NCL debit card with no benefits

coaster

Ok, I just read the other thread and although I still don't know why people that didn't know about the other thread acted the way they did

Probably because even without knowing that OP had gotten the answers already two years ago, OP's claims of somebody scamming them to act as a walking billboard are rubbish.

The card they have is from collection where BoA customers can express their loyalty to a sports team, company, association, etc and there are no benefits involved on any of the cards. It's exactly the same as here in Europe in several countries people can order different types of payment cards with completely custom picture of their choice.

Also if somebody goes as far as ordering a new card, they should really be aware of the cards terms and conditions in advance, not after.

Sorry, but you're not paying close enough attention.

What you got was the NCL CREDIT Card, which indeed has rewards associated with it. What the OP has is a BofA checking account with an NCL branded DEBIT card.

Two different animals.

Yes and no, doesn't BOA charge the merchant everytime a debit card used? I "think" the charges to the merchant are same or very close when using a credit card or a debit card, 2.5-3% of the amount. So yes, using a BOA NCL debit card should get you benefits, ala the BOA NCL branded credit card. I know, even though I very rarely use my debit card, at my bank I do get points when I do. I always charge and payoff on my credit card (NCL) I know there are better cards out there, and I do use them and I do sign up for their one time bonus points of various cards. Still my go to is the BOA CC.

I can think of at least 5 very good reasons, in as many seconds, to not use a debit card and none of those reasons are "free promotion for the logo company". Your cardholder agreement will inform you as to what perks, benefits, loyalty rewards, or consumer protections your card will have.

Yes and no, doesn't BOA charge the merchant everytime a debit card used? I "think" the charges to the merchant are same or very close when using a credit card or a debit card, 2.5-3% of the amount. So yes, using a BOA NCL debit card should get you benefits, ala the BOA NCL branded credit card. I know, even though I very rarely use my debit card, at my bank I do get points when I do. I always charge and payoff on my credit card (NCL) I know there are better cards out there, and I do use them and I do sign up for their one time bonus points of various cards. Still my go to is the BOA CC.

It's easy to jump online and read the BofA offer for the debit card. It does not have the rewards that the credit card does, no matter if you think it should.

Regardless, it is a pretty safe bet that OP was expecting the same rewards that are offered to NCL credit card holders, which, as stated, is not the case.

What a funny read, especially after the 2 year old link surfaced.

I have the NCL worldpoints Mastercard CREDIT card. I use it for EVERYTHING except the mortgage payment. I pay all bills (cell, tv, power, water, etc.), gas, and food with it. I purchase things for bonus points online throught the world points mall. I've already redeemed $1k cash back from it over a span of 2.5 years. It's a good card with no annual fee.

The way I see it is if I'm going to spend the money anyway, get a card with some sort of rewards and just use it for everything and pay it off with the funds (you shouldn't be using because you're swiping the credit card) in your checking account at the end of the month.

I'm curious as to how much you think NCL should "pay" you for using the branded debit card?

I'm done with this thread. Points. OP would expect points. What is hard to understand?

To OP, if you aren't getting points, switch to a bank that offers debit cards with a rewards program.

• 3 weeks later...

I was not going to respond at first. I have been on this board almost 14 years. Many that replied never heard of NCL before the freestyle marketing gimmick. I will reply shortly. Might not be pretty.

Quick answer is I now know the NCL debit card is useless after original post. Bank of America

branch could not tell me benefits when I spotted card in brochure of co-branded cards that were shown. I just expected points like post made clear above. Thanks for NCL corporate to respond almost 2 years ago. Just was looking for opinions on whether it was worth going back to non-branded cards since there are no perks. Two different posts. Research all you want.

Edited by coaster