Pics of the expensive high up there rooms

lissa42886

Ok so we all know what a basic room looks like. Inside , outside and balcony.. Even the slightly larger balcony rooms.. But does anyone have pics of those super grand suites that cost thousands of dollars and have 2 floors???! Or are those just a legand...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You're thinking of the 2 level Loft Suites and Crown Loft Suites, and they're on Royal Caribbean, not Carnival.

There are PLENTY of pictures and videos of them, just Google or YouTube it. You can find them on Oasis class ships, as well as the upcoming Quantum Class ships.

Edited by Fitzget

Ok so we all know what a basic room looks like. Inside , outside and balcony.. Even the slightly larger balcony rooms.. But does anyone have pics of those super grand suites that cost thousands of dollars and have 2 floors???! Or are those just a legand...

On our last B2B we used the "between-cruise" time to scope out the Owner's Suites on the Liberty. Yup they are nice! Leather furniture, 52" flat screen TV, floor-to-ceiling windows, great balcony, separate sleeping area, etc.

We took pictures of it all to use as a motivator for us to get one for ourselves sometime.

So theres no grande glorious suite on carnival?? Just normal humble rooms...

You asked for 2 level suites, and there are no 2 level suites on Carnival. Carnival suites by comparison, are fairly small compared to other cruise lines.

If you want to see grand suites, check out those presidential loft suites on Royal Caribbean.

Edited by Fitzget

The Conquest and now the Sunshine have Captain Suites - 2 on each ship. Large balcony and separate living room and bedroom. Also 2 bathrooms.

I believe the Valor has the Captain suites as well.

You asked for 2 level suites, and there are no 2 level suites on Carnival. Carnival suites by comparison, are fairly small compared to other cruise lines.

If you want to see grand suites, check out those presidential loft suites on Royal Caribbean.

I just asked for large gorgeous suites.. The 2 level part was a example of a possible feature.. Not a requirment...

Awesome! Do you have any pictures of the stateroom?

I do, but quite honestly the balcony was the best part of this stateroom. The furniture looks well used as well as the carpeting. Hopefully when she goes into dry dock they will address these issues as they are in desperate need of replacing.

Here's a nice video of the Captain's Suite on the Sunshine, which I just watched the other day. If I'm not mistaken these are probably the nicest cabins that Carnival offers. Below this you have the Grand Suites and then Ocean Suites (which again, if I'm not mistaken, are not much different from each other, other than a little bit more space, like maybe half of a regular balcony cabin's width).

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a nice video of the Captain's Suite on the Sunshine, which I just watched the other day. If I'm not mistaken these are probably the nicest cabins that Carnival offers. Below this you have the Grand Suites and then Ocean Suites (which again, if I'm not mistaken, are not much different from each other, other than a little bit more space, like maybe half of a regular balcony cabin's width).

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

It says "an error occurred, please try again later." Did anyone else get this or is it just me? :confused::confused::(:confused::confused:

Odd, not sure why that happened. Here is the direct YouTube URL.

And I was wondering what the price difference is... I just priced this cabin on my September Liberty cruise to Southern Caribbean (8 day) and it was $6k+ for 2 people.. whereas our balcony aft room is $2k+ for two people. So you're looking at approximately 3x the price of a balcony room for this suite.

In 2011, I had booked a Grand Suite with an extended balcony for our anniversary. We got a call offering us an upsell to the Penthouse Suite (also called the Owner's Suite) when the Ecstasy still sailed out of Galveston, TX.

There are only two of these gigantic suites on the ship. We had been on the Ecstasy before and never realized they were there even though you can see the windows when you are at the pool. The cabin measures 916 sq ft and the balcony 110 sq ft.

Since it was our anniversary, I said yes.

My wife took pictures and posted them on her personal website. You can see them at the link below.

Carnival Ecstasy Owners Suite PH1

It doesn't have two floors, but it was awesome!

Thanks for sharing. Honestly, I am not too impressed. Love the balcony and the big windows, but otherwise it just looks like being at home! :rolleyes: And still the same old "CCL orange." If I'm on a ship I want to KNOW I'm on a ship! :cool: I absolutely would not pay that kind of $ either...not that I would ever have the opportunity to unless I won the lottery! :p It's nice to see how the other half lives, tho! :)

In 2011, I had booked a Grand Suite with an extended balcony for our anniversary. We got a call offering us an upsell to the Penthouse Suite (also called the Owner's Suite) when the Ecstasy still sailed out of Galveston, TX.

There are only two of these gigantic suites on the ship. We had been on the Ecstasy before and never realized they were there even though you can see the windows when you are at the pool. The cabin measures 916 sq ft and the balcony 110 sq ft.

Since it was our anniversary, I said yes.

My wife took pictures and posted them on her personal website. You can see them at the link below.

Carnival Ecstasy Owners Suite PH1

It doesn't have two floors, but it was awesome!

In the words of Frank Barone from Everybody Loves Raymond: HOLY CRAP! That is ONE AWESOME place! I thought the Ecstascy was a small ship...this stateroom would take up 1/2 of it IMO! It is totally amazing...Just my personal preference is I like to be "around the action" when I am on a cruise and if I had a stateroom like that I would feel a bit that I should be there all the time. But if you offered it to me, I don't think you would have to twist my arm too much! Would LOVE to hear about your experience in that amazing place!

Thanks for sharing. Honestly, I am not too impressed. Love the balcony and the big windows, but otherwise it just looks like being at home! :rolleyes: And still the same old "CCL orange." If I'm on a ship I want to KNOW I'm on a ship! :cool: I absolutely would not pay that kind of $ either...not that I would ever have the opportunity to unless I won the lottery! :p It's nice to see how the other half lives, tho! :)

To clarify: this was in response to the YouTube of Sunshine. I think I posted the same time as JimAOK1945. His stateroom took my breath away! :eek:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Wow! That is some room! I don't think I would ever leave my room :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app