Honolulu and Vancouver Transfers

maryanne356

Sailing on the Radiance of the Seas on April 27, 2014. Anyone know if there is a van service for transfers at each port from the airport to ship in Honolulu and ship to airport in Vancouver. I think the $61.75 per person seems like a lot of money.

Thanks,

Mary Anne

Actually all taxis, regardless of whether it's a Prius or a minivan, are the same price in Vancouver - mileage & wait time costs are dictated by local bylaws. Unless traffic is truly outrageous the total fare should be under $40 from pier to airport - a towncar from a limo service would be c.$60.

Sailing on the Radiance of the Seas on April 27, 2014. Anyone know if there is a van service for transfers at each port from the airport to ship in Honolulu and ship to airport in Vancouver. I think the $61.75 per person seems like a lot of money.

Thanks,

Mary Anne

In Vancouver $4/each will get you from Waterfront Station (3 blocks from Canada Place cruise terminal) to the airport on the Skytrain Canada Line [elevated and subway light rail]. Exit Canada Place, walk one block ahead (to your left) past the 1st Skytrain entrance (which is to the Millenium and Expo lines which don't to the airport), turn left on Cordova St and Waterfront Station is the big brick building on your left a block and a half straight ahead. If you're comfortable rolling your own luggage, this is the way to go in my opinion.

There is an airport shuttle that operates from Canada Place but it is very much a milk run to various hotels along the way and costs $15 pp. For my money a taxi is the way to go if only from a convenience point of view and to see a bit of the city on the way out to YVR.

• 2 months later...
Actually all taxis, regardless of whether it's a Prius or a minivan, are the same price in Vancouver - mileage & wait time costs are dictated by local bylaws. Unless traffic is truly outrageous the total fare should be under $40 from pier to airport - a towncar from a limo service would be c.$60.

Can anyone recommend a reputable and reliable limo service in YVR?

Can anyone recommend a reputable and reliable limo service in YVR?

If you mean from the airport, you have a choice of one - Aerocar are the only authorised car service at YVR. If you're using YVR to refer to the city of Vancouver in general, I can't offer any personal opinion on other limo companies I'm afraid, as I've only ever used one from the airport - for what it's worth, Aerocar was just fine. Clean, new vehicles and the prices are openly listed on their website without anything hidden.

Thanks for the information. I need to confirm with aerocar whether the limo will accommodate the 5 of us plus all of our luggage. Probably max 10 pieces. Aerocar seems the most affordable sedan/limo service for our needs.

Sedan definitely won't - seats for four only.

I could have sworn that they used to list a 6-pax as well as the 8-pax limos. Now it seems to be just a 'large SUV' and 8 pax limo since they updated their rates last month.

If you don't mind splitting your party you could simply take 2 cabs - with 10 suitcases even a minivan cab won't fit all of you and your baggage.

Metered rather than fixed-rate, but at ballpark $35 to downtown it's usually a little cheaper for 2 cabs vs. 1 larger-than-sedan-limo... and whoever gets into the second taxi can actually use the immortal line "Follow that cab!" ;-)

Sedan definitely won't - seats for four only.

I could have sworn that they used to list a 6-pax as well as the 8-pax limos. Now it seems to be just a 'large SUV' and 8 pax limo since they updated their rates last month.

Yes, they used to list a 6 pax limo, I noticed the change last evening as well. I am not at all certain that 6 pax with luggage with luggage would fit in a SUV as the 3rd rear seat would have to be used and with that a lot of luggage space would be used. I guess it is a question that could be asked of AeroCar.