Has Anyone Seen These Tips?

awhcruiser

I don't do souvenir shirts - or if I get one it is used as PJs - but I do not see anything wrong with them. It is that they don't fit me right not about the design/logo etc.

As for Hawaiian shirts on an Alaska cruise - I think that would be awesome :D

I'm pretty sure in the 80's when my kids were little ages 1,2,and 3 I had a fanny pack. Sure was handy, hands free. But like a previous poster I got a cross body and never looked back.

My family wears port t shirts all the time. Go a head and judge us. We are having fun and we don't care.

Don't use the bathrobes.

Really don't like to see speedos but then a lot of people don't look good in bikini's. Me included.

Pretty sure my family is someones conversation starter :)

• 4 weeks later...

The bathrobe one is my favorite , I have a brother in law and yikes even my sister want to ware the bathrobe to the pool and at resorts to the pool :0. PLease no....

I just can't do that, sorry ..... In fact I don't even request the robes for our cabin when we cruise.

Cori

Edited by Cori

I was just in FL and on the spur-of-the-moment. The DH, DB, and SIL, and I decided to get a room and spend the night at a hotel on the beach in Daytona. the DH and DB went to a drugstore and about us all a toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste for $1 each. The SIL and I went into one of those tacky t-shirt places and we bought cheap, way over-sized t-shirts that had "I survived Spring Break in Daytona Beach" printed on them. We all used them to sleep in and wore them over our jeans and shorts driving home the next day. When we drove up to my parent's house and they saw us they cracked up. We all laughed so hard and it will be a memory that I'll never forget. We had soooo much fun! I'm now using my t-shirt to sleep in as it reminds me of that fun day.:D

I believe this would be a cruising, fashion tip "no no" but who cares! LOL!

AWWW, but he looks so cute in it! :D

I think my husband has the same shirt! He wears Hawaiian print shirts on cruises, which I don't mind, but we haven't cruised Alaska for a long time.

He also has a lot of tees he's bought all over the world with logos/pictures on them and wears them all the time. I never do, partly because they just don't fit and look horrible on me, mostly I just don't like them.

He often wears some of his (many) Nebraska Husker shirts and gets lots of comments from people both on the ship and in port--always friendly comments.

I hate seeing bathrobes (or worse, pj's) out and about on the ship or hotels, don't think Speedos are attractive on anyone, and most people really don't look good in string bikinis either.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

Many years ago on our second cruise there was an older woman at the pool on an "at sea" day. She had on a moo-moo and her hair was in curlers. Yes, the pink ones! Nothing to cover them up. We laughed so hard, and of course, we took a picture so we'd have that memory forever. She'll never know!;)

You never know what you're going to see on a cruise these days!:eek: It doesn't affect me though. It is kind of sad that a lot of people on cruises these days don't seem to take pride in how they present themselves to the world. Going to the buffet late at night with wet hair, a white bathrobe, and bedroom slippers, which I've actually seen for myself, to me is about as big a slob as you can get. In no way is that even remotely acceptable attire for anyplace other than your room, pool, or spa...not walking to and from the spa...in the spa. JMHO. :p