Divina Disembarkation

VOLEYMOM

I am trying to book our flights home from the Divina in May. Can anyone who did self disembarkation fill me in on what time they start. I am looking at an early flight out of Miami, I know if something goes wrong I'm screwed, but willing to take the chance if they usually start early. Thanks

I did self disembark in March. It is a bit chaotic. They give you a number and you self disembark when called. You meet in a lounge at 7 then in theory they call you. It was way over crowded and we ended up in a hall wooing until about 7:40. With all that said was still off the ship by 8 and at Fort Lauderdale by 8:50. I personally am considering a 10:30 flight out of Miami in Oct on my next Divina Cruise.

It should start before 8am. it seems, as I been following between 7:00 and 8am. As long as there are no major issues. Miami is pretty close. Fll not to bad, I could have made a 9:30 flight if FLL on my January cruise.

Self disembarkation groups are assigned 7:15, 7:30 or 7:45. It is a slow and arduous procedure once started as CBP controls the number of people they process at any given period.

You should not have a problem with a 9:00 flight, assuming everything is happening according to schedule. We were in the 7:45 group and at a Fort Lauderdale hotel at 9:30.

Self disembarkation groups are assigned 7:15, 7:30 or 7:45. It is a slow and arduous procedure once started as CBP controls the number of people they process at any given period.

You should not have a problem with a 9:00 flight, assuming everything is happening according to schedule. We were in the 7:45 group and at a Fort Lauderdale hotel at 9:30.

just don't forget that 30 min before flight they stop check in + it very possible to stuck in line in customs . add to this line for cab traffic in the mornig ...for me 9 am flight its a no-no .

Some serious risk takers up in here :D

I'd feel comfortable with a flight at 10 a.m. from MIA

Obviously if there is a 9:30 a.m. flight and it is substantially cheaper, I'd look at my options but 10 a.m. for me is the "safe" time.

09:00 a.m. is too early. I could imagine people getting away with it, but way too many things can go wrong between disembarkation, customs, taxi line, traffic/accident, etc.