My Take on Magic Cuchina de Capitano

I'm actually disappointed to hear this. Pretty much all the reviews I've read on this restaurant have been rave reviews. We went ahead and booked it for breeze cruise in July. Hoping we won't be disappointed. At least it's only 12.50 a person. Otherwise I'd be really upset. Lol

We were on the Magic in December and February. We had eaten at Cuchina de Capitano on the Breeze, and it was very good. In December, we made reservations and then we tried the meatballs at the taste bar, and they were tough and not very good. We canceled our reservations. In Feb., we were tired of the dining room food so we decided to give it a try. The food, to our surprise, was very good. It was really some of the best chicken parmesan I have ever had.

We were on the Magic in December and February. We had eaten at Cuchina de Capitano on the Breeze, and it was very good. In December, we made reservations and then we tried the meatballs at the taste bar, and they were tough and not very good. We canceled our reservations. In Feb., we were tired of the dining room food so we decided to give it a try. The food, to our surprise, was very good. It was really some of the best chicken parmesan I have ever had.

Very happy to hear this!!! :D

I've heard the same about the chicken Parmesan. :)

We were on the Magic in January and loved the Cucina! It is the best place to go on embarkation day for lunch. No fighting the crowds on the lido and it is free for lunch. We ate dinner there as well and really enjoyed it. The night we were there we sat near a large table consisting of the Captain and the senior officers. If you go for lunch and they have the lasagna do yourself a favor and order it. They use the short ribs to make it and it is amazing.

That was my favorite restaurant on the Sunshine. I could h have eaten there every night. That said, different chefs could result in a different experience.

Jim

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Just got off the oil spill delayed Magic and was curious how many of you liked the Cuchina de Capitano ? We are not fancy eaters or anything, but in our experience it was not as good as the MDR. Just wondering how many really liked it ?

It is a good, fun, meal. We have done it on the Magic and Breeze and very much enjoyed it. This coming from an area where Italian restaurants rule supreme.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It was not worth the extra $$, and felt sorry for the little gal that had to sing the stupid song about the wine. Felt so bad for her we bought the wine. On top of that the night we ate there the captain, cruise director and many if not all the top officers came in and we became a second thought.