Prices of Fall Cruises

erby2283

Is it me, or are the prices of fall cruises (Oct, Nov, Dec) higher than they usually are? I love to cruise that time of year and usually can find a great price on a 7 day cruise (by great price I mean a balcony for around $550 excluding taxes and fees). Those seem to be few and far between this year. I was just curious if others had noticed this to be the case.

I have friends cruising on the Liberty on 8/30 and am hoping to join them but even an inside on that is running around $569 right now...and...well you know how us balcony people are...you must have one :) But I know August cruises are going to be more expensive than Fall cruises.

Edited by erby2283

Is it me, or are the prices of fall cruises (Oct, Nov, Dec) higher than they usually are? I love to cruise that time of year and usually can find a great price on a 7 day cruise (by great price I mean a balcony for around $550 excluding taxes and fees). Those seem to be few and far between this year. I was just curious if others had noticed this to be the case.

I have friends cruising on the Liberty on 8/30 and am hoping to join them but even an inside on that is running around $569 right now...and...well you know how us balcony people are...you must have one :) But I know August cruises are going to be more expensive than Fall cruises.

Prices seem higher to me too. I think it is optimism on Carnival's part. I've decided that last minute usually produces the best price unless you want to sail during a popular time like a holiday.

Prices seem higher to me too. I think it is optimism on Carnival's part. I've decided that last minute usually produces the best price unless you want to sail during a popular time like a holiday.

Early Saver in late October! :D

We'll see how it goes.

GP

I too have noticed how much higher the September prices are. We always cruise in September but we've never paid as much as we have for our b2b ES rate! I'm holding onto the hope that we will get at least one price drop!

It's not you. I am booked in September and have been checking on a regular basis looking for price drops only to see my fare $400 higher than what we paid:eek: Guess Carnival is trying to make up for the months they had to slash prices after all the PR issues the had to deal with.

I think some are priced higher to push people toward summer sailings and because so many of us booked great deals when they were allowing $50 deposits. I booked the Dream for Nov and our interior is up $400 total now. I am Early Saver so I am betting after the summer rush is over, we will see price drops again.

Well I received some kind of coupon in the mail - don't have it in front of me so I can't remember the exact details but it was for $100 off and a one-time upgrade(can't remember exactly what kind but I think it mentioned platinum) and a $150 OBC. I wonder if you could use this on an early saver? I do know I had to use it before 3/31....I'm tempted to use this on my friends 8/30 cruise on the early saver and then just be out the $50 if I end up not being able to go and need to cancel before final payment.

It's not you. I am booked in September and have been checking on a regular basis looking for price drops only to see my fare $400 higher than what we paid:eek: Guess Carnival is trying to make up for the months they had to slash prices after all the PR issues the had to deal with.

A price drop to put toward a Cheers package would be nice. :-)

We are booked on the Breeze Sept 13th sailing , interior SPA room our total including, taxes and port fees was $1754.00 for an 8 night/9 day for both of us! Which I thought was pretty darn good because I know if you book a regular inside cabin and then purchase the SPA package for the week it is about $379 per couple.

We booked in January and our rate went up $60.00. I am really hoping we get a price drop before September for OB credit!! We booked early saver. Normally we book very near cruise time, it is rare that we book a cruise vacation this far out! We live in Florida so we have many ports to choose from and easy access to most of them so we often book a cruise just a couple of months out or less. And yes, se usually cruise from Sept-mid December and always have gotten great deals.

OP...you are right. The prices are a lot higher than they usually have been in the past. That is why we booked Princess. It is actually a lot less expensive than the Liberty.:eek: Liberty inside Riviera is more than Ruby Princess inside Lido deck with our OBC's.:eek::eek:

Edited by ready2cruzagain