3 days in Barcelona, need help planning

Oldhippy

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me plan our time in Barcelona. We will be arriving on a Saturday morning (Jet Lag), have Sunday and Monday also. We board our ship on a Tuesday so I guess we have that morning too. We would like to take the train to the Montserrat. A Sunday Mass would be nice. Sangrada Familia is a must. I've heard most museums are closed on Mondays. Would like to see the most of what there is with our time. I'm hoping to get some good advise on what to see and when:)

Thanks,,,,,,,,,Mary

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me plan our time in Barcelona. We will be arriving on a Saturday morning (Jet Lag), have Sunday and Monday also. We board our ship on a Tuesday so I guess we have that morning too. We would like to take the train to the Montserrat. A Sunday Mass would be nice. Sangrada Familia is a must. I've heard most museums are closed on Mondays. Would like to see the most of what there is with our time. I'm hoping to get some good advise on what to see and when:)

Thanks,,,,,,,,,Mary

You've got the start of a plan. You already know that most museums are closed on Monday.

Now, for a few more pieces of the puzzle:

o The fabulous Boqueria market is closed on Sunday.

o The Gaudi house, Casa Mila (AKA La Pedrera) is open daily. That's a must-see for the roof-top creatures and the curving façade.

Here are the hours of worship services at Sagrada Familia:

CATALAN

WEEKDAYS 20:15

SATURDAYS 19:30

SUNDAYS AND HOLIDAYS OF OBLIGATION 10:30, 13:00, 18.30 *

* Except 24th June to 24th September

SPANISH

WEEKDAYS 9:00

SATURDAYS 9:00

SUNDAYS AND HOLIDAYS OF OBLIGATION 9:00, 11:45, 20:15

OP: this web site was very useful to us when we were planning our first visit to Barcelona:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/

Know also that it's very easy to get around the city on foot and by subway (buy a T-10 ticket to save money); the web site above will give you all the info on that.

You'll be there long enough that you might want to consider a walking tour of the Barri Gotic; we did one with these folks and really enjoyed it:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/barcelona-walking-tour.html

Thanks to all that replied:).

Yes, our hotel is centrally located, at least that is what I've heard on it's reviews.

I'm thinking that when we arrive Sat. morning we will stroll the Rambulas and go to the Boqueria Market. On Sunday, hit the Museums and tour the Sangrada Familia and attend service there too. On Monday take the train to Montserrat and then go see the Gaudie House.

I'd like to see Barcelonas Cathedral also and do a Gothic tour too. I don't know where I can sneak them in without over doing it. We are in our 60's and don't have the energy we used too, although we are still going strong:)

So, is this itinerary doable without being on the run all the time?

Thanks again,,,, Mary

Hi everyone,

Thanks,,,,,,,,,Mary

4774pappa post on June 18, 2013 has a step by step DIY TO MONTSERRAT . I will be following it for my trip. And PamIam post on June 25, 2013 added a few other points. The previous post on this tread with the attached web site for tourism is also extremely helpful.

Check out Barcelona Day Tours. Highly rated (5stars) on Tripadvisor, great reviews. I contacted them yesterday about the 1/2 day city tour and will be booking today. Can't beat the pickup and drop off service they include. We are cruising out of Barcelona on May 5.