Are there any...

beckymomof2

If you are trying to avoid the party atmosphere- i.e drunks by the pool... I suggest you go on an Alaskan or New England cruise. These attract travelers and explorers more than partyers. If you go on longer cruises- you will also find fewer drinkers. The people that tend to get drunk do the shorter cruises where they feel compelled to blow off steam for a few days.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

If you are trying to avoid the party atmosphere- i.e drunks by the pool... I suggest you go on an Alaskan or New England cruise. These attract travelers and explorers more than partyers. If you go on longer cruises- you will also find fewer drinkers. The people that tend to get drunk do the shorter cruises where they feel compelled to blow off steam for a few days.

On the longer cruises you won't find that many drunk cruisers but there will still be lots of alcohol served.

Don't know your exact reason for asking but we are not big drinkers and have never had an issue with party atmosphere on ships.

Certain areas will bring out more drinking: bars, dance club at night, lido deck...but it's not too hard to avoid.

Now if you feel it is a problem for you to be around it, many lines offer Friends of Bill meet ups. Also lines such as HAL or an Alaska cruise will have less party behavior.

Also, I noticed on the Cruise Compass, Grandeur had an alcohol free zone up on deck 10 by the kids club. I am not sure if they enforce this or offer it on other ships, but it might provide someplace to go if you want to avoid drinkers. I should point out that this is not the best area of the ship, so it does not attract a ton of people - too windy some days.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app