New to Celebrity--Solstice Cabin 6115

goinsoon

As this cabin is located above the theater, will we be "bothered" by noise? I don't know the show times or all the things the theater is used for. Thanks for your help!

I wouldn't think so but this is really dependent on your bedtimes/habits etc. I suggest you check with the 'sticky' on cabins at the top of the threads and maybe even the website that does deck plans and cabin reviews (just google it).:D

We just got of the Reflection and were in cabin 6119, just a couple of doors down from 6115. The noise is not an issue. We heard some bass during afternoon rehearsals (usually around 4:30), and also heard some bass during the shows on 2 or 3 evenings. Neither was enough to bother us.

It was our first S-class cruise and I think the benefits of being in one of the view cabins that can actually look straight down to the water makes these forward cabins some of the best on the ship. It can be a bit of a walk to the restaurants, etc. but not enough to be a bother.

We have been in 6121, our favorite cabin, on several of the S class ships. I am a very light sleeper and travel with a sound machine and earplugs. Neither at night or during the day for a nap did I ever hear any noise from the theater.

Let me clarify that. During the day taking a nap without my husband, the Log Saw-er, present, I did not need the sound machine or ear plugs in cabin 6121 and never heard any noise. I just mentioned the devices to show what a light sleeper I am.

Edited by helen haywood

We sleep with a sound machine and love looking down at the water so sounds like a winner. Thank you all for your help

Being a long way from the food can be a great way to maintain minimal weight gain due to all the exercise just walking from bow to stern.:D

We sleep with a sound machine and love looking down at the water so sounds like a winner. Thank you all for your help

You can probably leave the sound machine at home. You can create a great natural sound machine by just opening the balcony door. Another advantage of being far forward is the sound of the ship's bow plowing through the sea. Very relaxing and soothing.

We booked Cabin #6103, Port side Second cabin from the front, and I can't wait.. I love the sound of the water splashing against the bow, and at night you can look straight down and see phosphorescence in the wake..

On the Summit, we also booked one of the Sweet Sixteen cabins, double length Veranda, it's like the fourth or fifth cabin from the bow. for 14 days...

As long as you don't have motion sickness issues, I think it's the best place to be..

You can probably leave the sound machine at home. You can create a great natural sound machine by just opening the balcony door. Another advantage of being far forward is the sound of the ship's bow plowing through the sea. Very relaxing and soothing.

I agree, and sometimes do that for afternoon siestas when cruising. I was thinking more of having something for when we are not cruising. The ocean sounds for when we are in a noisy city's cbd.:D

Its interesting that the sound machines have all kinds of different selections for back ground white noise and one of them is the "Urban" one with car horns blaring and traffic noises etc. Who would find that soothing! I guess an urbanite. Also crickets chirping, waterfalls, trains, heartbeats....

Its interesting that the sound machines have all kinds of different selections for back ground white noise and one of them is the "Urban" one with car horns blaring and traffic noises etc. Who would find that soothing! I guess an urbanite. Also crickets chirping, waterfalls, trains, heartbeats....

I suppose if someone is used to sleeping with traffic, they would miss it on the ocean.:D

If you are in a place with intermittent horns and traffic, then having that continually will mask it. We used to have a truck that rumbled past at 5.30am, should have used it to mask that! Same with crickets, we have some that ramp up every now and then, if you have them going continually in the background then it is white noise.

We have a white noise app on our android phone and the train track noise is my favourite. I love that sound for some reason. Might be a bit weird at sea though! I think it only cost a couple of bucks.

We booked Cabin #6103, Port side Second cabin from the front, and I can't wait.. I love the sound of the water splashing against the bow, and at night you can look straight down and see phosphorescence in the wake..

On the Summit, we also booked one of the Sweet Sixteen cabins, double length Veranda, it's like the fourth or fifth cabin from the bow. for 14 days...

As long as you don't have motion sickness issues, I think it's the best place to be..

Hi Anj,

We were in 6106 (three cabins from the front) on Celebrity Solstice. 6102, 6104 and us (6106), all of our balconies were not against the ships side but were about 30 cm to 40 cm in from the outside of the ship. Cabin 6108 was in line with the ships side, so we could only see straight out, not aft at all, and not forward towards the bow. The cabin was very noisy coming into port.

Kim