Carnival Liberty BOOKED!

BigAlexC

As we get closer lets set something up since we will be neighbors and all! I'm looking at your signature and see you sailed the dream on 2/06. Was that out of Port Canaveral also? We sailed the Sensation the same day out of that port.

I have done a Aft cabin on the Disney Dream and like people say, you only feel the vibration when docking at ports. Not a big deal for us. These rooms look HUGE! Looking forward to those drinks!

As we get closer lets set something up since we will be neighbors and all! I'm looking at your signature and see you sailed the dream on 2/06. Was that out of Port Canaveral also? We sailed the Sensation the same day out of that port.

Yup that was out of Port Canaveral. We were hit with that surprise cold front that morning. We definitely should set something up. Are you guys driving to port the same day?

Yup that was out of Port Canaveral. We were hit with that surprise cold front that morning. We definitely should set something up. Are you guys driving to port the same day?

Gotta love coincidences like that! We will be driving to the Port the day of from Tampa. The Feb cruise was our 1st cruise out of this port and it couldn't have been any easier. I'll try and bring some extra goodies on board with me! ;)

We did this tour while in St. Thomas, It was nice two hours of shopping, a mini tour of the island and two at the beach. To us it was worth the 30 dollars. http://www.godfreytoursvi.com/

For Puerto Rico they had a trolly system that was free to use. I would say the forts were fun to walk around. At the time we went cost us 5 dollars for both forts.

My son and I really enjoyed the movies under the stars, they give out popcorn and blankets. Which was a nice touch.

Godfrey is another name that I see quite frequently! Thanks for the tip!

Yes we will be! Our ports are Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Got a crazy cheap rate out of Tampa, where I live, thanks to CC price drop updates! Victor Bodden is a name that I continue to find all over the CC forums. I will absolutely look into that! Thanks for the lead!

Okay, this helps. In Cozumel you should check out Nachi Cocum. Great day for relaxing. It's around $50 pp and that includes your chairs under an umbrella, your own bar waiter for the day, one appetizer, entrée, a dessert and whatever you'd like to drink all day. They have a pool and a hot tub. You can pay extra for a massage or paddle surfing. They also have a website, look up Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. It doesn't look like much when you drive in, but once you walk through the "door" you'll love it.

In Roatan Carnival has its own private area called Mohagony Bay and is very nice. Pictures of it and Nachi Cocum are in my pictures at the link in my signature. When we went to Belize in January we took a tour of the Mayan Ruins. We took the river tour, had lunch, then got on a bus to the ruins. You can do this backwards. The first time we went to Belize, we did cave tubing and loved that.

Check the ports of call board for other suggestions. These are great ports.

One tip about the Liberty...in the buffet there are some stairs...follow them up and you will come to the Fish & Chips. This is a great little place with great food. Not many people find it until later in the cruise, so at first you can have it almost to yourself!

Edited by Terre

Okay, this helps. In Cozumel you should check out Nachi Cocum. Great day for relaxing. It's around $50 pp and that includes your chairs under an umbrella, your own bar waiter for the day, one appetizer, entrée, a dessert and whatever you'd like to drink all day. They have a pool and a hot tub. You can pay extra for a massage or paddle surfing. They also have a website, look up Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. It doesn't look like much when you drive in, but once you walk through the "door" you'll love it.

In Roatan Carnival has its own private area called Mohagony Bay and is very nice. Pictures of it and Nachi Cocum are in my pictures at the link in my signature. When we went to Belize in January we took a tour of the Mayan Ruins. We took the river tour, had lunch, then got on a bus to the ruins. You can do this backwards. The first time we went to Belize, we did cave tubing and loved that.

Check the ports of call board for other suggestions. These are great ports.

One tip about the Liberty...in the buffet there are some stairs...follow them up and you will come to the Fish & Chips. This is a great little place with great food. Not many people find it until later in the cruise, so at first you can have it almost to yourself!

Great stuff Terre! I've looked through your pictures more than once and I will research your suggestions. Great tip about the ship as well! I will be sure to check out that area!

Congrats on booking! I set sail on her in 39 days :) She will be my first ship w/ the 2.0 upgrades and my first out of Port Canaveral. I haven't been to any of those islands yet so I can't help you there... Good luck and have a great time!

Enjoy! We've never been on a 2.0 ship OR a ship the size of the Liberty. we are looking forward to experiencing both! Bring back some stories to share!

Am booked on the same cruise..check out our roll call..just did the Dream last month and got rained out in St Maarten and missed Maho Beach to see the jets land so will be using Godfrey tours again for that...we also live in the Tampa area but drive over the day before and stay at the Comfort Inn...room,parking for duration of cruise,2 free drinks,breakfast and shuttle to the port and back...$110...cheaper than parking at the port! Already booked for August !

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Am booked on the same cruise..check out our roll call..just did the Dream last month and got rained out in St Maarten and missed Maho Beach to see the jets land so will be using Godfrey tours again for that...we also live in the Tampa area but drive over the day before and stay at the Comfort Inn...room,parking for duration of cruise,2 free drinks,breakfast and shuttle to the port and back...$110...cheaper than parking at the port! Already booked for August !

I'll confirm with our roll call today! That is a great rate for a room and parking! Is parking for an 8 day cruise truly included, with no extra charge? I've used Park n Cruise before but at $7.99 a day that is $72. Might as well throw in the extra money and stay at the port the night before. No way to get on the boat faster than that!

Yes...tho parking is somewhat limited...when I went to park my car the lot was full so they told me to just park in regular lot and had to hang a permit from the mirror...when we got back the shuttle stopped right at our car and the driver put the bags right in the trunk! The first shuttle is at 9 am and we were checked in and waiting in Platinum lounge by 9:30 and on board by 10:30! We hit a huge amount of traffic on I-4 and it took 4 hours to get there...was a relief not to have to rush to get to the ship!

Just got off the liberty yesterday! Almost all of the crew was fantastic! All the food coming out of Cantina was great! (tacos, breakfast burritos). Guys burgers are amazing...believe the hype! Diamond Steakhouse was top notch and the food and service couldn't have been better, all the way from the front door to dessert. They took excellent care of our party. The Mongolian Wok was good, however, in MY experiences over the last week, the line was constantly long and formed VERY quickly. Its very slow moving due to the cooking methods used, which is understandable. You can get anything on the Guys burger menu in a matter of 1-2 minutes however I waited in the wok line for an honest 25-30 min. BUT TRY IT FOR SURE! MDR staff was great and i thought the food was very well prepared! Cruise Director Brittany was FULL of energy and very informative.

Looks like you love you August cruises! I'm hoping the summer rush will be subsiding by the 22nd of August. How are your experiences with sailing around this time? Are the boats packed and what is the kid ratio like?

I like sailing at the end of August because I have kids and can only travel during summer months. August is not as hot and the prices are lower because kids in Florida start school mid August. It is during off peak time so not as crowded.