How do you book kids on Carnival.com

rene194215

I was trying to price out a vacation for my family, we would need 4 cabins. 8 adults and 2 kids. But when I tried to look at pricing for 4 it gave my fill price for 4 adults. The kids at time of saily would be 11 and 2.5 years old. Do you still pay full price?

I was trying to price out a vacation for my family, we would need 4 cabins. 8 adults and 2 kids. But when I tried to look at pricing for 4 it gave my fill price for 4 adults. The kids at time of saily would be 11 and 2.5 years old. Do you still pay full price?

The cheapest way to book this would be the 2 adults and 2 kids in 1 cabin. then 2 adults in each of the other three.

There are price breaks on the 3rd and 4th person in each room.

Unfortunately the short answer to your question is yes. It doesn't matter what the age of your children are, you will pay 3rd & 4th person prices. They are also "charged" the gratutity of $11.50 per person per day unless your child is under 2 yrs old which isn't your case. But before you get upset at being charged for your children, compare the prices for cruises with "kids sail free". I found that the cruiselines that offer this also charge a lot more for the adults, so Carnival is still cheaper. Anyway, good luck!

You arent paying full price for the 2 kids. Carnival takes the total price of the whole cabin and divides by the number of pax in cabin.

Example first 2 pay $800 each and 3rd and 4th are $400 each for a total of $$2400. So the say the price is $600 per person. Makes it sound cheaper.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Cheapest would be 2 cabins, 5 per cabin (if you want one of the ships that allows 5/cabin).

However, there are obvious drawbacks to that arrangement.

In general, the less cabins you use, the lower the total will be. It won't matter much how you break up your group (though a cabin of 4 + cabin of 2 might be less than two cabins of 3, though not by much)