Tentative Itinerary given to us by TA

It's official!!!

Gramps upgraded to Biz Class for the flight THERE. And coach for the way back - which is fine

Frankfurt connection

And we get into nice at 10am! Which gives us time to take a nap, freshen up and explore some of Monte Carlo before it gets dark. Huzzah!!ImageUploadedByForums1397769023.664826.jpg.c91f607ad3ac907acff8b312b71ce4de.jpg

Hooray, hooray! Sarah, you trip is going to be so much better this way. The connections and the upgrade to biz are going to make all the difference. Thanks so much for listening to our (sometimes overly parental sounding but well intentioned) advice. We have been there, done that. You are going to have a great trip.

Fabulous!!!! Now log onto the airline website and make sure you've got decent seats "reserved" don't assume they did it for you or picked good one...

This is going to make a huge difference in starting your trip fresh.

Enjoy your cruise and time with your Grandfather :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by nana541

Nana - my mom showed me the official itinerary that shows our seats. And those are confirmed and cannot be changed

I looked on seat guru.com and we are good. Decent seats all around and the connection times look good. Getting excited - 2 months!

Now I just need a tan and some time at the gym LOL. Scheduled my spray tan for the day before we leave!

Nana - my mom showed me the official itinerary that shows our seats. And those are confirmed and cannot be changed

I looked on seat guru.com and we are good. Decent seats all around and the connection times look good. Getting excited - 2 months!

Now I just need a tan and some time at the gym LOL. Scheduled my spray tan for the day before we leave!

Sarah, just log onto the airline website anyway....make sure all is as it is represented and log on every once in awhile between now and leaving. Call it a "Proactive" exercise in catching trouble ahead of time. As long as you do this I'm sure everything will be just fine BUT fail to check in and double check your reservations is just asking for some idiot to screw up your reservation.

I am so glad Grandpa decided to go over in style! Enjoy.....

Looks like you are flying Lufthansa, once you log in if you don't like your seats, you actually can change but if Seat Guru says they are good seats then you are good....just keep logging in and make sure all is well.

Edited by nana541

I logged into Lufthansa to verify everything.

The inept TA got my name wrong again!!! Mom is calling her today to change my name.

Mobility assistance is confirmed for all 4 flights.

Seating is confirmed for 3 of the 4 flights. The last flight home doesn't show our seating assignments, which makes sense because the scanned document the TA sent us yesterday said "pending" so it might take a few days for the system to confirm our seats officially for that flight.

63 days and 6hours til takeoff! handy countdown timer on the website LOL!

Aren't you glad you checked!

You need to continue to check as sometimes airlines make "unfortunate" changes to flights (and seats) and fail to tell anyone (or they tell the TA who fails to pass the info along).

So between now and when you leave log in to your flight every week or two and make sure nothing about your flights, itinerary or flight times have changed.

Most international flights you also need to provide your passport info prior to leaving and usually can do this as done as flights are booked.

You need to do this for both you and Granddad.....

It's getting real!

This is a good lesson as to why it is imperative to check the reservations in the airline website yourself. The name on the passport has to match the name on the ticket. And keep looking at those seat assignments. If the last one says unassigned, keep checking and see if the system will let you select them. If it won't, call the airline to get assignments in advance if possible.

This is a good lesson as to why it is imperative to check the reservations in the airline website yourself. The name on the passport has to match the name on the ticket. And keep looking at those seat assignments. If the last one says unassigned, keep checking and see if the system will let you select them. If it won't, call the airline to get assignments in advance if possible.

Rachel, sometimes they have equipment substitutions which can cause problems but rarely on international. The Seat Guru is a good reference to pick your seat when you are confirming your flight.

Well I am glad that everything is pretty much in order.

Edited by Suite Travels

Sigh.

The code I was using yesterday to log Into Lufthansa is NOT working. Can't locate booking

My mom sent me a new code and that doesn't work either.

The saga continues.

So I have no idea if my name was corrected. I think regent thinks my name is a particular way bc my grandfather incorrectly told them my name. But when the TA sent me the official regent paperwork asking for passport info etc, I corrected my name accordingly and signed the form

So somehow my name keeps getting screwed up. So annoying

And now I'm annoyed that I can no longer find our booking using codes given to me

Sigh.

The code I was using yesterday to log Into Lufthansa is NOT working. Can't locate booking

My mom sent me a new code and that doesn't work either.

The saga continues.

So I have no idea if my name was corrected. I think regent thinks my name is a particular way bc my grandfather incorrectly told them my name. But when the TA sent me the official regent paperwork asking for passport info etc, I corrected my name accordingly and signed the form

So somehow my name keeps getting screwed up. So annoying

And now I'm annoyed that I can no longer find our booking using codes given to me

Simple solution to the booking code. Simply phone Lufthansa since you have the names and the flight numbers. Give them the first flight and name and they should be able to pull up your reservation. Then they can give you the booking number as well as how your name is spelled and any other questions.

Absolutely no reason to go thru Regent or your inept ta since you have the flights. If they for some reason can't find your reservations on the flights, simply phone Regent tomorrow or Monday and ask for the Air Department. Again, no reason to go thru the inept ta. As another poster stated earlier either on this thread or another, even though you are using a TA the air desk will talk to you with your Regent Booking number and names or even the cruise and names.

Good luck and don't panic. Sure you can find the Lufthansa 800 number in the US.

Absolutely agree with RallyDave....

Call Lufthansa and bypass Regent and the TA you don't need them or their permission to do this.

Lufthansa will give you the "Locator Code" and help you. Once you have the six digit code you can log right on to you reservation.

Don't delay call now! :)

back in business and my name is corrected in Lufthansa! woo

Our Frankfurt-DC return flight seats are still pending - but mom is going to call TA regarding that....we do have a piece of paper confirming our seats - but its still pending in Lufthansa system.

anyways. yeahhhhhhhhh. 60days!

back in business and my name is corrected in Lufthansa! woo

Our Frankfurt-DC return flight seats are still pending - but mom is going to call TA regarding that....we do have a piece of paper confirming our seats - but its still pending in Lufthansa system.

anyways. yeahhhhhhhhh. 60days!

You should have been able to talk to Lufhansia about those seats too.

Your TA would seem to be the extra piece in this mess. You know the seat numbers ask Lufhansia why they aren't showing in the system and get them to fix it while you are on the phone with them.

We figure it out. We have our seats but they aren't showing up in Lufthansa bc it's a shared code. The flight home is actually being operated by United.

I know I will need some walking around cash - Euros for the trip - best place to get cash exchanged? Last time I took cash to an Amex shop (I think) in the mall to get US$ exchanged for my boss. Is that likely my best bet?

I wonder how many euros I want. Blah. I don't have much spending money for this trip - if I see something I want to take home to remember the trip I'll have my chase sapphire prefered card if a particular vendor accepts it. Think I could get away with like $250 exchanged to euros? Hmmm..,

Sarah you can go to your local bank and they will order Euros for you. You need to have some in your pocket when you get there. Get any extra you may want from any ATM machine in Europe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sarah you can go to your local bank and they will order Euros for you. You need to have some in your pocket when you get there. Get any extra you may want from any ATM machine in Europe.

Thanks Nana! I will go to my bank and get some :)

We figure it out. We have our seats but they aren't showing up in Lufthansa bc it's a shared code. The flight home is actually being operated by United.

I know I will need some walking around cash - Euros for the trip - best place to get cash exchanged? Last time I took cash to an Amex shop (I think) in the mall to get US$ exchanged for my boss. Is that likely my best bet?

I wonder how many euros I want. Blah. I don't have much spending money for this trip - if I see something I want to take home to remember the trip I'll have my chase sapphire prefered card if a particular vendor accepts it. Think I could get away with like $250 exchanged to euros? Hmmm..,

Since you flight back home is on United, you need to phone United and get your United Booking number from them. It will be different than the one you have for Lufthansa so that you can verify and see your seats as well as verify your name is spelled correctly. As Nana said, you need to check on these flights a few times to make sure no changes and you will have to check both United and Lufthansa.

As far as Euros, the absolute best place to get Euros is at an ATM in a Euro country. Places like Amex, US Banks, money changers, etc. do not give a good exchange rate and they also charge you a service charge sometimes. ATM's give you the best rate and parhaps a couple of dollar charge although I've never paid a fee at a foreign ATM. You should be able to easily find an ATM at the Nice airport or any bank in Monte Carlo. DON'T EXCHANGE MONEY AT THE HOTEL!!! Worst exchange rate of all.

And, for 8 days, doubt you need $250 or 250 Euros. Almost everyplace takes Visa and Sapphire Preferred has no foreign transaction fee and the rate is the best the same as an ATM. You will need some Euros where they don't take Visa and don't think more than 100 Euros should work. You get the money out of the ATM in Euros and the dollars will be what they will be based on the exchange rate at that time.

p.s. You are correct about wifi on the plane, everyone pays. And, as to getting Euros from your local bank, for the small amount you need, you will pay an arm and a leg for them. You will be changing flights in Frankfort with plenty of time and sure you will be able to find a bank ATM there or in Nice. You should be able to use the Lufthansa lounge in Frankfort while awaiting your connection so ask them where the nearest Bank ATM is and let Grandfather rest while you go out and get your Euros. Absolutely no need to buy expensive Euros in the US.

Good luck!!

Edited by rallydave