Changing cabins

Does anyone know how it works if you'd like to change cabins within the same category? We are booked on the FOS next month, and I noticed tonight that the cabin I really wanted is now available. It's the same category, but the listed price is now more than I paid when I booked a few months ago. Is it simple to switch, do you have to pay the difference in the rate?

Thanks so much!

If it's the same category/class, you should not be charged to change. Did you book through RCCL or a TA? Some agents do charge you a change fee, so you might want to check. RCCL does not charge if you booked through the cruise line.

If it's the same category/class, you should not be charged to change. Did you book through RCCL or a TA? Some agents do charge you a change fee, so you might want to check. RCCL does not charge if you booked through the cruise line.

We booked through a discount online site, I will try calling Royal and see what they say.

We booked through a discount online site, I will try calling Royal and see what they say.

Don't bother. The online site owns your booking so they would need to call for you. The cruiseline won't speak with you directly.

You can courtesy hold the cabin until your agent opens. They can then conference both Royal and yourself and get it switched. I have done this many times. Good luck!

Happy sailing, Candy

Edited by canrubu

This is one down side to booking with a travel agent. You cannot call rccl for a change. Everything must be done through your travel agent. Contact them to do it there should not be a charge.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies, looks like my first call should be to the 'agent'.

I just moved cabins in the same category through a TA. Time is of the essence so insist on speaking to anyone at the agency willing to help you NOW, don't accept a response for a call back as the cabin may not be available. Take anyone who will assist at the agency who will get you that cabin and if your call goes to your TA's voicemail call back immediately for anyone to assist you. You should know when I did this I lost some of my perks.

If you find a cabin you want to switch to (by using the RCI book now online) - put a FREE 24 hour hold on it immediately. THEN call your TA - and while on the phone cancel the hold - the room will show up and your TA can book it.

I think there should be a clause that if the Travel Agency is closed Royal can assist you with your reservation. What if the agent goes away for awhile or just plain forgets about you. Royal should allow the customer to do whatever he or she pleases especially since Royal Caribbean is paid directly.

There needs to be a way to make changes when the travel agent is out of the office or out of the country. My point is not all agencies have enough support staff to handle changes whereas the large cruise lines have desks that support the customer and the travel agent.

I think there should be a clause that if the Travel Agency is closed Royal can assist you with your reservation. What if the agent goes away for awhile or just plain forgets about you. Royal should allow the customer to do whatever he or she pleases especially since Royal Caribbean is paid directly.

There needs to be a way to make changes when the travel agent is out of the office or out of the country. My point is not all agencies have enough support staff to handle changes whereas the large cruise lines have desks that support the customer and the travel agent.

That's why I book myself. However, if I was not familiar with cruise line I might book with a travel agent.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk