Child moving DOWN in Camp Carnival

Mandy923

I'm sure this has been asked, and answered before- but the search function on here, is really not very good, compared to other forums I belong to. So, my apologies in advance.

My question:

Can a newly turned 10yr old, stay in the 6-9 group? Looking at a cruise where my son will be 10yrs and 1 month. I know my 2 children will want to stay together in Camp. Will they allow this?

THank you

Edited by Mandy923

I'm sure this has been asked, and answered before- but the search function on here, is really not very good, compared to other forums I belong to. So, my apologies in advance.

My question:

Can a newly turned 10yr old, stay in the 6-9 group? Looking at a cruise where my son will be 10yrs and 1 month. I know my 2 children will want to stay together in Camp. Will they allow this?

THank you

It's not allowed very often and the fact that it's your son who has aged out of the group makes it even less likely.

They are pretty strict about the age limits for the protection of the younger end of the spectrum........but you can ask the camp counselors and it's ultimately their decision.

When I was 8 (13 now) a kid that was in my class was in the same ship and he was 9 and he was able to stay in with me. I think his mom while filling out the info sheet just wrote him down as 8.

Edited by cris0716

When I was 8 (13 now) a kid that was in my class was in the same ship and he was 9 and he was able to stay in with me. I think his mom while filling out the info sheet just wrote him down as 8.

The counselors have the ages of all the kids eligible for the kid's clubs. Your friend was allowed because there was room in the club and your friend was good.

There is a certain child/counselor ratio that cannot be gone over. Just like any other daycare situation.

Glad it won't be a problem for you now but I just wanted to add that my 15 or 14 can't remember yo nephew was moved up with no problem, wasn't even a issue. Requested by his mother. At 6', purple mohawk and piercings and size 13 shoe he wouldn't fit in with the 12 year olds..(don't judge...lol..he gets STRAIGHT A's and wants to be a LPN)

On our last cruise, at registration, the counselor offered to let my DD (9) move down to stay with her 7 and 8 year old cousins without us even inquiring. We didn't do it though as she is outgoing and enjoys making new friends. I thought it was nice of the counselor to give us the option.

Glad it won't be a problem for you now but I just wanted to add that my 15 or 14 can't remember yo nephew was moved up with no problem, wasn't even a issue. Requested by his mother. At 6', purple mohawk and piercings and size 13 shoe he wouldn't fit in with the 12 year olds..(don't judge...lol..he gets STRAIGHT A's and wants to be a LPN)

LOL..we are getting so many more tatoos etc. as a society..

And his desire is wonderful..never out of work..can always add to his education and sooo needed. I will never forget needing help and getting used to more guys as help in the hospital when sick....and have worked in one myself. And all in pain really appreciate the better lifts up in bed..men make fabulous co-workers in this profession..God bless him and his goal.:)

Edited by sjn911