Switched from Interior to Balcony..I think I did Good?

cricket_7

Under the current Balcony sale promotion, I was able to switch from an interior cabin on the Empress Deck to a balcony...but Carnival picks my room. We are a group of 3. I am past my final payment date (my room rate went down but I was unable to get OBC) and my cost was a wash to switch to a balcony.

There are several Cove balconys (both Forward and Midship) for 3 as well as several regular balconys for 3 on decks 7,8, and 9 still available. We have another interior room for 2 booked on deck 7...I'm not too awfully worried about being close to them, but I do like being on a higher deck.

Hoping I won't regret making the switch. We have always booked an interior as we are not in the room much.

Edited by cricket_7

Sounds like a good deal to me. I love having a balcony. We order coffee from room service in the morning and sit out there, also good for an evening drink. It is nice coming and going from port. Hope you are happy with your cabin and have a great cruise :)

I can almost guarantee you will LOVE your bacony. You may find you use it more than you think. You did good changing since you couldn't get OBC or price adjustment.

I may be wrong (and someone wil correct me if I am), but if you are assigned a cabin you don't like, and you have time before sailing, call Carnival (or your TA) and they might change it for you. They might even tell you what else is available and let you choose.

Have a wonderful cruise! (I'm jealous, lol!)

Under the current Balcony sale promotion, I was able to switch from an interior cabin on the Empress Deck to a balcony...but Carnival picks my room. We are a group of 3. I am past my final payment date (my room rate went down but I was unable to get OBC) and my cost was a wash to switch to a balcony.

There are several Cove balconys (both Forward and Midship) for 3 as well as several regular balconys for 3 on decks 7,8, and 9 still available. We have another interior room for 2 booked on deck 7...I'm not too awfully worried about being close to them, but I do like being on a higher deck.

Hoping I won't regret making the switch. We have always booked an interior as we are not in the room much.

I priced this online but it said it's for new bookings only. How were you able to do it?

I priced this online but it said it's for new bookings only. How were you able to do it?

I was also able to switch from oceanview to a guarantee balcony for no additional cost. I just called Carnival.

Edited by smileyone

I calledy PVP and was told it was for new bookings only. She said I would have to cancel my booking and lose my $150 deposit and do a new booking. I declined.

I actually had two reps tell me they could switch me. I am paid in full and after final payment date. The first rep said no problem but I got disconnected. The second rep thought she would need to cancel and rebook but they managed to make it happen and I still have the same booking number. I did not book under early saver originally, maybe that has something to do with it. You could always check again to see if you get a different answer from someone else. Good luck.

I called back, but this time instead of calling my PVP I just called Carnival. I had the option of upgrading from an inside to a balcony of their choice for $120 or my choice for $200...we paid the $200. I'm a happy girl because we have never had an inside and I don't think I would like it. Thanks for posting this!! :D

I just did a mock booking and picked the option where canival chooses my room for me. It was the same price as my interior. I then called my PVP and she said there was no price difference so she would have to call a supervisor to see how they wanted to handle it. The supervisor okayed it so she made the switch. I am 40 something days out and past my final payment date. I was not booked under the early saver rate..I think it might have been the New Years sale that was going on where I had guaranteed pricing up until final payment.