Rvyc

Flatbush Flyer

Has anyone from a reciprocal US yacht club dined at the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club? Trying to line up our restaurant reservations for a pre-cruise stay at the Marriott and wondering how RVYC stacks up to other noteworthy restaurants within a reasonable distance from the hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You have posed a very interesting question and the first time I have seen it on these boards. The RVYC operates two facilities in Vancouver, one in Stanley Park and the other out near Jericho Beach. The main facility is now out at Jericho Breach, about a 20 min cab ride in either direction from the Marriott in downtown Vancouver. The Stanley Park facility is closer to the Marriott but it's dining room is only open for breakfast and lunch, closing around 4 pm each day. I hope this helps with your plans.

Yes, a very interesting question, indeed. We have dined there several times as guests and it is a lovely facility. Having said that, it is comparable to other fine restaurants in the city and I, personally, would not make a special trip since Vancouver has hundreds of amazing restaurants to choose from.

Have you contacted anyone yet? You may have already looked at the website, but here is the contact page and everyone has an e-mail address. I'm sure this would be the fastest way to receive an answer.

http://www.royalvan.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=385377&ssid=304439&vnf=1

Yes, a very interesting question, indeed. We have dined there several times as guests and it is a lovely facility. Having said that, it is comparable to other fine restaurants in the city and I, personally, would not make a special trip since Vancouver has hundreds of amazing restaurants to choose from.

Have you contacted anyone yet? You may have already looked at the website, but here is the contact page and everyone has an e-mail address. I'm sure this would be the fastest way to receive an answer.

http://www.royalvan.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=385377&ssid=304439&vnf=1

Thanks for the info. I had already e-mailed them and did receive a reply that our club is reciprocal. So, we may reserve dinner there for one night before our cruise departure. It's always interesting to visit other clubs and, usually, prices are very favorable when compared to similar restaurants. If you don't mind: how was the food?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums