.

Also, some lines require all adults in a cabin to buy the package if one does.

Hmmmm....your right. You brought up good points that I didn't think of. I just figured if I'm in the mood for one then I'd get one.....but if I end up having 6 daiquiris through out my day at 10.00 a pop there's $60 bucks right there! Hmmmm.......gotta think about that. And yes Carnival does make every adult (over 21) in the room purchase a package.....luckily I'm the only adult:rolleyes: Thank you!!

Also, take into consideration the number of port days....you will be less likely to drink as much on days when you're OFF the ship!

AAAHHHHH I didn't think about that either!!! This is only my second cruise so compared to you guys I have ALOT to learn:)