Is room service an optional extra on cruises departing from Sydney?

I am looking thru the FAQs on the Carnival Australian website. It says room service is an optional extra and is not included in the fare. But reading from other posts in the forum, it sounds like room service is included in the US carnival cruises. Can someone who have been on Carnival Spirit or Legend from Sydney let me know? I will be cruising Legend from Sydney in December , thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by aleminggkk

On Spirit and Legend once it's in Aus they do charge for room service. It's only a few dollars (pizza was $5 I think, sandwiches $6) but no, not free.

I actually decided to walk upstairs and get my own free pizza one night instead of paying the $5 - but gave in another night toward the end of the cruise and ordered in from room service!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info. I probably will go for a walk to get pizza too.

What do you think of taking extra food e.g. a piece of fruit, muffin, from buffet back to my room for morning tea/snack? Rude or ok?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

While it may be 'free' in the US, that's also with the expectation that you tip the room service attendant.

Putting a charge on it just covers off the different cultures.

I didn't ask the original question but that actually makes sense now. Thanks.

Jenny.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

What do you think of taking extra food e.g. a piece of fruit, muffin, from buffet back to my room for morning tea/snack? Rude or ok?

Quite OK. A lot of people take food back to their cabins. This can be morning tea or even cheese & biscuits to have as a 'happy hour' snack.:)

I always took a muffin and tub of yoghurt from morning buffet back to our room, for my 3yo to eat as a snack during the day - no one gave me any strange looks so I guess lots of other people did it too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums