Virgin Gorda Tour - HELP PLEASE!!!!

seaserpent

:confused: Can someone help me? I am interested in going to/on the tour that Carnival has to Virgin Gorda in September. Let me get right to the point. I am way overweight and way out of shape. I have heard it's a great trip once you get onto the beach. I have heard that you need to go down rickety stairs, etc. Nowhere to hold onto and come back the same way. I'd like to give this a whirl but not at risk of limb or life. I understand there is no "easy" way to get down and up? Is this true? If so....I will just hang around Tortola. These past few cruises I have bell dived. Swam with the dolphins and went kayaking for the first time. (and last) The kayaking laid me up for a couple of days with aches and pains. I loved it. I'm never doing it again. What do you think. be honest. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks to EVERYONE.

S:(

The stairs aren't "rickety", they are mostly wooden steps dug into the ground. There is sand scattered around on rock steps which can be slippery. There are NO railings, but some rocks to grab onto. If you are REALLY out of shape you liklely wouldn't enjoy the boulder / pool trail between the two beaches. It required a fair amount of agility to get through.

All the above being said....There were many old, overweight and out of shape folks on the tour with us who made it just fine. (I know you never mentioned old....just pointing out the others I saw). The Baths were beautiful and were one of the highlights of our cruise.

I consider myself somewhat overweight and out of shape and I would do it again in a heartbeat. If you check out the link to my photos in my signature, the photos labled DAY4011 through DAY4039 are from our excursion to Virgin Gorda and The Baths.

I hope this helps some.

K

There are other helpful hints about Virgin Gorda on the Thread - Caribbean-Other.

We were there last Nov . We organized a tour with 20+ from chatting on Cruise Critic for a tour through http://www.smithsferry.com. We did ferry, bus and lunch tour.

They charged $3pp to go down to the beach. It is going to be hot, so if you take your time going down and let the faster people go ahead you can do it. I saw a lady with a cane go down. Wear water shoes in the water as there are huge boulders in the water which are slippery. My husband (6ft 1in and 250 lbs and not fit) and sister went through the boulders to the other beach. He had scratches on his back. They said the other beach was nicer. They have a few paid lockers. They charge if you want to shower off after swimming. A small bar, snackbar also on the beach. No chairs. There is a bar, restaurant, and souvenir shop at the top. Leave yourself plenty of time to get back to the top. Bring bottle water with you.

Archived