Do people use the pools on Alaska trips?

brittmama

We sailed on Holland Zaandam last summer in Alaska. There were very few people using the pool but they didn't always have the roof closed. When the roof was open, lido was too cool to swim but when it was closed, lido was warm and the water was warm. Wish I had gone in! The hot tubs had some people in them.

My dd was so excited when she saw pics of the pool on the Westerdam (which we will be on in Aug). She loves to swim and was so disappointed in the so called "pools" on the Disney Dream last year. So if you're on the Westerdam cruise from Seattle Aug 9 and see a girl in the pool it will probably be my dd. She is determined she will be in that pool!

We did an Alaska cruise in May many years ago.

We used the hot tub every day. We swam in the pool on several days, but not all.

A few other passengers told me that they wished they had brought their bathing suits, but thought it would be too cold. But a bathing suit doesn't take up too much room - so bring it!

I have used the pools and/or hot tubs on every one of my 6 Alaskan cruises, both indoor and outdoor.

This was our sail away from Seattle in 2012:

526504_4273865442338_1376214889_n.jpg

I particularly like the adult-only spa pool on Princess. It's not covered, but protected from the wind on the sides:

427550_4273820401212_70497514_n.jpg

Here's our first sea day out of Seattle in 2010:

40778_1575877514326_6912298_n.jpg

I actually got a bit of a sunburn that day, despite using sunscreen.

When we took my kids in 2011, one or more of them were in the pools or hot tubs every single day.

Bring your bathing suit! It doesn't take up much room, and you never know when you might get great weather!

We went in early May 2009 and honestly, we used the pool and hot tubs (including one outdoors). Thankfully the pool was covered (as it will be on our upcoming Princess cruise) so we do plan on swimming in the pool and using the hot tubs.

From what I've seen, Princess posts the temperature of its pools on TVs around the ships, so hopefully that'll help me decide if I want to bear with the cold Alaska air to enjoy a hot tub outside! It was quite an experience...but the water was luke-warm and it was FREEZING when you had to go back into the ship.

I'm excited about our Alaska cruise in June. I'm going to bring a swim suit with after hearing everything. I may or may not use it, but I'm excited to just be on a cruise. If anything we will hit up the hot tubs.

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

I will be on the Miracle the first week of June going to Alaska. Do people use the pools? I know this is a silly question, but I have never been there and I don't know how cold it may be.

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Absolutely- there is the indoor one in the Solarium and also they heat the water in the outside ones and my grandson and i had great fun swimming in the outside one last June on RCCL while watching a Shrek movie on the big outside screen. Great fun!