Post-Cruise Luggage Drop Off

kelikea

My husband and I are going to be on the April 14 sailing on the Carnival Ecstasy. When we get back on April 18, our flight out of MIA doesn't leave until 10:15 pm! So we have a ton of time to kill, to say the least. After we get off the boat, we would like to head to Miami Beach and lay around for the day, grab some food, and possibly do a little sightseeing. My question is, where in Miami Beach can we leave our luggage for 9 or so hours? Any place FREE would be awesome. Also, since we'll most likely be laying around at the beach all day, I'd rather not have to sit on a flight all sandy and sweaty from the beach. Is there a place we could shower before we go to the airport? Thanks in advance!

You can use Luggage Express

Rather than check in at the airport for the return flights, eligible guests may choose to participate for just a nominal fee of $20 USD per person. Guests will receive both their airline boarding passes and their luggage tags while they are enjoying their vacation at sea. Better yet, they will only need to place their checked luggage outside of their stateroom and will not touch it again until they claim it at their final destination.

• Only a maximum of two bags per guests can be checked-in.

• Applicable on most major domestic airlines – guest will need to check on board for participating airlines as airlines are subject to change.

• Applicable to:

o U.S. Citizens and Canadian Citizens with proper travel documentation; if flying to Canada, a valid passport is required.

o U.S Alien Residents with an Alien Registration Card.

o International Guests with proper travel documentation traveling to a U.S airport or Canadian airport destination.

• Flight/s must be on a participating airline, departing from the airport on the same day of debarkation to a U.S airport or Canadian airport destination.

Early in the cruise, eligible guests receive an invitation in their stateroom to participate in the program. They complete the registration form and sign it to authorize a $20 USD per person charge to their Sail & Sign account and then drop it off at the Guest Services Desk. The day prior to debarkation, airline boarding passes, luggage tags along with a letter are delivered to the stateroom. Guests place the tags on the luggage that will be checked in and then place it outside their stateroom for collection. On debarkation day, participants may debark at their convenience.

The luggage will be transferred from the ship to the corresponding airline and flight. Guests must claim their bags upon flight arrival at their final destination. If there are any delays or problems with their luggage, guests need to contact the airline directly to report any problems.

Yes, we're staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Brickell (downtown) on the 12th-13th. I guess I never considered asking if we can leave our stuff there. My only issue with that is that we'll have to get a taxi to the hotel, drop our stuff off, get another taxi to the beach, then another taxi back to the hotel to shower and get our stuff, and another taxi or Metrorail to the airport.... might be too much. I'd prefer to just go down to the beach and maybe there's a hotel that will hold our luggage.. I don't know.

As Elaine said, do the luggage thing through Carnival and just take your necessities (swimsuit and sunscreen :D)with you in an overnight bag. Catch a cab over to Miami Beach. Lummas Park (Ocean Drive and 5th St to 15th St) if I remember correct thought had a restroom near the street (short distance from the beach). Not the best for removing sand but might do in a pinch. At least a place to change into your clothes. Nice restaurants right across from the beach for a bite to eat. Many shops to look through. Really beautiful at night. Too bad your not staying over another night. Perfect.

Another vote for doing the Luggage Express thing. We put our bags out at 10pm the night before our arrival in Miami and never saw them again until they came down the baggage chute in Houston at 6pm the next day. Well worth the $20.00 per person + baggage fees ( if applicable). It made standing in the immigration line and getting a taxi to the airport so easy. We were on United.