NCL Photographers?

KitinIowa

Seems like a lot of people mention the ship photographers on here and packages for picture after picture.... we have never cruised but do they harass you the whole time taking pictures? I can't find anything more obtrusive than being stopped in every public place for "another" picture. Nor would I personally like to buy any. Will I be able to avoid these moments?

We took two professional photos during our entire week-long cruise last summer. One was the embarkation photo, and the other was when a roving photographer asked to take our picture when we ate at Moderno. I did not find the photographers to be pushy or intrusive at all. They are often set up for photo shoots in the atrium, which you can walk right by without having to stop. We also never stopped for photos getting off and on the ship in Bermuda, when they had people in costumes who would pose with those who wanted to. As far as buying the photos, you're not pressured into that at all. The photos are kept in the gallery. You can choose to go there to look for them or not, and if you do go to look, no one will pressure you to buy them. Enjoy your cruise!

way less intrusive than amusement parks. The only one that bugged me was when we were channeled from check-in to the ship through a picture line. We just excused ourselves and passed them.

I'd rather have pictures of my family in front of a glacier than in front of a fake picture of a ship

:)

I concur, we hardly noticed them. WAY WAY less pushy and obtrusive than the theme park people. The only time other than embarkation that we noticed them was at one of the formal mingles and you actually went up to them to get your picture taken (on the spiral staircase, etc). My son brought his dress blues and had his picture taken. It is on my desk right now!

They always show up a few nights at dinner and rush to take a picture where someone is always trying to finish chewing before the picture is taken. I think that they get as more cudos for the number of pictures that they take then the number of pictures that they actually sell.

In years past when it was a contracted company doing the photos, it was sometimes pretty aggressive! Now that NCL is running it themselves it seems to be much more laid back. In every situation this year a simple no or walk past was all it took. Absolutely no pressure at all.:D

In years past when it was a contracted company doing the photos, it was sometimes pretty aggressive! Now that NCL is running it themselves it seems to be much more laid back. In every situation this year a simple no or walk past was all it took. Absolutely no pressure at all.:D

DH is a photographer ( amongst other things) and his camera always catches the ships photographers eyes. He was told that they still have a quota of pictures to take on each cruise. We sometimes pose for them if they look bored even though the quality isn't 1/2 as good as the pictures that DH takes.

The only negative experience I had with a photographer was after the Legally Blonde show. My wife and kids took a picture with some of the cast and I was about to take my own shot using my own camera and the photographer angrily waved me off and said "only ship cameras allowed".

What? I get that they are trying to sell their photo, but that absolutely ensured I wasn't going to buy that one. At theme parks, I've never had the theme park photographer ever tell me that I couldn't use my own camera to take a picture of my kids with Mickey, Bugs Bunny, etc.

It was weird, because just two nights earlier I took a picture with my own camera of the kids with two of the Burn the Floor dancers.

My favourite picture of the kids (which we ended up buying) was of them with one of the very random people dressed up as animals (dolphin, parrot, turtle) when we disembarked in St. Maarten.