Carnival Freedom March 8-16 - Just Back

ColKlink

Will be on the Freedom on May 18th (6 nite cruise) wish it were for 8 nites as my prior Freedom cruises were. Couldn't go wrong with the price of this cruise, only $475.00 for single occupancy for a cabin with 2 porthole windows. Just for some particular cruises Carnival allowed solo occupancy rates. Was very surprised when it was time to make final payment and was told I didn't owe anything and since I already had a $500.00 deposit I was refunded $25.00.

On my prior 8 day cruises on The Freedom the 8 day rate was cheaper than they are now. Back then we went to Costa Rica and Limon,Panama. My agent told me the Aruba itineraries are more expensive. I once spent 3 nites in Aruba and loved it. I would not want to go to Aruba and only spend less than a day there. Too bad a port stop in Aruba couldn't be for at least2 days even if it mean't giving up one other port. If that were the case I would be willing to pay more for the cruise even more than I used to pay for their other 8 day cruises.

Even so I am looking forward to my 6 day cruise in May and my 7 nite cruise on the Glory in November. I have been on 26 Carnival cruises since 1987 and have loved every one of them.

Will be on the Freedom on May 18th (6 nite cruise) wish it were for 8 nites as my prior Freedom cruises were. Couldn't go wrong with the price of this cruise, only $475.00 for single occupancy for a cabin with 2 porthole windows. Just for some particular cruises Carnival allowed solo occupancy rates. Was very surprised when it was time to make final payment and was told I didn't owe anything and since I already had a $500.00 deposit I was refunded $25.00.

On my prior 8 day cruises on The Freedom the 8 day rate was cheaper than they are now. Back then we went to Costa Rica and Limon,Panama. My agent told me the Aruba itineraries are more expensive. I once spent 3 nites in Aruba and loved it. I would not want to go to Aruba and only spend less than a day there. Too bad a port stop in Aruba couldn't be for at least2 days even if it mean't giving up one other port. If that were the case I would be willing to pay more for the cruise even more than I used to pay for their other 8 day cruises.

Even so I am looking forward to my 6 day cruise in May and my 7 nite cruise on the Glory in November. I have been on 26 Carnival cruises since 1987 and have loved every one of them.

i am considering this one myself. Only all they have left for solos is a supersaver rate of 399 total 500 with taxes and fees and they assign your cabin.

Freedom does have an Adult pool in the back, it is very nice. The pizza place is there also (very convenient).

The Serenity area was very nice. I was thoroughly impressed with the furniture and how comfortable it was on the serenity deck.

The volume on the Lido was no problem. The ship was full and we always were able to get chairs everyday. Carnival has upped their game, there were many activities going on throughout the ship at the same time. This helped control the crowds on the popular places like the Lido deck. I also love having my cabin on the Lido deck, very convenient.

Klink

wondering if they are going to lose the adult pool when the upgrades are added ... anyone know??

wondering if they are going to lose the adult pool when the upgrades are added ... anyone know??

I don't think so. They made no mention of touching the back pool. In all actuality it is very nice back there and I would not spend money on it, it doesn't need it.

Klink

Thank you for the video!!! It was awesome!:D:D

Ok, so now I have a few questions for you.......:rolleyes:

1. Where did you guys do those side by side tubes being pulled? Looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

2. How was the Seavis tour to the island? Nice beach? We don't snorkel.

3. On Palm Beach, did you go to a specific hotel?

We are doing this itinerary on the Breeze, in July, and I am really struggling with shore excursions. We are pretty much just beach people.

Turks and Caicos, we are fine with, as we've been there, and just planning on splitting our day between Margaritaville and Jack's Shack.

Everything else? Throwing me for a loop:confused::confused:

Thank you!!!!!

FYI, Aruba has a great public bus that is just across the street from where you get off the ship. It's $1.25 or so per person to ride to the beach. We had to meet our excursion there. I don't remember which hotel was close by, but we just walked through the lobby and walked down the beach until we found a place to sit and get a drink. :D. Beautiful beaches.

Not likely. Liberty still had the adults-only aft pool and hot-tubs after her FunShip 2.0 upgrades. Hoping it's the same deal with Freedom.

Wow..great video, I wanna be your kid! :D

Loved Aruba and Curaçao. Immediately recognized those places..so beautiful.

Thanks, my kids are lucky. I never went to such exotic places as a kid.

Times have changed.

Klink

random question but I uploaded a video with a song and they pulled it off because I was using copyright video. However I notice on your video there is a link to purchase your song you are using and I'm wondering if I did that would they still smack me down?

how did you add that option to your comment section?

random question but I uploaded a video with a song and they pulled it off because I was using copyright video. However I notice on your video there is a link to purchase your song you are using and I'm wondering if I did that would they still smack me down?

how did you add that option to your comment section?

I can only speak from my past experience and research. Basically if you have bought the song from a credible source like Itunes you should be okay. I believe you tube has a way of tracking the info on a song that is uploaded. Any song downloaded by Itunes has all the information filled in on it digitally. Also make sure that you credit the artist and where you downloaded the song from in your notes. If you have done all these things then your video should not be taken down. They are worried about piracy and copyright infringement.

Adding notes into the comment section is easy. Go back to your video on Itunes after you log in and you should be able to click on a comment section where you can add comments to it.

I hope this helps,

Klink

Thank's for the memories. Been on the Freedom twice now and did this cruise once. Looking at a B2B on her next year after the upgrades. Great ship with a great crew.

I am jealous, the Freedom was a great ship.

Enjoy!