Allure or Quantum

I put down a deposit on an Allure cruise for Spring of 2015 but now I am looking at the Quantum cruises in Feb. or March. We have been on the Oasis and would like to sail on the Allure sometime in the future but the Quantum seems tempting. We have a JS on the Allure and for the same price we would have to go down to a D1 to stay around the same price but a balcony is not as important on the Quantum because half of the cruise you would not be able to use it (too cold??).

What are your thoughts? Pros and Cons

Pros: New Ship, Airfare will probably be cheaper, Extra night or two depending on 8 or 9 night cruise, new adventures (sailing out of NJ)

Cons: Sailing out of NJ in the Winter or early Spring (cold), already sailed on Oasis and Allure is similar, all of our cruises lately have been out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Please give me your thoughts. I love sailing on new ships!!

Personally, I would do Quantum. We have never done Oasis class, but sill someday like to. What I love about QOS is the cheaper airfare, the dynamic dining looks awesome, and the longer cruise. If the extra you would be losing going down in room do not matter to you very much, which they do not at all to me, it's a home run. We have left out of NJ in December, and found it to be just fine. The Explorer was not made for cold weather like QOS, and we still enjoyed it tremendously.

Thanks, I was thinking the same. We would be trading a 7 night cruise for either a 8 or 9 night cruise and new experiences instead of the same Ft. Lauderdale experience.

The 8 night has a stop over in Port Canaveral which might be nice. I would assume they would have some type of excursions maybe for Cape Canaveral which we have never visited.

I'd say try something new. If you have already sailed on an Oasis class ship you pretty much know what it has to offer so Quantum would offer a number of new and different experiences all the way from new dining experiences, the new sky diving, bumper cars and Northstar options and several other innovations. Weather in the Spring, especially in the Northeast but also in Florida, can be unpredictable but at least Quantum's design features should minimize your exposure to less than ideal weather conditions and allow you full access to most of the ship's features from the time you first board the ship.

Perhaps you will decide that you preferred your cruise on an Oasis ship but you should still have an enjoyable cruise on Quantum and will have been able to defend your preference by citing your actual experiences.:)

No way would I consider Quantum over Allure. Sailing out of NJ in February or March is not the tropical vacation we look for and I based on what I've seen from Quantum, I can't imagine preferring it over Allure. The Quantum itineraries are terrible, as well. The Port Canaveral itineraries are basically the same cruise as the 3-4 day Bahamas with a few cold days at sea before and after.

Bayonne or Fort Lauderdale? Fort Lauderdale is beautiful and Bayonne is not a vacation destination, so I don't know if that is the experience you are expecting.

Allure is one of the best ships at sea and there's not much info on Quantum yet. It could be great or it could be a flop like the Royal Princess.

IMO take the JS on Allure and don't look back.

I think that Quantum's itineraries are about the only thing that make Oasis and Allure's itineraries look great. Port Canaveral as a port of call.... yeah, ok.

You took the words right out of my mouth ;)

No way would I consider Quantum over Allure. Sailing out of NJ in February or March is not the tropical vacation we look for and I based on what I've seen from Quantum, I can't imagine preferring it over Allure. The Quantum itineraries are terrible, as well. The Port Canaveral itineraries are basically the same cruise as the 3-4 day Bahamas with a few cold days at sea before and after.

Bayonne or Fort Lauderdale? Fort Lauderdale is beautiful and Bayonne is not a vacation destination, so I don't know if that is the experience you are expecting.

Allure is one of the best ships at sea and there's not much info on Quantum yet. It could be great or it could be a flop like the Royal Princess.

IMO take the JS on Allure and don't look back.

We are staying with the JS on Allure. My DH says "No way will he fly to NJ to cruise to FL". I tend to agree ---- it was just the "new" ship that was tempting me. :)

I am on quantum and you need to read about the dining before you decide. Right now only a few people are be allowed to book dinner. The rest have to wait until May 15th. I would wait until after that date to see how it goes if people can't get the reservations they want many will be canceling. This could either result in a price reduction or you might decide it is not worth the effort. I agree with you about the balcony. We usually take JS but are actually in d6 because I don't think we will be using the balcony either. The ship sounds amazing but not knowing if your only option for dinner will be restaurants you don't like at times you don't want or the windjammer. The itinerary for the 8 day which is what we are on it not the best. Other big thing in our decision was not flying. Last year 750 to fly 500 for rooms and food precruiise need to weigh both.

The MDR may or may not make a difference to you. Allure has a traditional MDR and QN does not. A totally different set up for dining on the QN class. For me the jury is still out until the QN enters service and we hear some feedback. For me personally I would go with the Allure.

Guest maddycat
:rolleyes:

Does any know if their will be any sailing from New Jersey as of May, 2015 to September, 2015? So far the QOS is only listed until April,2015.

The Quantum will be sailing from NJ year around. As of now, we are all waiting for the release of the summer and fall 2015 itineraries.

Edited by maddycat

We are deciding between Quantum and Oasis. For us we can drive to Quantum, while Oasis is a flight. The itinerary isn't as fabulous as out last Adventure cruise was slated to be but we are going more for the ship than the itinerary. Like a floating resort.

If I was able to drive to port, then I would be on that ship!! So far no ships in Tennessee, LOL! It's always a flight for us.

If I was able to drive to port, then I would be on that ship!! So far no ships in Tennessee, LOL! It's always a flight for us.

Yeah with 2 little kids the thought of not having to try to make sure our suitcases don't exceed 50lbs is certainly pulling us towards Quantum. :)

I do want to thank you guys for pointing out the balcony point. I hadn't given it too much thought really but that certainly saves some money there of we skip it.

Edited by cruizinawayinva