How deep are the pools on carnival?

Monarch523

I have never taken my children on a cruise before and was wondering how deep are the pools? I will be on Carnival Splendor. I have no intentions leaving them unattended anyway but was wondering. Children are 7yo and 9 yo.

It depends on the ship, I think. On both the Fascination and the Triumph the max depth of the pools were over my head. I'm kinda short though, at only 5 ft 5. I do know that on both ships, none of the pools had a "shallow end" and my son (who was 9 at the time and who is a decent swimmer) felt uncomfortable in the pools because there wasn't a shallow end where he could just stand or sit down if he needed to because he was getting tired.

On older ships, adult pools are about 6 foot deep, no shallow end, but it's very strong salt water so you can float very easily. Kids pools are 0-2 feet at the most , including the splash n play areas near the waterslides. hot tubs are about 4 feet deep.

On older ships, adult pools are about 6 foot deep, no shallow end, but it's very strong salt water so you can float very easily. Kids pools are 0-2 feet at the most , including the splash n play areas near the waterslides. hot tubs are about 4 feet deep.

I've been on quite a few Fantasy class ships and I don't believe they are 6 feet deep. I am only 5' 10" tall and don't ever remember the water being over my head.

We just got off of the Triumph and the pools all state that they are 4'6". My 8 year olds were able to stand in only the pool at the back of the ship. It also stated it was 4'6" but the water level must have been lower. Even though they were able to stand, they did have to be careful of the big waves in the pool!

On older ships, adult pools are about 6 foot deep, no shallow end but it's very strong salt water so you can float very easily. Kids pools are 0-2 feet at the most , including the splash n play areas near the waterslides. hot tubs are about 4 feet deep.

Yeah, I think 4'6" is more like it. I am 5'10" and I easily stand in the pool with the water only up to my neck. I have never seen a carnival ship with a 6' pool. But yes, they are ridiculously salty because they use Ocean water. I think they are uniform depth also. Same depth throughout. The splash pools are very shallow but I don't even think the hot tubs are 3.5 feet. I think they are more like 3 feet at their deepest spots. It is funbto float on top of the water in the main pools though. Lol.