GEM - Embark Day Lunch?

eh24fan

Hey everyone!

We are on the Gem 4/5/14 and trying to avoid the buffet crowds for lunch. I know the MDR is open for lunch on embarkation day right? But what about Blue Lagoon? Any other options?

We just got off the Gem on Wednesday, and I don't think Blue Lagoon was open for lunch on embarkation day.

It was just Grand Pacific or Garden Café, unless you are in a suite - then you had the option of Cagney's.

Grand Pacific is the way to go!

Thanks! I didn't think it was open, but my 13 year old can't wait to get some of their wings and was hoping to make it his first stop. LOL Grand Pacific it is! I'm not fighting the crowds on day 1. :)

The Blue Lagoon is open. Don't tell anyone though. It's our favorite secret. I can't stand the buffet on embarkation day. You'd think people had never eaten. Jeesh.

It may be open on some ships but I've never seen it open on my fairly numerous sailings on the Gem, the most recent being earlier this month. Are you confusing the Blue Lagoon and the MDR (which is open)?

Edited by njhorseman

It may be open on some ships but I've never seen it open on my fairly numerous sailings on the Gem, the most recent being earlier this month. Are you confusing the Blue Lagoon and the MDR?

No. The Blue Lagoon was open on both of our Gem trips & on our Jewel cruise.

It looks closed most of the time & there is only one waiter but you can get food.

No. The Blue Lagoon was open on both of our Gem trips & on our Jewel cruise.

It looks closed most of the time & there is only one waiter but you can get food.

Yes, well when I've been on the Gem not only has it looked closed, it was closed, and didn't open until after the muster drill.

Edited by njhorseman