Anyone been to Tabayana Beach?

jdotexas

I am leaving on May 3 on Carnival Freedom. I can't find where to book the Tabyana Beach in the excursion list on Carnivals sight. Is it still available?

We are sailing Carnival Legend 5/18. For our sailing it is listed under excursions for Port Mahagony Bay, and is called Tabayana Beach Break

• 2 months later...

Question: I am still new at snorkeling and have primarily only have done it as a guided tour a few times. If I do this beach break as it seems like the place to go will there be anyone able to help instruct you or is it basically snorkel on your own?

Question: I am still new at snorkeling and have primarily only have done it as a guided tour a few times. If I do this beach break as it seems like the place to go will there be anyone able to help instruct you or is it basically snorkel on your own?

I have never asked for a guide in West Bay but the locals are very hungry... my guess would be any of the guys renting snorkel equipment would be more than happy to help your comfort level.

Hey guys, just wanted to toss this link into the conversation. A few of you have mentioned about taxi fares being ridiculously high in Roatan. According to this taxi fares started being regulated in January of this year, and quite cheaply I might add (pay attention to the chart to see if the price listed is Honduran lempira or USD).

Haven't been there myself (yet!), so if any of y'all have been there more recently and can refute this please let me know. With some quick googling I found the same fares listed on other sites as well.

http://www.roatanisland.net/taxi_rates_2014.htm

Hey guys, just wanted to toss this link into the conversation. A few of you have mentioned about taxi fares being ridiculously high in Roatan. According to this taxi fares started being regulated in January of this year, and quite cheaply I might add (pay attention to the chart to see if the price listed is Honduran lempira or USD).

Haven't been there myself (yet!), so if any of y'all have been there more recently and can refute this please let me know. With some quick googling I found the same fares listed on other sites as well.

http://www.roatanisland.net/taxi_rates_2014.htm

It may be worth while to start another thread with these prices. My worry is two fold with cruise ship people..one this is only one way, ya have to take the time to track down another taxi to get you back... that may be easy peasy some days and not so much other days.. the other thing is many people say the driver keeps track of their things so there is no need to worry.. this would not happen with a one way trip.

Though, with these prices one may be about to sort out add ons and a return trip with the taxi.

It may be worth while to start another thread with these prices. My worry is two fold with cruise ship people..one this is only one way, ya have to take the time to track down another taxi to get you back... that may be easy peasy some days and not so much other days.. the other thing is many people say the driver keeps track of their things so there is no need to worry.. this would not happen with a one way trip.

Though, with these prices one may be about to sort out add ons and a return trip with the taxi.

Yeah I suppose updated taxi fares could be it's own thread. I'll post that in a minute.

Regarding your concerns though, I guess I hadn't thought of getting back to the terminal. I kind of assumed (I know, I know...) that with hundreds of passengers in the general vicinity of West Bay beach there'd be taxi's lined up along the streets there. Has that not been the case in your experience?

Yeah I suppose updated taxi fares could be it's own thread. I'll post that in a minute.

Regarding your concerns though, I guess I hadn't thought of getting back to the terminal. I kind of assumed (I know, I know...) that with hundreds of passengers in the general vicinity of West Bay beach there'd be taxi's lined up along the streets there. Has that not been the case in your experience?

No, often times there are no taxi about or those that are are waiting for people.. there is not alot of space along the road in West Bay now if one water taxis to West End..taxi abound.. but again what if.. ya know?

No, often times there are no taxi about or those that are are waiting for people.. there is not alot of space along the road in West Bay now if one water taxis to West End..taxi abound.. but again what if.. ya know?

Oh wow.... okay, that's not what I was imagining at all. Thanks for the info. I think I'll look into a beach option that includes round trip transfer now.

Oh wow.... okay, that's not what I was imagining at all. Thanks for the info. I think I'll look into a beach option that includes round trip transfer now.

Yeah..I mean ya could be OK but what if.. and if so many other people are relying on the random taxi for return.

I don't think I would take the risk, but maybe I am just that kind of person.

Like I said, water taxi to West End and easy peasy.

Tabayana was beautiful... soft sand, clear water. We did it through Royal. The food (hot dogs, hamburgers, and chicken) wasn't very good. But there was a guy by the water selling empanadas, and they were AMAZING.

It is a crowded beach, but perfect water and sand.

DSC_8088.jpg

DSC_8101.jpg

DSC_8099.jpg

DSC_8098.jpg

Be sure to walk down the beach to the outdoor bar at BananaRama and have a Monkey La La. It has to be the best drink EVER!! I noticed they have them at Fat Tuesdays when we were there in May. The snorkeling is wonderful and really easy to do at your own pace. :D

My daughter and I were there last February on an NCL excursion. We chose the snorkeling and beach day since neither of us had snorkeled before and they gave lessons based on your experience.

I decided snorkeling wasn't for me but my daughter loved it and spent a long time out on the reef. I enjoyed some time in the water and just sitting under the palm trees reading. It was a beautiful beach and surroundings.

We thought the buffet was fine, chicken and salads and fresh fruit. They also had really good iced tea. I asked one of the young men serving it what it had in it and he told me they add vanilla to the tea brewed with just regular Lipton tea bags.

I'd go back there in a heartbeat.

Shoreexcursioneer has a tour package for $29.99 to West Bay Beach

6 hrs Round Trip transportation, welcome drink, beach loungers and use of the resort facilities. (sounds the best)

Carnival has Tabyana Beach Break for $39.99

4 hrs

Island Marketing Roatancruiseexcursions has a package for Roatan West Bay Beach Break for $33 6 hrs.

Is Tabyana Beach the same as West Bay Beach?

Are they in different areas?

Interested in snorkeling the reef.

Not sure how safe it is to use one of these outside vendors :confused:

~~~

Edited by Feelin' Nauti'

Does Tabyana Beach have lockers for rent?

Thanks,

Ruth

Goodness I can not find any info in the Tabyana web site but I am sure there are lockers for rent. As far as I know it is one of the two places offering lockers, the other being Bananarama

Is Tabyana Beach the same as West Bay Beach?

Are they in different areas?

Interested in snorkeling the reef.

~~~

Yes' date=' Tabyana is the part of West Bay beach the cruise ships use. I truly believe if the goal in easy access reef snorkeling Tabyana is the best choice. All one need to do from Tabayan is walk in the water. Infinity Bay Resort shares a property line with Tabyana.. they do day trips as well.. the price is high from what I understand. The next place up is Bananarama.. the price is better but one need to walk down past Infinity's L shaped dock to get to the reef.

This thread offer much info about snorkeling West Bay.

Was there a bar on Tabyana beach ? Also Pictures make it look pretty crowded. Is it always like that?

Yes, there is a bar and no, it wasn't that crowded in the water when we were there except for when they were getting the snorkelers going. There was also a band that played all day.

Definitely going.

What's the best way to get there?

Through ship excursion' date=' outside tour vendor? :confused:[/quote']

I recommend you have a look at the excursions and the possible tours to see what best fits your needs.

If you only seek to go to Tabyana and back I believe the ship excursion would suit. If you would rather make a few other stops, perhaps a private tour is in order.

I recommend you have a look at the excursions and the possible tours to see what best fits your needs.

If you only seek to go to Tabyana and back I believe the ship excursion would suit. If you would rather make a few other stops, perhaps a private tour is in order.

I've been looking at both Roatan tour operators and the ship's excursion.

Ship's is only 4 hrs - that includes 1 hour of travel. Too short.

The tours that I've been in contact with, stay at the beach for 5... which is too long.

Would like to have transportation to and from whenever I feel like leaving the beach. :o:D

I've been looking at both Roatan tour operators and the ship's excursion.

Ship's is only 4 hrs - that includes 1 hour of travel. Too short.

The tours that I've been in contact with' date=' stay at the beach for 5... which is too long.

Would like to have transportation to and from whenever I feel like leaving the beach. :o:D[/quote']

Ahh well then if you want things your way on your vacation.. :0)

I highly recommend a private tour with Bodden, or Rony.

Edited by Guest 2000

Ahh well then if you want things your way on your vacation.. :0)

I highly recommend a private tour with Bodden, or Rony.

:D Yep!!!

Thanks

Will check them out

I emailed roatan cruise excursions, roatan christopher tours, and roatan adventure tours..waiting for a reply.

Wonder about the water taxi to the beach :confused::confused:

How safe is that...boats look quite small.

:D Yep!!!

Thanks

Will check them out

I emailed roatan cruise excursions' date=' roatan christopher tours, and roatan adventure tours..waiting for a reply.

Wonder about the water taxi to the beach :confused::confused:

How safe is that...boats look quite small.[/quote']

The water taxi from West End to West Bay is fair well used...it seems all kinds of safe to me, I sure use them enough when I am on the island... this by no means guarantees you will be safe.