Second Guessing My Cruise Decision

Dancin85

A husband who is a outdoor guy would love the Panama Canal, central Amercia. But anything less than 15 days is only not a full transit of the canal which is absolutely a wonder of the world. Nevertheless, stopping at Colon Panama and taking the train or ferry through the whole canal would be second best. If you stop in Costa Rica or Gautemala lots of out door tours to do: volcanos, rain forests, zip lines, coffee plantations, river tours, snorkling, etc.

I would go to the port of call forum: Panama and post there also for more tips about ahe 11 day itinerary.

I think you will both have a great annivesary cruise.

My sentiments exactly.....

Depends upon what you are trying to accomplish - remember, you hope that he enjoys cruising first and that he enjoys a specific cruise line second. That is a difficult challenge.

I always recommend that fist time cruisers choose a shorter itinerary. If they absolutely hate it, they haven't got to endure it for very long. If they love it, which you hope, they will be more than eager to book another cruise. Look at your first cruise as a "tester" cruise.

We have discovered that we love cruising, but always discover that around day 5 on the ships we are ready to get off. And that is even after cruising port intensive itineraries like the Caribbean. It took us several cruises to discover that we think that the problem is that we haven't yet discovered the right cruise line. Selecting the right cruise line is very important to your enjoyment of any cruise.

I couldn't fathom taking an 11 day cruise right now, but that is because we haven't found the right cruise line yet for an 11 day cruise. We are not beach or water enthusiasts either, but have been known to spend a couple of hours on the beach, but 11 days? No way. I wouldn't even consider it.

My DH wasn't really impressed until we started cruising the Med and Adriatic. We are not beach people, but were so inclined when we were younger. Now it is all about seeing and doing things. Now my DH loves the fact that the bed and food travel with him. He is a picky eater, so knowing the ship is there really helps him cruise. Also, he loves to ski and I love to travel, so it works out great for us. We do things that the other one feels is important to them. It sounds like your hubby is an avid hunter like a friend of ours...let him get a little taste of a cruise where he can stay busy and search out things to do on the ship. There is a big difference IMHO between a Caribbean cruise and Europe! Seeing things on ship just makes you want to return for a land cruise or do both together.:)

It would help if DH would give me some input other than...."whatever makes you happy" and "I have no way to decide what I'd like or not like on a cruise".

He is giving you input. He said pick a cruise that makes you happy.

He'll be happy if you're happy. Just be sure to tell him and show him how happy you are that he is with you on the 35th anniversary cruise.

That being said be sure to take very good care to protect his skin during the cruise with regular rub downs with the lubricant of your choice (sunscreen, baby oil, almond oil) and you won't have any problems with him on whatever cruise you choose.

He is giving you input. He said pick a cruise that makes you happy.

He'll be happy if you're happy. Just be sure to tell him and show him how happy you are that he is with you on the 35th anniversary cruise.

That being said be sure to take very good care to protect his skin during the cruise with regular rub downs with the lubricant of your choice (sunscreen, baby oil, almond oil) and you won't have any problems with him on whatever cruise you choose.

Excellent advice! Candycaramel knows what she is talking about!

Have only been married to my DH for 4 years and hope and pray we are lucky enough to have 35 years together. Congratulations!

It's exactly right that you must give positive feedback throughout the cruise that you are having a fantastic time and are so grateful to be married to your wonderful husband who takes you on such a fabulous trip. That alone will make things worthwhile for him. But in managing his daily schedule it sounds like you picked a great cruise itinerary given your time frame and embarkation port requirements. Relax, research your ports of call and have a fantastic time!

Have you ever 2nd guessed yourself on the cruise you booked?

DH is a land lover. Avid hunter almost year round. Fishes sometimes. Drag races. He is NOT a water or beach person BUT for our 35th Anniversary he told me to book a cruise, since I've always wanted to go on one with him.

I went with a friend years ago on the NCL Spirit. Loved it.

I have booked the Equinox for the 11 day Central America/Panama cruise in December (yes, DH told me he'd miss some of hunting season to go on a cruise with me. I may keep him another 35 years).

Now I am having second thoughts. For his 1st cruise, it may be a bit long. Several friends that cruise, and know DH, agree that he may be climbing the walls before it is over. And I definitely want him to have fun so he will want to cruise again, again, and again :)

I definitely want to leave out of Fort Lauderdale/Miami area, and there are several shorter options. 5-9 days but 5 days will be tooooo short for me. Late October to mid December.

The Constellation, Silhouette, Infinity, and Reflection would all fit in the 7-9 days and the time of year.

My TA said I can move my deposit. I also can upgrade to CC or AQ on one of these with the savings from the longer cruise.

The main thing is DH have a very good time. I can have a good time anytime I am on the water or beach. :D

Have you ever 2nd guessed yourself? and any suggestions????

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I had doubts on our first. My DH is the same as yours. Always has to be doing something and not much of a reader. Our first cruise was 7 nights and he didn't think it was long enough! We did take a tour in every port. We are NOT beach people but we had a blast on the tours that were more active, but not the real stressful ones.

Last year we did a partial of the Panama Canal on an 11-night on the Equinox. It was on a small boat and was facinating.

And, he is offering to go....

Have a great trip with whatever you decide.

I had doubts on our first. My DH is the same as yours. Always has to be doing something and not much of a reader. Our first cruise was 7 nights and he didn't think it was long enough! We did take a tour in every port. We are NOT beach people but we had a blast on the tours that were more active, but not the real stressful ones.

Last year we did a partial of the Panama Canal on an 11-night on the Equinox. It was on a small boat and was facinating.

And, he is offering to go....

Have a great trip with whatever you decide.

The 11 night Equinox is what I have booked.

I just showed him some shorter cruise options...he said for me to stop 2nd guessing it. He said I picked right :D

Thank you all!!!!

So December 1 on the Equinox out of Ft. Lauderdale!