Questions - Fun Times and Your Time Dining

Hi

I'm sure the answers to my questions are probably here somewhere, but I can't find them. We're cruising for the first time on the Carnival Legend and I have two questions:

1. We've selected Your Time Dining as we want the flexibility, but I was wondering if anyone thinks there are better times than others to turn up for dinner and why?

2. I've seen a lot of people ask for the Fun Times from various ships to be posted. I was just wondering whether the Fun Times changes much from one sailing to the next. If I found the Fun Times for the ship we're on here, is it likely to be very similar when we sail in a few months time?

Thanks in advance for your help and all the advice that I've already read on other threads.

DSS

We've had our times all over the board because of our ever changing schedule. With that being said on our last cruise never waited more than 10 minutes for a table. I always planned it would be closer to 20-30, so in the end I was always pleased.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

For the dining, we always went between 5:45-6:15 with no wait and always had an open table with the waitstaff we requested. When we were leaving there was always a long line and people waiting for tables which was anywhere from 6:45-7:30.

Hi

2. I've seen a lot of people ask for the Fun Times from various ships to be posted. I was just wondering whether the Fun Times changes much from one sailing to the next. If I found the Fun Times for the ship we're on here, is it likely to be very similar when we sail in a few months time?

Thanks in advance for your help and all the advice that I've already read on other threads.

DSS

Yes, the fun times will be very similar if only a few months have passed.

We have had your time dining on our last three cruises, the first time, party of two, never had a wait. We went when we were hungry, and we were willing to sit with others. Second time, party of 4, we went around 7 never had a wait. Third time party of 6 and 4 (when the "girls" wanted to eat earlier)-party of 6 20-30 minute wait, party of 4, no wait. Again we went at 7, which is nearing the end of the first seating and before the second. And yes, we are having YTD on our next cruise, again, party of two. Have a great cruise.

As far as the Fun Times, when we first started cruising, most events were on the Lido, now not so, so we always check dailly, because there was that one cruise, when we didn't know that they had moved everything.

Thanks for the tips and quick replies everyone. You guys are great! Hopefully we won't have to wait much for YTD as there's just the two of us, but will keep in mind that the rush seems to be around 7ish.

And thanks for the info on the fun times. good to know they're similar. As it's our first cruise I'd like to have a look at some that have been posted to get an idea of what's likely to be on offer.

Thanks for the warning marshhawk - I'll make sure we check everything again each day when we're on the ship.

DW and I have done the your time dining on both of our cruises. Never had a wait to be seated on our first cruise however on our last cruise we had to wait on 2 nights not because of the time we went but because of the server we wanted.

One thing to remember with YTD is that dinner can take 1 1/2 hours or more, which is something to consider if you want to see a show. There was more than one occasion where my wife and I had to skip dessert because dinner took longer than expected.

If you let your YTD waiter know they can often get you in and out in around an hour for 3 courses. We were trivia nuts 2-3 nights in a row and by coincidence had the same waitress due to the same timings. By the second night she asked us if we were quizzing it again and it was even faster. We found her at the end of the cruise to thank her and give her an extra tip.

This was on the Legend btw so maybe she is still there...her name was Elisa.

Edited by Velvetwater

I noticed it seemed to be the earlier you go the less chance of wait. The one night we had to wait (not long), we had gone later.

For two nights we sat at a table for 2 right by the door and noticed as it got later a lot more people were waiting.

I agree the more flexible you are the less chance of wait. We prefer a table for 2

The fun times usually stay the same for repeating itineraries during the year. The only time there will be major changes are for special events like holidays, special scheduling for major sporting events and when the ship changes cruise directors:)

Agreed with what was said above. If theres a show you know you want to make that night, I would go to dinner early, like maybe closer to when the dining room opens. We would always go closer to when dinner started, but we always wanted a table for 2. There was usually a wait for a table for 2 also, but if you were willing to sit with a larger table you can usually get into the dining room quicker!