Silhouette Celebrity Suite.... make me feel better!

Cruizlovers

Hi When you say a secret is that you get 2 pages of Elite coupons, I presume this is if you are not Elite already? If you are Elite, do you receive any extra? The extra internet time would come in very helpful.

Cruizlovers: Thanks Terry and everyone for responding. I truly do now feel more confident that I picked the perfect cabin! Just a few more questions....I've read mixed answers about suite guests dining in Blu' date=' what's the scoop on that? Why is it so good?[/b'] Regarding the in room dining, do we get to order off a set menu or whatever is served in the MDR that evening? What are lunch offerings? So I assume that it would be OK if we ordered food for our adult son to join us although he will be in his own balcony cabin? This cruise is so far away but I already can't wait!! Again, thanks for all of your help. My mama always said that half the fun of a trip is planning for it... she was right!

For guernseycruiser, we had only done one Celebrity cruise previously, so we were not Elite. So that coupons were a super nice plus and real cost-saver for us. Liked it lots!!

For Cruizlovers, Blu is a smaller dining room with their own kitchen where things are more custom prepared. It's a nice change of pace for the larger, main dining room where most dishes are semi-mass produced. For room service in your Celebrity Suite, it can be off of the more limited room service menu or off of that day's MDR menu. Your son or somebody from another room will be able to join you in your suite where the Butler would serve you. Check with your Butler. Lunch should be possible. Get a couple of extra chairs for use at the larger round table on the balcony.

BUT, watch out for this type of visitor on your CS balcony. See our guest below in Sydney trying to help the staff do some "clean up"!!

Keep the good questions rolling along. Great sharing of info, experiences.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 47,748 views for this fun posting.

From our Solstice balcony on the port side, we had great and up-close views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the historic Rocks area. Plus, after our first breakfast there, here are views of an Aussie friend paying a nice visit to our dining table to help "clean up"!! Fun!!:

SydneyDepartSolstice22_zps7cb66258.jpg

SydneyDepartSolstice18_zpse98e33ec.jpg

When we sailed recently in a RS we received Elite-Plus coupons, even though we are "only" Elite.:D

Blu for breakfast is the best. It's a beautiful room, the service is intimate and excellent, and the food quality and variety is wonderful. On sea days, nothing beats a long, leisurely breakfast in Blu in a table for two by the window.:)

Wow!!! Lucky you!, we had a Royal Suite last summer on the Eclipse and only received the two pages of coupons that we were entitled as Elite members. A couple of years earlier we had a Celebrity suite on the Equinox and our butler gave us extra laundry coupons at the end of the cruise. We are booked on a RS on the Reflection in July, hope our butler is as nice as yours!!:)

Wow!!! Lucky you!, we had a Royal Suite last summer on the Eclipse and only received the two pages of coupons that we were entitled as Elite members. A couple of years earlier we had a Celebrity suite on the Equinox and our butler gave us extra laundry coupons at the end of the cruise. We are booked on a RS on the Reflection in July, hope our butler is as nice as yours!!:)

I don't think Elite plus started until late in 2013. So if your cruises were before the program changed, that would explain things. Previously I believe anyone who sailed in a major suite got the Elite coupons, now I bet they get Elite plus. Or, it could just be a random act of kindness :).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Hi we have booked a CS suite for Jan 4 2015 I have to work whilst we travel and due to the big time difference it is often at night or very early morning

Is the little desk as you come in the only one ? Does the walk in robe have power and something low I can you use as a desk ?

Kind Regards

Tony

1233 is an awesome cabin! the balcony is fabulous. We had this cabin for 10 days on Equinox January 2014. it was a hit during our cabin crawl because of the balcony.

i will try and post some pics.

you can you tube solstice class CS cabins. there is one that has a video of the large hump balcony

Edited by H2OH!

Just wanted some candid advise, please no snarkey comments ... :)

Just booked a CS on Silhouette for 2015 Transatlantic. Last year did a regular balcony on RCL on a TA and it was a bit tight.

This is a bit of a splurge but figured for 15 days it might be worth it. My question, have you had this suite on a TA and would you do it again? Was it worth the money to you? Were the perks worth it?

Frankly this was more than we ever paid for a suite, how is your experience on suites pricing coming down? Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

For 15 days I say it is worth it. We too paid a small fortune for 10 day cruise in a CS January 2014. If you spend time on the balcony to get get away from it all then absolutely worth it. If you spend alot of time by the pool, doing cruise activities etc then maybe not. DH and I always spend alot of time on the balcony especially there are alot of sea days and for itineraries we have done over and over again like the caribbean.

our cabin choice is itinerary (and budget) dependent. Europe, Alaska and all new itineraries we go for a balcony cabin (usually cc- at times a 1 A on the hump). If the cruise is port intensive we dont book a higher end suite unless the price comes down... way down which has not happened yet :)

for our sailing in january, the CS prices went up. There was a sale on a RS where we could have upgraded for $600 US total but kept our cabin due to size of balcony.

The bedroom not having access to a seaview was no problem for us. We laid on the large sofa and when ready for bed, off we went.

Have fun and enjoy your fabulous cabin!

Here a few photos of 1233 balcony...

This first photo is of my husband on our balcony. he is standing in the middle of the balcony.

2014vacations455_zps70be5f97.jpg

2014vacations455_zps70be5f97.jpg.htmlsun coming in both doors while jim sits on the balcony...

2014vacations678_zpsf77c89ac.jpg

2014vacations455_zps70be5f97.jpg

cruizlovers, I hope these pics help!

Greetings H2OH! from Texas! Thank you so much for posting those photos, I think these are actually among the best I've seen that shows how huge the balcony is. You know I'll be drooling over these for months to come. It really made us feel like we picked the perfect cabin and now we have to be patient for only 19 more months! Thanks to Cruise Critic I've learned that I can shorten that time by booking more cruises in between. Thanks also to Terry and to all who have posted, I hope these are helpful to future cruisers wondering about this cabin. Have a great week!

Love, love, love the CS. Especially on a TA. We first booked a CS on a TA and haven't looked back on booking a CS over and over:) The seperate living space is nice on sea days. One person can go take a nap while the other reads or watches a movie in the living room area. We leave in a couple of weeks for the next TA and are so looking forward to it! You won't be disappointed.

Also have dined in Blu and it is great. Not every night because we still enjoy the MDR, but it is a nice change every once in a while. Haven't tried the breakfast, but may do it this time:D

Enjoy your planning!

which picture?

After I posted this question, I realized it was probably a dumb one. For some reason I assumed it was on embarkation day and why weren't you on the ship with your husband. I just was wondering how you got the pic of your hubby on the balcony if you were on the ship.... Anyway dumb question, I know but that was my thought process at the time.... Must have still been thinking of all of the fun we'll have on our HUGE balcony in a mere 19 months!