Vancouver Hop-on Hop-off

nonni2

I'm hoping that someone has a comparison between the HOHO trolley & the HOHO bus. We'll be in Vancouver for 2 nights & want to tour for a day, using HOHO. I can't find any reviews that compare those 2 options. The prices are comparable; but one does offer a 2-day pass for 1-day price. As we don't have the 2nd day available, that isn't a factor in our decision making. Looking for good information, comfort, short times between pick-ups, the most options for HOHO. To be sure our concern isn't overlooked, I'll post in the Departures as well as the Ports of Call. Sure hope someone has some info for us!

You might want to research on the Canada Ports of Call board, I have read some reviews of the Hop-on/Hop-off tours there, that will help answer your questions in comparing the two companies.

Take a look at their route maps.

The trolley provides live commentary.

The open buses provide the best views on a nice day, like riding in a convertible with the top down.

Much of the great Vancouver scenery is up above the roof line.

But if you get off at a stop, it may be a long time before another open bus comes around.

You could check out their schedules. If you phone them, they can give you a pretty good estimate of the next time an open bus will arrive at the stop closest to your location.

• 1 month later...

We just spent 3 days in Vancouver after our Celebrity cruise from Hawaii.

We chose the HOHO Trolley, as the route covered is much larger. They go all the way through Stanley Park, without having to change buses. That was the major determining factor for us. Most of the stop are at the same points, except for the Stanley Park Loop. The Trolley also goes over by the Science place at the end of False Creek, before it runs through China Town and Gas Town. We've done the BIG Bus HOHO on previous trips, and it goes to Stanley Park, with a stop that will get you to the Aquarium, but not all the way through/around the park.

Vancouver is one of my favorite cities, and I love walking around there. Enjoy your visit.

Years ago we were went to a small office inside the Empress near the tea room, there was a small tour shop there, we got a fantastic tour that went everywhere, even out to the gardens, and west to a small fishing village. it was like $80 pp but picked us up at our motel, included lunch at a golf course, tea at the gardens, and all around the city and back to our hotel, an all day trip! It was well worth it! That was quite a few years ago, and I bet the price is higher, but a full day tour with only a few passengers in a van was awesome!

We heard about it from one of the sales pitches on the sidewalk!

Years ago we were went to a small office inside the Empress near the tea room, there was a small tour shop there, we got a fantastic tour that went everywhere, even out to the gardens, and west to a small fishing village. it was like $80 pp but picked us up at our motel, included lunch at a golf course, tea at the gardens, and all around the city and back to our hotel, an all day trip! It was well worth it! That was quite a few years ago, and I bet the price is higher, but a full day tour with only a few passengers in a van was awesome!

We heard about it from one of the sales pitches on the sidewalk!

Both this and the other post you answered were about tours from Vancouver, not Victoria Seb...

I've been to Vancouver in the past and am returning in a couple of weeks post cruise. We, again, have booked Vancouver Trolley. They offer a LIVE commentary during the tour vs the recorded ones on the bus. You can get a lot of different perspectives from different drivers. Always learning something new! Also, being able to go all of the way through Stanley Park is a bonus!

I agree thsat the trolley is the better choice. The bus [i think it was pink] drops you off at the edge of Stanley Park. We would never have been able to walk the whole park using that bus. We are very fit and walk 2-3 miles most days for exercise. But, Stanley Park is HUGE. Take the trolley if you plan to visit the park. If not either is fine.

I agree thsat the trolley is the better choice. The bus [i think it was pink] drops you off at the edge of Stanley Park. We would never have been able to walk the whole park using that bus. We are very fit and walk 2-3 miles most days for exercise. But, Stanley Park is HUGE. Take the trolley if you plan to visit the park. If not either is fine.

Unfortunately, the trolley doesn't run early in the season so folks should check the schedule according to when they tour.

Actually both of the last two posts have some errors.

The Vancouver Trolley HOHO runs all year round (they also operate the Stanley Park Shuttle which is the seasonal-only service I guess poster immediately above is referring to).

All the HOHOs now include a 'park loop' - for everyone except the trolley this involves transferring vehicles however.

Actually both of the last two posts have some errors.

The Vancouver Trolley HOHO runs all year round (they also operate the Stanley Park Shuttle which is the seasonal-only service I guess poster immediately above is referring to).

All the HOHOs now include a 'park loop' - for everyone except the trolley this involves transferring vehicles however.

You are correct. I was referring to the Stanley Park Shuttle which Is operated by the trolley company. Thanks for clarifying, as it wasn't my intension to confuse. :)

You are correct--we got on and off vehicles to see the whole park. But, the trolley provides good coverage.

I also, found they gave extra service. i. e. We were on the last trolley on our first day. It was a beautifully sunny day when we began. but, there were early evening thunderstorms. None of us had umbrellas. [totally our own fault and not complaining] But, the trolley dropped off the passengers at their hotels rather than making them walk from the stops. We did not asked for this. I think all of the riders were surprised they did this. We gave them a nice tip.

I am sure you will have a good trip whichever HOHO you choose. Vancouver is a lovely city to visit. I am sure we will return someday.